Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

critical strike vs epics

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
I was wondering if its better to get an epic talent like relentless, burst shot etc over critical strike. For example I just promoted Tricky Vinny and one of the epics i could pick is a critical strike. I just want to know if its better to get the critical strike rather than double tap or one of his other "passive" epics. Thank you for your time.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
For Bonnie Anne I would definatly get Burts Fire and upgrade it as much as possiable, but for your qwn charater... I thnik it would depend on what class/school you are. Right?

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
I would say the epics because then you can get more like for example double tap so if your tricky Vinnie beats someone he can hit another so I would say epics but that's my opinion.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Well... if you get critical strike, that can only be used once per game.

BUT, if you get Burst Fire or Double Tap, that can trigger after every round and cause more damage overall. That being said, you may want to work on his accuracy when you first get him, weather you choose this option or not...

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
bendello on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering if its better to get an epic talent like relentless, burst shot etc over critical strike. For example I just promoted Tricky Vinny and one of the epics i could pick is a critical strike. I just want to know if its better to get the critical strike rather than double tap or one of his other "passive" epics. Thank you for your time.
I'd say it all depends on your battle strategy. Do Musketeers even HAVE critical strikes??? But lately, I've been finding Riposte and First Strike more helpful than the critical strike. (I know that Musketeers don't get Riposte or First Strike, just using that as an example. ) But that's just me.

Rachel - Level 47

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well this is only my humble opinion. A critical strike is a card that can only be used once per fight. A critical can happen often enough just on it's own but an epic can trigger more than once especially if you have it at a higher level. That is why I go the epic route.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Critical Strikes are good as they increase (for some companions) from 1 to 3. Which means the higher the number for the Critical Strike the more damage it will do. The plus is that they are guaranteed to hit. The only down side to them is that they are a Power Card just like your Pirate uses. So you can only use it one time. Burst Fire and Relentless only have a 35% chance of activating per round. BUT there is a positive in the fact that these Epics (or Parting Shot, Overwatch, etc) can be used more than one time per battle.

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I used to wonder the same thing but I have found out epics are better than critical strikes because they can only be used once for the entire match but epics can be reused and besides you score a critical every now and then anyways so what is the point of that one critical strike this is just my opinion though