Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fastest non-quest xp?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 27, 2012
I have decided to do something that is not for the feint of heart and I am aware it will take a very long time. I want to max without completing a single quest. I have a max on another account so I can solo almost any dungeon, but I am wondering 2 things.

1: Which enemies can give me the most xp possible when I defeat them.

2: How is the xp calculated when I defeat an enemy. I know it supposedly has to do with my level compared to the enemy but I see 0 evidence of that. It seems that the higher level I am, even when facing the beginning troggies, the more xp I recieve (lvl69 about 6-17xp per fight and level 1 about 1-2xp per fight).

If anyone is wondering why I wish to pursue this silly quest, it is because when a companion is recruited via questing, they are recruited a couple levels ahead of you, and so that is the only way to get a companion above level 70 at the moment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
devloto on May 20, 2020 wrote:
I have decided to do something that is not for the feint of heart and I am aware it will take a very long time. I want to max without completing a single quest. I have a max on another account so I can solo almost any dungeon, but I am wondering 2 things.

2: How is the xp calculated when I defeat an enemy. I know it supposedly has to do with my level compared to the enemy but I see 0 evidence of that. It seems that the higher level I am, even when facing the beginning troggies, the more xp I recieve (lvl69 about 6-17xp per fight and level 1 about 1-2xp per fight).

If anyone is wondering why I wish to pursue this silly quest, it is because when a companion is recruited via questing, they are recruited a couple levels ahead of you, and so that is the only way to get a companion above level 70 at the moment.
This will take a very loooong time and I believe it's not possible. Quests not only give you experience, but by completing them, it opens up more areas with higher enemies to defeat, thus earning you more experience.
However, I would suggest that you also look at enemies in the skyway ( not just mobs on land ) - you can board instead of sinking the ships and that would gain exp without doing a quest.
Good Luck with your quest, it won't be easy!

Ensign
Apr 01, 2013
devloto on May 20, 2020 wrote:

This is indeed possible, but will be EXTREMELY difficult. I believe only 2 have ever done this, and I know I'm friends with one. The best way to do this is to farm troggies until you level once or twice. After you do this (if you decide not to get bonnie anne) proceed to farm the ancient tunnel mobs until you're about level 8. Reaching this level you will need to farm the ancient tunnel bosses. After farming those out for weeks (keep in mind this will be a VERY time consuming process) you will need to have reached levels 12-15. There you will need to teleport to a friend to farm the cutthroats in cutthroat bay. After that switch to devil fish hallow, where you can battle more mobs higher levels (30) If you REALLY want to continue, you'd need to farm these mobs until level 50, where you can get the quest to save Avery, as those cutthroats are levels 50-60.

I know that I was able to get to level 30-40 as a ftp. So if you do this so much times you would be able to reach max. To speed up the process I'd recommend buying the tower of moo manchu to farm. Since those don't give companions i think that it would be wise.

I hope this paragraph helped!

Ensign
May 28, 2020
I think I have found a few things on this topic.
Most gold: KANE
Most xp: Captain Hande
(also if you are willing to do a whole dungeon do Moo Manchu's tower- there are like 10 fights or something and you get a cool badge)