Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Epic/power odities (mostly WD)

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Heya, I'm not sure these are bugs so I'll be posting here.

First of all, I should say my WD uses staffy/shooty combo weapon, as it matters in the following queries:

- Doomspell: It's not working when Carcarius flanks someone with me, however it works when flanking with another WD... so I wonder if it only works with pure staffy weapons, or if its a bug?
Moreover, why does it only work when flanking melee style? I mean target has to be right next to WD's.
As WD/Staffy epic I think it should work from range too.

- Redied spell/Overwatch: These used to work at the same time on the same target, now it doesnt anymore.
Let me try to explain, target moves toward me and is 3 tiles away, my redied spell triggers (overwatch used to trigger here) then target keeps moving, now 2 tiles from me and only then overwatch triggers. (or overwatch then redied spell, order seems random?)
So I'd like to know if it was changed or if its a bug, because Parting shot and coward's bane can still work together on the same target on the same tile.

- Raven's cry: When used on myself, only grants Quick draw and Return fire, shouldnt I also gain staffy epics?

Thank you.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The issue with Raven's Cry will have been fixed in this morning's game update.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Bonnie Anne on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
The issue with Raven's Cry will have been fixed in this morning's game update.
Thank you, I will try it out later.

Anything about the other issues?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Raven cry and crow song still only give me musk epics, as I said I use shooty/staffy weapon and I dont get staffy epics.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Apologies for the miscommunication. If you are using a combo weapon, you won't get epics for both.

If you are using a Shooty/Staffy combo, you will only get Shooty epics. If you use a Staffy/Shooty weapon, you will only get Staffy epics. You cannot get four epics from one Ravens Cry or two epics from Crow Song.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Bonnie Anne on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Apologies for the miscommunication. If you are using a combo weapon, you won't get epics for both.

If you are using a Shooty/Staffy combo, you will only get Shooty epics. If you use a Staffy/Shooty weapon, you will only get Staffy epics. You cannot get four epics from one Ravens Cry or two epics from Crow Song.
Thanks for clarification, was wondering if that was intended.

And there are shooty/staffy AND staffy/shooty weapons? Didnt know that...