Excited for Novembarr?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
At the beginning of the month there were several teaser images released so we would be excited for Novembarr. At the time I'm writing this post, tomorrow is the last day of November and we still haven't gotten anything- More teasers, test realm, updates. I was looking forward to what was going to happen but now it doesn't seem like anything will. When is the stuff coming, you think?

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
35
KingsIsle, i see that you all have done some things for thanksgiving like the eyepatch and gold but you guys said november would be very exciting i am still waiting to see such a change. And quite frankly i am losing faith in you guys cause november is almost done and we still haven't seen anything important yet. i know there is still some time left but seriously many people are starting to play the game less and look for other forms of entertainment because Pirate101 is currently boring. if you all do update or do something big for November i will say that i am expecting something pretty big cause last time you all took this long to update it was two worlds in store for us so i hope we can get something comparable this time too.

Administrator
Pirates in the Sky on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
At the beginning of the month there were several teaser images released so we would be excited for Novembarr. At the time I'm writing this post, tomorrow is the last day of November and we still haven't gotten anything- More teasers, test realm, updates. I was looking forward to what was going to happen but now it doesn't seem like anything will. When is the stuff coming, you think?
Hi!

In November we externally . . .
  • Released 3 screenshots that were never before seen outside of our internal servers.
  • Released 2 pictures of never before seen new pets from our internal servers.
  • Released the all new Empire Bundle.
  • Gave a free Veteran's Day Wreath to all players (who entered the code).
  • Released the Admiral Bundle for purchase on Pirate101.com.
  • Released a Thanksgiving eye patch and gave a free Autumn eye patch and gold to players (who entered the code).
  • Held in-game and out-of-game sales and promotions.

I know that may not seem like much (or what you really want), but many MANY more exciting things have been happening internally at KingsIsle (right alongside the excitement of the Thanksgiving holiday, which we celebrate with our families as well).

I'm sorry if it appears as if I overstated the excitement of November. Please accept my apologies. It is partly my burden and my joy to get the troops excited while looking at what's coming up, and I can't contain myself . . . because I truly am excited for the future of Pirate101! December and January are looking great, but, you're right, perhaps I'm going to have to temper my own excitement in the newsletter to not overstate it.

Hang in there! We're working hard to give you a quality product and that takes time.

Again, sorry if there was an overstatement and thank you for your patience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
87
Hi

it took long to create a new world, a new story, creatures, quests and all kind of that stuff, KI is working hard to make the game experience so high as possible and that takes time, allot of time, we need to be patience and beside that, the game is never boring, you can do allot, helping other pirate out for example

Have Fun Pirates!

Blaze

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

In November we externally . . .
  • Released 3 screenshots that were never before seen outside of our internal servers.
  • Released 2 pictures of never before seen new pets from our internal servers.
  • Released the all new Empire Bundle.
  • Gave a free Veteran's Day Wreath to all players (who entered the code).
  • Released the Admiral Bundle for purchase on Pirate101.com.
  • Released a Thanksgiving eye patch and gave a free Autumn eye patch and gold to players (who entered the code).
  • Held in-game and out-of-game sales and promotions.

I know that may not seem like much (or what you really want), but many MANY more exciting things have been happening internally at KingsIsle (right alongside the excitement of the Thanksgiving holiday, which we celebrate with our families as well).

I'm sorry if it appears as if I overstated the excitement of November. Please accept my apologies. It is partly my burden and my joy to get the troops excited while looking at what's coming up, and I can't contain myself . . . because I truly am excited for the future of Pirate101! December and January are looking great, but, you're right, perhaps I'm going to have to temper my own excitement in the newsletter to not overstate it.

Hang in there! We're working hard to give you a quality product and that takes time.

Again, sorry if there was an overstatement and thank you for your patience.
Please don't feel bad Jack. We are not all chomping at the bit. I have been very busy getting ready. I finally got my privateer's companions all trained up to level 65 or above, even the sleepers as they are my witch hunters that I pull out when needed. I have been busy helping other gamers get ready. When I have time, I plan on making more gold so I can FINALLY have some left over so I can begin decorating my houses. All my gold seems to go for gear or training and there is never anything left for decorations except for what is dropped. Sure I decorate with the dropped goodies but I have MANY more plans but just not the gold or crowns to do it. I am busy farming those stingy bosses for the non auction gear I want so that I can play more effectively. I am busy doing research so that I can become a better player that can learn to think outside the box instead of running out of the test realm like my hair is on fire *Nods to Ratbeard for the wonderfully eloquent way of describing my feelings when I tried to play like I always had.*
I Just haven't had the time to be bored and I will not have time for quite a while as there is still lots to do while I wait for the new stuff you guys are planing for me. I totally appreciate the teasers as they encourage me to get busy and to get ready and to help others do the same. This game is never boring and I know it will only get better as you guys work so hard to improve it. I don't expect all the bells and whistles of Wizard. This isn't Wizard, This is Pirate and I love how different it is and I am more that willing to be patient. The bells and whistles will come with time, just like they did with our big sister (or is it brother) game.
I am doing just fine as I wait for what you are doing and I have enjoyed all the wonderful things you have done for November. I cherish every little thing you have given me. Being a widow of a Vet I was most tenderly touched at your honoring those that have given so much for our freedom that is never free. I just wish I had the crowns to take advantage of all the sales you have so graciously provided for me but since I needed to replace my laptop, that huge expense came first and the little perks will come later.
November has been wonderful for me especially with me discovering a hidden Gamestop so that I could take advantage of all your hard work and actually enjoy the fruits of your labor with an actual Empire Bundle. I never thought that would happen and I am totally jazzed at the massive amounts of work that went into it.
Well done to all of you and I am immensely thrilled with all the November surprises.
The best part is that it's not over. I know you have so much more waiting to release in good time. I much prefer to wait and have it done right.
After all, the anticipation is half the fun.
Good job KingsIsle Team including you my favorite wascully wabbit.
All my thanks, blessings and giggles and tons of encouragement on all of you. *Hugs*

