Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

el toro build

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
I just restarted my el toro so i need to know what to give him since he wasnt so good for me. As of now he is level 56. I am a witch. Thank you

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
My personal favorite El Toro build is two points in relentless, two points in riposte, two points in blade storm.

4 points in damage
4 points in health
4 points in dodge
4 points in agility
1 point in accuracy
(note this is a level 70 toro)

There's lots of good ways to build Toro, he's a great companion all around.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Dead Eye Luke on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
My personal favorite El Toro build is two points in relentless, two points in riposte, two points in blade storm.

4 points in damage
4 points in health
4 points in dodge
4 points in agility
1 point in accuracy

Thats what i used to give but he wasnt very good.

Community Leader
Given that you were level 56, you're probably in Marleybone, which features a lot of musket enemies. Because of Musket's low dodge and high accuracy, Toro's buff isn't very useful. Also, he can't utilize talents like riposte and first strike. Finally, an agility based companion such as Toro isn't likely to get multiple relentless hits or the criticals necessary to get bladestorm chains versus other agility based enemies, such as musketeers. If you want Toro to be more effective in these fights, use your juju buffs to increase his agility, which will allow him to chain more effectively

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
My El Toro has:
First Strike 2
Riposte 2
Relentless 2
He's had these same epics ever since he's joined my crew and he's done me very well in combat.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Matthew525011 on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
Given that you were level 56, you're probably in Marleybone, which features a lot of musket enemies. Because of Musket's low dodge and high accuracy, Toro's buff isn't very useful. Also, he can't utilize talents like riposte and first strike. Finally, an agility based companion such as Toro isn't likely to get multiple relentless hits or the criticals necessary to get bladestorm chains versus other agility based enemies, such as musketeers. If you want Toro to be more effective in these fights, use your juju buffs to increase his agility, which will allow him to chain more effectively
I am in aquila not marleybone and i am level 60.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
gamerman129 on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
My El Toro has:
First Strike 2
Riposte 2
Relentless 2
He's had these same epics ever since he's joined my crew and he's done me very well in combat.
why no bladestorm?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2009
My El Toro build currently has Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Bladestorm 1. In Marleybone, however, I didn't use him very much, especially because he didn't get the chains of epics that he does in other locations. I'd often go for a beefier Buccaneer companion in Marleybone, and then once I got to Aquila, I began using El Toro again.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2009
kingme655 on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
I am in aquila not marleybone and i am level 60.
Ignore the last part of my post. I didn't see your post for some reason.
With the build I currently have, though, El Toro has done fairly successful in combat and will often get many chains of Riposte and Relentless, which allows him to get more dodgy as he dodges and attack more often, causing much higher damage than my other two companions currently.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
kingme655 on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
why no bladestorm?
Personally I just don't like giving Blade Storm to swashbuckler companions. I don't know why, but I just don't.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Dead Eye Luke on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:

4 points in damage
4 points in health
4 points in dodge
4 points in agility
1 point in accuracy

I have the same build but Agility 3, accuracy 2. You could also switch out one point of damage to accuracy instead of agility.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
RebeccaPixieheart on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
My El Toro build currently has Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Bladestorm 1. In Marleybone, however, I didn't use him very much, especially because he didn't get the chains of epics that he does in other locations. I'd often go for a beefier Buccaneer companion in Marleybone, and then once I got to Aquila, I began using El Toro again.
Same