Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Don't want to use certain companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2011
There are some companions I don't particularly care for like Nurse Quinn. I want a crew of pirates, not nurses who kiss your boo-boo. Is there any way to make it so she doesn't appear in fights at all? If not, can we get a feature like that please? Sorry but she's just not my style...

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Nurse Quinn is most likely on the bottom of many peoples' lists. Here is the good thing though. Even though you will always have this slight annoying chance she'll pop up, as you collect more and more companions, the chance that she would show up in a fight becomes even less and less.

Now, I am not exactly sure how low the chance of appearance drops. May even be as low as 0.1%

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
Nurse Quinn is most likely on the bottom of many peoples' lists. Here is the good thing though. Even though you will always have this slight annoying chance she'll pop up, as you collect more and more companions, the chance that she would show up in a fight becomes even less and less.

Now, I am not exactly sure how low the chance of appearance drops. May even be as low as 0.1%
as it becomes less and less though, the chance of your favorite companions showing up also drop

Ensign
May 07, 2011
You are both right. I have Nurse Quinn at less than 1% now. The scary part is she still shows up quite frequently.

Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
You could kill her off and not revive her.

Thats what i did to my Egg Shen, and hes still lvl 1 even when im lvl 50.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2012
Bullet2011 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
You could kill her off and not revive her.

Thats what i did to my Egg Shen, and hes still lvl 1 even when im lvl 50.
then promote him

Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
mario664411 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
then promote him
Never! I need him weak so I can kill him off easily, don't want him in my battles . Of course there's the disadvantage of not doing the promotion quests, but its my choice.

Community Leader
Bullet2011 on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Never! I need him weak so I can kill him off easily, don't want him in my battles . Of course there's the disadvantage of not doing the promotion quests, but its my choice.
Its obviously your choice!
Just thinking however that Egg Shen being one of the initial companions we're given, seems like it would actually be a detriment to not train him, since they should become one of your better companions being offered more epic talents than many other companions we obtain along the way.

But whatever works for ya!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You know Bullet, Egg Shen is an incredibly powerful companion. Not to mention he looks kind of cool.

Over the course of 2 promotions, you can get him 3 additional epics, for a total of 4 epics, and a Critical card. Out of all companions I have up to Haunted Skyway, Egg Shen is one of my top 5 companions. And arguably, one of the best you can have.

I recommend you get him leveled up and promoted. You might be missing out.

And regarding Seasnake's reply, that is absolutely true. The chances of your favorite companions showing up also drop, as you get more and more companions. HOWEVER, as you sift through the super companions and the not so good companions, you will grow an ever increasing group of 'top' companions at the top of your list. For example, out of all companions I have, I have around 10 'super' companions at the top of my list. While chances for my favorites showing up after my first mate have decreased, the chances of having nothing but the 'super' companions show up have INcreased. Even if the 'super' companions that pop up are different each time, I am assured that the companions that did show up are all pretty much the best that I could have gotten.

And again Bullet, I recommend you level up Egg Shen.

Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
To be honest I haven't actually spent a single training point for any of my companions yet. That's because i've been just keeping my top three alive while, not reviving the rest. As i get a new companion, i would just let the last one die and maintain my team of three.

Going back to the original question if you don't want to use certain companions in certain battles, then kill them off and don't revive them before the battle, so they wont have any chance of appearing. This can simply be done by equipping the companion that you don't want as a firstmate, going in a random battle and then try to kill them off while keeping the good ones alive. After your firstmate is killed then you can just flee or whatever. The next battle you enter, your companions will be anyone except the one you just killed, as long as you don't use revive.