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

In November we externally . . .
  • Released 3 screenshots that were never before seen outside of our internal servers.
  • Released 2 pictures of never before seen new pets from our internal servers.
  • Released the all new Empire Bundle.
  • Gave a free Veteran's Day Wreath to all players (who entered the code).
  • Released the Admiral Bundle for purchase on Pirate101.com.
  • Released a Thanksgiving eye patch and gave a free Autumn eye patch and gold to players (who entered the code).
  • Held in-game and out-of-game sales and promotions.

I know that may not seem like much (or what you really want), but many MANY more exciting things have been happening internally at KingsIsle (right alongside the excitement of the Thanksgiving holiday, which we celebrate with our families as well).

I'm sorry if it appears as if I overstated the excitement of November. Please accept my apologies. It is partly my burden and my joy to get the troops excited while looking at what's coming up, and I can't contain myself . . . because I truly am excited for the future of Pirate101! December and January are looking great, but, you're right, perhaps I'm going to have to temper my own excitement in the newsletter to not overstate it.

Hang in there! We're working hard to give you a quality product and that takes time.

Again, sorry if there was an overstatement and thank you for your patience.
Thanks for clearing that up Jack. Its good to know that you are taking time making fantastic new updates. On another note I think many players are not active on message boards but are active on other offical fan pages such as the Pirate101 Facebook page. Players there do not know and or are probably confused over the Dino-Vembarr issue. I suggest you post exactly what you said here on these pages as well.

Administrator
Golden Guardian on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up Jack. Its good to know that you are taking time making fantastic new updates. On another note I think many players are not active on message boards but are active on other offical fan pages such as the Pirate101 Facebook page. Players there do not know and or are probably confused over the Dino-Vembarr issue. I suggest you post exactly what you said here on these pages as well.
Sharing Dinovember's picture was simply for fun. The Dinovember page caught on like wildfire last month (over 250 thousand likes in one month) and even received media attention and started going viral. When they posted a picture of Dinosaurs wearing pirate hats and searching for gold, it was too tempting not to share on Facebook . . . especially considering our Tribal Crew Dinosaur pirates.

In other words, sometimes it isn't a hint at anything . . . it's just for fun.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Dear Jack (and everyone else at KingsIsle) -- yes, please do be excited as you roll out teasing peeks and treats for your players. There's no need to tone down being happy and excited. I'm happy and excited over even little things myself! You've providing so much that is playful and intriguing, and it is true: KingsIsle put out a lot this month.

Like Chrissy said, we're not all chomping at the bit. As the old saying goes: "things worth wanting are worth waiting for." This is a game with a lot of complexity, and we really appreciate all the details. And I hope that even though I know you are working hard, you still get to have some down time, time to calm down and recharge, time to spend with your families and friends.

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Sharing Dinovember's picture was simply for fun. The Dinovember page caught on like wildfire last month (over 250 thousand likes in one month) and even received media attention and started going viral. When they posted a picture of Dinosaurs wearing pirate hats and searching for gold, it was too tempting not to share on Facebook . . . especially considering our Tribal Crew Dinosaur pirates.

In other words, sometimes it isn't a hint at anything . . . it's just for fun.
What I meant was many players on facebook or other media may have been expecting an update with new worlds coming in november. The release of a new world was highly anticipated on novembarr*. Maybe you should tell facebook or other media fan pages the misunderstanding about the release of an external reference which players thought would happen and rather say the sneak peeks was an internal reference. Afterall pages such as Facebook Pirate101 have a high number of visitors (25000+), and 99% of these guys are probably not on the message board.

*I misunderstood and thought that with the mix of dinos and hawaii styled theme sneak peeks, we were getting a jurrasic park-hawaii world. I thought dino were getting released.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

In November we externally . . .
  • Released 3 screenshots that were never before seen outside of our internal servers.
  • Released 2 pictures of never before seen new pets from our internal servers.
  • Released the all new Empire Bundle.
  • Gave a free Veteran's Day Wreath to all players (who entered the code).
  • Released the Admiral Bundle for purchase on Pirate101.com.
  • Released a Thanksgiving eye patch and gave a free Autumn eye patch and gold to players (who entered the code).
  • Held in-game and out-of-game sales and promotions.

I know that may not seem like much (or what you really want), but many MANY more exciting things have been happening internally at KingsIsle (right alongside the excitement of the Thanksgiving holiday, which we celebrate with our families as well).

I'm sorry if it appears as if I overstated the excitement of November. Please accept my apologies. It is partly my burden and my joy to get the troops excited while looking at what's coming up, and I can't contain myself . . . because I truly am excited for the future of Pirate101! December and January are looking great, but, you're right, perhaps I'm going to have to temper my own excitement in the newsletter to not overstate it.

Hang in there! We're working hard to give you a quality product and that takes time.

Again, sorry if there was an overstatement and thank you for your patience.
where are the pet pictures?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
MightySwashbuckler... on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
where are the pet pictures?
*Chuckles* They were a bit sneaky with that one. Its at the end of the post on the KingsIsle blog about their pets. Check out the photo montage.