Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Confusion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
I have a question.

I recently made a witch and put on some gear which gives +12 will. I scroll over damage and its says +0 will boost, shouldn't I get at least +2 since every 5 points gives a damage. Also, when I saw my spell, it only added +1 damage to it. 12 will only adds 1 damage to a damage spell? Is that supposed to be right, or is this all a glitch? very confusing. While you're reading this, does accuracy affect fizzle rate? And finally, what is spell damage based on, since it does more damage than what my spell power stat says?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i think a part of the update before the tower of manchu update altered a few things in game: specifically, in stead of giving 1 damage for every 5 points of will, strength, or agility, it increases your damage by 1%. this makes these stats much less effective early in the game (although it still helps your critical rate) but far more effective later. At least, i think that is the case. go mouse over your will stat in the menu and see if it says what i said.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dom The Pirate on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
I have a question.

I recently made a witch and put on some gear which gives +12 will. I scroll over damage and its says +0 will boost, shouldn't I get at least +2 since every 5 points gives a damage. Also, when I saw my spell, it only added +1 damage to it. 12 will only adds 1 damage to a damage spell? Is that supposed to be right, or is this all a glitch? very confusing. While you're reading this, does accuracy affect fizzle rate? And finally, what is spell damage based on, since it does more damage than what my spell power stat says?
Yes, increasing your accuracy and that of your witchdoctor crew will help with the fizzling.
The damage isn't a set amount either. There is a base amount and it could be a dud hit or a power hit. The hit will be somewhere around the base range, plus it adds on any buffs you may have on you too and the magical resist of the enemy you are hitting will affect your damage numbers too.