Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deacon Solo Musketeer tips?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Arr me fellow pirates, I need yer help.
I'm stuck on the Deacon battle, the final boss of Cool Ranch. I know that beating the deacon solo will be the hardest with musketeers and usually it is easy with witchdoctors and swashbucklers. Sometimes you wish you were other classes eh?

Any one got any tips? I'm choosing El Toro and Bonnie Anne, both have Relentess/Burst Fire 2 and Bonnie has Overwatch. I'm also choosing Wing Chun, he has relentless 1. Im thinking I should change Wing Chun to Ratbeard. But that also means I have to upgrade Ratbeard to Rat Captain, and he's only a level 28.

What do you guys think I should do? I appreciate all tips. Thanks!

-Humble Timothy Nelson LVL 36

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Actually I thought that Deacon was easiest with musketeers but if you really need help here is what you do. Break the 4 barrels that are to the side not the ones separating you and the armada troops. They will summon strong skeleton warriors that will help you.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Hello! My musketeer has already completed Deacon, and I would use Louis, El Toro, and Duck Holliday, as they were the companions I used. I would try to get as close to Deacon as possible, then unleash your musketeer attacks on him. It's been a while since I did Deacon, so I'm not too sure how I did it. But I think this is a pretty good tip.

Hope this helps!

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 65
-Loyal Zane Bowman Level 50

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for all the tips guys, I defeated Deacon a couple days ago, now I am level 42 in MooShu, and so far it is a living nightmare.

-Humble Timothy Nelson Level 42

Admiral
May 30, 2010
supahgamer00000 on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for all the tips guys, I defeated Deacon a couple days ago, now I am level 42 in MooShu, and so far it is a living nightmare.

-Humble Timothy Nelson Level 42
That difficulty jump into MooShu is a real bear, isn't it? It does get a bit easier, but my poor musketeer was struggling a little in the first few fights. Glad you managed to beat Deacon!

Just so you know, right about the time you start feeling comfy in MooShu you end up in Marleybone with another, not quite as dramatic, spike in difficulty. The shooters are the most annoying; they keep having quick draw and return fire, the beasts!

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
That difficulty jump into MooShu is a real bear, isn't it? It does get a bit easier, but my poor musketeer was struggling a little in the first few fights. Glad you managed to beat Deacon!

Just so you know, right about the time you start feeling comfy in MooShu you end up in Marleybone with another, not quite as dramatic, spike in difficulty. The shooters are the most annoying; they keep having quick draw and return fire, the beasts!
Tell me about it, all those Samoorais, and their critical pool is wicked! Almost every time they attack, it's an epic hit. And also there is just something about those Inoshishi Bandits....

Thanks for letting me know about Marleybone, especially quick draw, man that's gonna be the worst.

(I know we're getting off topic here lol)

Humble Timothy Nelson -Level 43