Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
what is the fastest way to get gold besides devilish hollow farming? I want to buy a new ship but I need more gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PrivateerOfLA on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
what is the fastest way to get gold besides devilish hollow farming? I want to buy a new ship but I need more gold.
Depending on your level, there are a couple of dungeons that you can farm for gold:
1. Friar Sand in the Corrupted Shrine, Subata, MooShu
2. Beachhead, Marleybone
and the best gold of all is found:
3. The Tower of Moo Manchu, Paths of Penance, Subata, MooShu!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I always get a lot of gold, gear, and mojo potions at the little game stands

There's one in Avery's Court and it's in every tavern.

Good luck getting a new ship!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Are you trying to get Gunns Gold? Try and finish achieving that and you'll get some nice cashflow, of your max lvl I highly reccomend going through the tower of moo Manchu, the tower will put you at the gold cap

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Cogburn's questline and Burly's Gold gives you alot of cash
Along with a surprise at the end of the first

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
"Compelled by greed wr were but now... we are consumed by it." Jk. For me the best way is simply sinking ships in aquila b ecause I can't do the moo manchu tower very well and I've never been one for land farming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
"Compelled by greed wr were but now... we are consumed by it." Jk. For me the best way is simply sinking ships in aquila b ecause I can't do the moo manchu tower very well and I've never been one for land farming.
Then your scrip as well as gold supply is growing. "The love of money is the root of all evil".

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
How many pets do you have? Train them all with The Hornpipe (second page, Skull Island section) and go to a Pet Gear Vendor to sell each Bosun's Whistle they come back with for 1,020 gold!

Send your unused companions Plunderin' for gold or Scavengin' for gear that you can sell for gold!

Head to the Stormgates -- defeat the creatures there for gold, gold and more gold!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Willowydream on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
How many pets do you have? Train them all with The Hornpipe (second page, Skull Island section) and go to a Pet Gear Vendor to sell each Bosun's Whistle they come back with for 1,020 gold!

Send your unused companions Plunderin' for gold or Scavengin' for gear that you can sell for gold!

Head to the Stormgates -- defeat the creatures there for gold, gold and more gold!
Great tips, Willow!

To add on to this, if you have 'spare pets' to train, here's what I've done ever since advanced pets hit the Spiral. It produces a constant flow of gold (selling pet gear) & turn over of needed pet gear to for the 'training cycle'.

- Train all Lvl 1-9 pets in the SI event, Sculling. (This produces- Island Sculls, needed for, The Hornpipe)
- Train Lvl 10-25 pets (higher if desired) in the SI Event, The Hornpipe. The Island Sculls from Sculling are used for The Hornpipe. The Hornpipe produces Bars, which are needed for the next step & training event, & occasionally Bosun's Whistles.
- Train Lvl 25+ pets in the MQ event, Monkey Bars. This produces Rackets every time. I usually stop around 40 because Energy costs & wait times start to get to be too expensive.

You will have a constant flow of pet gear needed for the above steps.
Island Sculls-->Bars (& Whistles)-->Rackets
Sell all gear at the vendor in Circus Maximus: Whistle's for 1,020 & Rackets for 450 gold each.
Rackets are guaranteed from the Monkey Bars event- you will rack up a lot of them. Having pets on both Hornpipe & Monkey Bars, guarantees gold every training cycle. Sometimes it takes 5 turns to produce a random Whistle- for 1 pet, that's at least 5 turns w/ 5 Rackets = 2250 gold. Throw in a random Whistle earned & cha-ching. Do this across all pirates & you have a constant source of gold.

* Stop training spare pets at levels 40-45, unless you have some real promising critters. For these pets, switch to the top 3 Cool Ranch events-- Calf Press/Saw Bend/Ghost Dance. These are the cheapest & most efficient-- Energy/Time compared to EXP/Attribute/Health gained-- events for higher level pets, with each one producing +1 in one of the 3 attributes (Strength, Agility, Will). By alternating between those 3, you max all attribute stats, EXP gains & nearly max health bars, as you go...at relatively low time/Energy costs. The biggest "Bang for Your Buck", so to speak.

As for gold farming...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The absolute fastest, & perhaps most boring, way to max gold-- is to farm chests in Achaea. Well, kind of, sort of. For a blazing fast 0 - 200,00 gold, you need 2 accounts, requires access to Achaea, & have to realm hop for a bit. With 2 accounts I can go from 0 gold to max in an average of 40 minutes. I've done it in as little as 30...40 being average.

Have Achaea marked, log in, grab the 2 spawning chests, exit to character select, re-enter, switch realms & grab 2 chests again. Rinse and repeat. For all 2-lock Group Plunder Chests, have pirate on 2nd account port in. By using 2nd account-- no need to worry about empty friends list, other players even answering or helping out, & there's no wait. Plus you will fill up both accounts with gold. Skip all 4-lock chests & keep hoppin', unless you have enough friends on willing to help. If no 2nd account-- grab friends...a bit slower, but still fast.

