Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friar Sand Frustration!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
So I've been farming sandy lately, and all I'm getting is gold and ONE low level pet snack. The only thing that was GOOD was a totem for privateers only. Seriously KI, increase the chance of something GOOD dropped from friar sand!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
So I've been farming sandy lately, and all I'm getting is gold and ONE low level pet snack. The only thing that was GOOD was a totem for privateers only. Seriously KI, increase the chance of something GOOD dropped from friar sand!
Silly pirate. Drops are for kids!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Try farming him with other pirates. The more pirates there are, the more chests will drop and higher odds of good stuff. Plus you will have a chance a group plunder chests.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
From what I have seen, almost all, if not all, the bosses have a very low drop rate of good items when there is only 1 Pirate. KI, please change the drop rate table so Pirates who are alone for one reason or another can still get at least 1 good item when fighting bosses.

Developer
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
From what I have seen, almost all, if not all, the bosses have a very low drop rate of good items when there is only 1 Pirate. KI, please change the drop rate table so Pirates who are alone for one reason or another can still get at least 1 good item when fighting bosses.
There's only 1 Friar Sand in the instance, and he'll get one roll on his loot tables, and that roll is not modified at all, no matter how many people come in with you.

There's no difference between what Friar Sand drops with 1 pirate or 4 pirates, except the chance of a Group Plunder chest dropping. (I assume you're not talking about Group Plunder chests here.)

Having more people in the fight will cause more of his minions to spawn, so if you're looking to farm for gold, this is a good (some say "the best") spot.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
There's only 1 Friar Sand in the instance, and he'll get one roll on his loot tables, and that roll is not modified at all, no matter how many people come in with you.

There's no difference between what Friar Sand drops with 1 pirate or 4 pirates, except the chance of a Group Plunder chest dropping. (I assume you're not talking about Group Plunder chests here.)

Having more people in the fight will cause more of his minions to spawn, so if you're looking to farm for gold, this is a good (some say "the best") spot.
Thanks for clarifying that Ratbeard. Whenever I am farming him there are always other pirates with me racing around and opening chests like, well like mad pirates and I never made the connection the the goodies always came from that special boss chest. I guess I kinda did know it, I just didn't put it into perspective.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that Ratbeard. Whenever I am farming him there are always other pirates with me racing around and opening chests like, well like mad pirates and I never made the connection the the goodies always came from that special boss chest. I guess I kinda did know it, I just didn't put it into perspective.
See,those pirates aren't doing the sensible thing.The sensible thing is to let the other pirates open the chests while you stay put patting your head and rubbing your tummy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
See,those pirates aren't doing the sensible thing.The sensible thing is to let the other pirates open the chests while you stay put patting your head and rubbing your tummy.
Excellent point

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yes indeed. It may be hard to get drops, but if you go in with 3 other people, you can get 10,000-30,000 gold for relatively little effort. THAT IS SIGNIFICANT. Only 10-20 battles will give you max gold, and any drops you can't use just gets you more gold. Add onto that, the chance for the Flying Turtle Mount from the GPC (Group Plunder Chest) and the chance for pets are like extra rewards!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
We should farm friar sand sometimes
The battle also drops mini games and a few pets plus lots of gold

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Overall, FS and companions are good for gold. These days, it is largely a waste is you are after items. But fair enough, as it is a relatively easy fight.

-Indigo

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
krokotopia pirate on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Is the flying turtle mount permanent.
Yes it is. Same speed as a running pirate but very permanent.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I believe the Flying Turtle Mount is permanent. It should say when you either hover the cursor over it or select it.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
I believe the Flying Turtle Mount is permanent. It should say when you either hover the cursor over it or select it.
The Flying Turtle mount drops from group plunder chests, right? Or the regular one?

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
The Flying Turtle mount drops from group plunder chests, right? Or the regular one?
Mine came from a group plunder chest.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010