Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Epic Talents Questions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 10, 2015
Greetings!

I have spent a few days in the game trying to figure out the multipliers for each Epic Talent, intending to precisely set up my collection of companions. I reached the following results:

Burst Fire, Relentless, Mojo Echo = 100% of Weapon Power
Bladestorm, Double Tap, and Mojo Rising = 100% of Weapon Power
Cheap Shot, Parting Shot, and Coward's Bane = 66% of Weapon Power
First Strike, Quick Draw, and Intuition* = 66% of Weapon Power
Overwatch, Repel Boarders, and Readied Spell = 66% of Weapon Power
Riposte, Return Fire, and Counterspell = 135% of Weapon Power
Quick Adjust, Second Chance, and Jobu's Ruse = 100% of Weapon Power
Flanking, Crossfire, and DoomSpell = 66% of Weapon Power
Vengeance Strike, True Grit, and Retribution = 90% of Weapon Power
Basic attack (clicking on opponent) = 100% of Weapon Power
Witch Hunter = 135% of Spell Power

All of the results above were obtained from attacks that didn't land as a Critical hit and ignored Magic Resist/Armor.
*I did get some inconsistency with the talent First Strike, which sometimes appeared to hit 85% or 105% of Weapon Power.

I'd like to ask a developer the following questions:

1) Do Epic Talents have a fix multiplying number (Such as Leviathan in Wizard101) or would they have multiplier numbers that are variant? (Wild Bolt in Wizard101 as a reference).
If they are variant numbers, would it be possible to provide a range of variation numbers please?

2) In regards of the Epic Talents [First Strike 3, Quick Draw 3, and Intuition 3] The description says that after performing the attack, the weapon power is increased by 25%. Is it supposed to work like a [Riposte 3] talent, where the pirate gains a Dodge buff, increasing the dodge by 15 up to 3x (45) during that turn and all the dodge obtained through Riposte 3 resets after the next turn starts, making [First Strike 3] then able to increase the weapon power by 25% up to 3x (75%) during that turn, potentially affecting the base damage of other following talents such as Relentless and Bladestorm... ? Or [First Strike 3] is only supposed to increase the damage of [First strike]?

3) In regards of the Epic Talent [Improved Mojo Blast 3] The description says that after performing the attack, the weapon power is increased by 10%. In the same context as the second question, will this talent potentially increase the Weapon power for the follow up talent [Mojo Echo], or the 10% increased damage will only affect the first hit (3x3 area)?

4) In Regards of the Epic Talent [Merciless], after performing a couple tests, I noticed this talent will trigger when engaging or disengaging a wounded opponent. I noticed that for the ranks 1 and 2 of [Merciless] the attack is triggered when the enemy’s HP status is red and for the rank 3, the attack is triggered when the enemy’s HP status is yellow. Is it possible to provide the percentage of HP that each rank of [Merciless] will be triggered please? Also, do you guys consider reworking the activation condition for this talent? I noticed that even the companion with merciless, after dropping the enemy’s HP to a Yellow/Red zone wont trigger [Merciless] unless disengaging and reengaging the enemy, making the activation for this talent very inefficient. Is it also possible to provide the multiplier for this attack Please?

5) In Regards of the Epic Talent [Bloodsucker], after performing a couple tests, I noticed that talent is only applied for the first hit. Is this how it’s supposed to work? I thought this talent was supposed to be applied to all hits performed by the user. I believe that by using 2 talents to affect only the first attack makes the talent very underwhelming. Especially by the fact that these talents are rare and already come set to the companions that are able to perform it.

6) In regards of Epic Talents and Powers that provide Buffs or Debuffs after an attack (Ex. Repel Boarders 3, Bladestorm 5, Buccaneer Smash) It is very common that the buff/debuff is applied very late after the hit that brings them are performed. For example, Repel Boarders 3 is successfully activated and performed as a critical hit. Instead of instantly applying the –50% accuracy debuff after the attack, it will instead trigger bladestorm, which can potentially trigger relentless, which will make the opponent activate vengeance strike --> Relentless --> Bladestorm and only after this whole interaction happen, the accuracy debuff from repel boarders is finally applied to the enemy. This is something that have been happening quite often and makes the Buff/debuff very inefficient at least for that round. Is this how things are supposed to happen? Or it’s something that you guys are aware as a mistake and will soon be working on fixing it?

7) Is it possible to confirm if my list of multipliers is close to the real data? And also inform if there are any mistakes on it? Or missing Talents.

Thank you very much for your attention! Love you guys! This Game is Awesome!! <3