Ways to speed up the process:

- Place mark right next to one of the chests.
- Every time you log in/spawn in from pirate select screen, hold down 'X'. You will activate the chests (normal/group plunder) as you port in. Sometimes when you port to someone at a group chest, you have to back away & then come back to the chest. Holding down 'X' as you port in, negates the need for that & instantly activates/opens the chest. So, when cycling realms, hold down the 'X' every time your pirate loads into the game. And also when you port your 2nd account pirate to open chests.
- When you exit the game (Esc), as soon as the Gandry/Boochbeard load screen 'turns black', hit 'Enter'. This will 'skip' the character select screen and jump you right back in the game. Wait just a split second & hold down Ctrl-M, to open the realm screen. The Realm screen will be open & waiting before your pirate even appears on screen.

These steps cut down quite a few 'waiting' seconds. With practice you can grab 2 chests every 10-12 seconds. That's great gold from max-level chests & lots of GPC's to open.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
The absolute fastest, & perhaps most boring, way to max gold-- is to farm chests in Achaea. Well, kind of, sort of. For a blazing fast 0 - 200,00 gold, you need 2 accounts, requires access to Achaea, & have to realm hop for a bit. With 2 accounts I can go from 0 gold to max in an average of 40 minutes. I've done it in as little as 30...40 being average.

Have Achaea marked, log in, grab the 2 spawning chests, exit to character select, re-enter, switch realms & grab 2 chests again. Rinse and repeat. For all 2-lock Group Plunder Chests, have pirate on 2nd account port in. By using 2nd account-- no need to worry about empty friends list, other players even answering or helping out, & there's no wait. Plus you will fill up both accounts with gold. Skip all 4-lock chests & keep hoppin', unless you have enough friends on willing to help. If no 2nd account-- grab friends...a bit slower, but still fast.

Ways to speed up the process:

- Place mark right next to one of the chests.
- Every time you log in/spawn in from pirate select screen, hold down 'X'. You will activate the chests (normal/group plunder) as you port in. Sometimes when you port to someone at a group chest, you have to back away & then come back to the chest. Holding down 'X' as you port in, negates the need for that & instantly activates/opens the chest. So, when cycling realms, hold down the 'X' every time your pirate loads into the game. And also when you port your 2nd account pirate to open chests.
- When you exit the game (Esc), as soon as the Gandry/Boochbeard load screen 'turns black', hit 'Enter'. This will 'skip' the character select screen and jump you right back in the game. Wait just a split second & hold down Ctrl-M, to open the realm screen. The Realm screen will be open & waiting before your pirate even appears on screen.

These steps cut down quite a few 'waiting' seconds. With practice you can grab 2 chests every 10-12 seconds. That's great gold from max-level chests & lots of GPC's to open.
One last thing...

The above realm hopping & chest farming method is a perfect way to supplement/compliment the pet training/pet gear selling method.

Once Achaea is marked & you have enough gold to morph at least one time, hit the morphing tent. Work on hybrids, transfering pet traits, pedigree boosts, better offspring of pets, or whatever other morphing results you desire. All of these offspring will serve as your spare pets for the 'training cycle'.

After your 1st morph, hit Achaea & use the chest method to grab gold, while you wait out the morphing timer. In 10 idle minutes I usually get from 45,000 - 65,000 gold. That's gold for up to 3 of the most expensive morphs-- more if using 2, Lvl 30 pets.

So you can possibly hit hybrid gold, produce some amazing offspring, boost your own pets' pedigrees, & produce a nice stockpile of spare pets to train, sell pet gear earned, & keep that gold coming in.

The 2 methods work incredibly well together & are a perfect way to maintain a steady gold supply for morphing enthusiasts. Plus you are not committed to doing dungeon/tower/boss farming & such. Only have 10, or 20, or 30 minutes to spare...or worried about having to jump off unexpectedly? No worries the chests won't mind at all & will be there waiting when you return.

Some may say that you also get gear to sell while doing those dungeon/tower runs, but until we get bank/pack capacity upgrades, that can also present a problem. Most of us at max level already struggle with finding bank/pack storage space & are constantly having to juggle gear to keep from being at or near max capacity. So the chest farming method won't get you gear to sell (except for quad chest), but there also are no issues with items being trashed or constant running to sell & overflowing of storage.

Let your companions bring in gear to sell. That way you can choose when to collect & sell the gear. Scavengin' is far more efficient than plunderin'...in the long run.

And..sorry for the books to read.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
Depending on your level, there are a couple of dungeons that you can farm for gold:
1. Friar Sand in the Corrupted Shrine, Subata, MooShu
2. Beachhead, Marleybone
and the best gold of all is found:
3. The Tower of Moo Manchu, Paths of Penance, Subata, MooShu!
One run get me max gold depending on how much I have left over.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Moo Manchu farming, of course!
Plus, if you're really desperate, you can always send your trusty companions on quests to get gold for ye. I recommend Ratbeard. He really likes gold