Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Different version of Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
I've seen gameplay of pirate101 that has different things then from what I usually see in the game. In the gameplay there is text above the power up list that tells what is going on in battle. When I fight this does not show up. Another thing in the gameplay is that when you attack someone, the blue arrow curves toward the enemy. When I do it, it goes straight toward them. I honestly don't know what's up with that.

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Well the curved arrows were only in closed beta KI changed that before the game went live and if you mean how in the upper left hand corner it would say something like Darcy took 200 damage than that was only in closed beta, as well

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Alexander Percy on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
I've seen gameplay of pirate101 that has different things then from what I usually see in the game. In the gameplay there is text above the power up list that tells what is going on in battle. When I fight this does not show up. Another thing in the gameplay is that when you attack someone, the blue arrow curves toward the enemy. When I do it, it goes straight toward them. I honestly don't know what's up with that.
You might have seen videos of when Pirate101 was in the beta phase. Things were different then so I suspect that would be it.

Administrator
I agree with the other posters here. What you've seen is a video that was most likely released shortly after we lifted the NDA on August 20, 2012. Many things have changed since that time and many more are sure to change in the future!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
I agree with the other posters here. What you've seen is a video that was most likely released shortly after we lifted the NDA on August 20, 2012. Many things have changed since that time and many more are sure to change in the future!
I really liked that notification thing that would appear at the top of the battle screen, showing how much damage the enemy took... Y'all could had done it to where the enemy shout something back at us or our companions saying something to us or to the enemy...To add more dialogue to the battles and to make it more entertaining and add even more depth to the game.

Why did y'all get rid of that feature in Beta? I thought it was great and had potential to be even better (like i said, adding depth to the game and battles) lol

Community Leader
Bloody Belle on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I really liked that notification thing that would appear at the top of the battle screen, showing how much damage the enemy took... Y'all could had done it to where the enemy shout something back at us or our companions saying something to us or to the enemy...To add more dialogue to the battles and to make it more entertaining and add even more depth to the game.

Why did y'all get rid of that feature in Beta? I thought it was great and had potential to be even better (like i said, adding depth to the game and battles) lol
One of the reasons (I think) it was removed, what what I believe was the reason that feature had been added in the first place. I do not believe they intended it to be a feature, that it was at once being used for testers to understand exactly what buffs etc were taking place for troubleshooting purposes. As there was a lot of question as to whether or not buffs, etc were effecting who they should effect.

There was also a bit of discussion as to how this information should be displayed when the game moved forward.

I seem to recall many of us stated at the time, we thought it was useful as it was and didn't want it removed... =P
Now however after the fact, I don't see it as all that helpful, other than taking up screen space.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV