Fan Fiction Question for One-Eyed Jack

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
I've been working on a fan fiction for almost a month now, and I have decided to send it in. I was wondering if it would be better to send it chapter by chapter over a couple of weeks, or to send it all at once with the chapters attached in separate documents. My other question is: in the email itself, am I supposed to put anything specific regarding my fan fiction title or my character's name?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MistyDragon13 on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I've been working on a fan fiction for almost a month now, and I have decided to send it in. I was wondering if it would be better to send it chapter by chapter over a couple of weeks, or to send it all at once with the chapters attached in separate documents. My other question is: in the email itself, am I supposed to put anything specific regarding my fan fiction title or my character's name?
You must include a title and your character's name, Misty. If I were you, I would space out the submissions, depending on length, maybe two chapters a month?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
MistyDragon13 on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I've been working on a fan fiction for almost a month now, and I have decided to send it in. I was wondering if it would be better to send it chapter by chapter over a couple of weeks, or to send it all at once with the chapters attached in separate documents. My other question is: in the email itself, am I supposed to put anything specific regarding my fan fiction title or my character's name?
Hello again! I send my work in chapter-by-chapter along with the title and how I want my author name to be listed. It'll be awfully difficult to have your fan-fiction on the page without a title or author name, right?

Happy writing,

Destiny

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
Thanks guys!

Problem is, I haven't thought of a title for it yet...

Administrator
Hi! Please include your Pirate101 character's name, the title of your work (with every email), and the specific name of the chapter if there is one.

As a side note, we prefer receiving only one chapter per email as it is easier to keep track of.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Please include your Pirate101 character's name, the title of your work (with every email), and the specific name of the chapter if there is one.

As a side note, we prefer receiving only one chapter per email as it is easier to keep track of.

Thanks!
All right then, cool! Thanks for answering, One-Eyed Jack!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MistyDragon13 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Thanks guys!

Problem is, I haven't thought of a title for it yet...
Is there a unifying theme? As in "On the Streets of Dogs" both the place and the main character are in MB on the streets ( and under ). And for " Hench ( wo ) man for Hire" which arose from a comment I made to a friend one night after helping a long string of friends questing "That I might as well be a Henchman!"
So what unifies your story?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Is there a unifying theme? As in "On the Streets of Dogs" both the place and the main character are in MB on the streets ( and under ). And for " Hench ( wo ) man for Hire" which arose from a comment I made to a friend one night after helping a long string of friends questing "That I might as well be a Henchman!"
So what unifies your story?
Hmm...

Without giving too much away, the story is basically about a Musketeer named Lucas Ironside. Lucas is a spy for Marleybone, and is responsible for gathering information on the Armada. He gets captured by the Armada and escapes with two other Pirates: a cat pirate named Falcon, and our favorite fox Bonnie Anne. They make their way to the Isle of Dogs and get pulled into a plot to destroy Marleybone's Navy. (Oh! Forgot to mention that this all happens before Marleybone storyline in the game.)

So, thinking about that, and all of the other stuff in it that I didn't post (because it would be telling) I would say that a good title might me 'Broken Skies', which is a name I've been thinking about for a while now.

Quick question for you: Are you an author?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MistyDragon13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Hmm...

Without giving too much away, the story is basically about a Musketeer named Lucas Ironside. Lucas is a spy for Marleybone, and is responsible for gathering information on the Armada. He gets captured by the Armada and escapes with two other Pirates: a cat pirate named Falcon, and our favorite fox Bonnie Anne. They make their way to the Isle of Dogs and get pulled into a plot to destroy Marleybone's Navy. (Oh! Forgot to mention that this all happens before Marleybone storyline in the game.)

So, thinking about that, and all of the other stuff in it that I didn't post (because it would be telling) I would say that a good title might me 'Broken Skies', which is a name I've been thinking about for a while now.

Quick question for you: Are you an author?
Not yet, but I may soon be! Currently I illustrate a children's book series. It was a life long love of reading that has caused me to try writing. With due modesty , I believe I have a talent for it!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Not yet, but I may soon be! Currently I illustrate a children's book series. It was a life long love of reading that has caused me to try writing. With due modesty , I believe I have a talent for it!
You definitely are an excellent author! Wait...what book series do you illustrate?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MistyDragon13 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
You definitely are an excellent author! Wait...what book series do you illustrate?
Would love to tell you, but Ki "don't allow no advertising in here", I can tell you the name in game, though.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Would love to tell you, but Ki "don't allow no advertising in here", I can tell you the name in game, though.
Cool! Okay, what's a good time for you to meet in-game? Does tomorrow (August 1) at 7:00-ish PM (I may be a little late) Central time work? We can meet in Vadima Realm in Nova Aquila Docks, next to the Life Fountain. My pirate's name is Misty Jackson.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
MistyDragon13 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Cool! Okay, what's a good time for you to meet in-game? Does tomorrow (August 1) at 7:00-ish PM (I may be a little late) Central time work? We can meet in Vadima Realm in Nova Aquila Docks, next to the Life Fountain. My pirate's name is Misty Jackson.
Oh, bother. Turns out I won't be home at that time. I think we'll have to wait until next week.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
MistyDragon13 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Oh, bother. Turns out I won't be home at that time. I think we'll have to wait until next week.
Heh, Misty Jackson MistyDragon. Heh heh. Sorry, that's not actually that funny, but I see what you did there.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
darkdoombro345 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Heh, Misty Jackson MistyDragon. Heh heh. Sorry, that's not actually that funny, but I see what you did there.
Actually I did MistyDragon since I like dragons.