Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions can use Life Fountains?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
Yo fellow pirates,

I've been playing for a while. My first pirate, a , has just reached level 25. But just now I was checking the Quick Play guide on the main website of the game for keyboard shortcuts. On that Quick Play guide, it said that when companions are wounded from battle and can't be used until they have healed, you should either use a Mojo Potion or head for a Life Fountain to heal them.

What in the world?! I've never heard of companions being able to heal up using a Life Fountain before! Was I just missing something? Because I can't find ANY way to heal a companion with a Life Fountain at all. Could it be that the Quick Play guide is out-of-date or something?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Paprika2215 on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Yo fellow pirates,

I've been playing for a while. My first pirate, a , has just reached level 25. But just now I was checking the Quick Play guide on the main website of the game for keyboard shortcuts. On that Quick Play guide, it said that when companions are wounded from battle and can't be used until they have healed, you should either use a Mojo Potion or head for a Life Fountain to heal them.

What in the world?! I've never heard of companions being able to heal up using a Life Fountain before! Was I just missing something? Because I can't find ANY way to heal a companion with a Life Fountain at all. Could it be that the Quick Play guide is out-of-date or something?
Quick Play is way out of date ( by more than a year ), and you can't use a mojo potion to heal them, btw.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Originally, companions were able to be healed by Mojo Potions and Life Fountains. In an update a while back, this was changed so that KO'd companions could either be healed after a certain amount of time, woken up with less health, or healed by Miracle Mitch for a rather hefty price.

In other words, it looks like that guide is a little outdated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yo fellow pirates,

Yea the game has been changed since then. I guess the webmaster needs to update that page. Good catch

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Yo fellow pirates,

It's listing the way things worked in the beginning, when mojo potions and life fountains were insta-heals for your injured companions. You're right, it should be updated. On the other hand, your companions can now still fight for you when injured, they're just weaker, so it evens out. And they do heal on their own now, rather than being useless until you have a chance to get back to the life fountain or find enough blue yums to fill your mojo bottles.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
It's listing the way things worked in the beginning, when mojo potions and life fountains were insta-heals for your injured companions. You're right, it should be updated. On the other hand, your companions can now still fight for you when injured, they're just weaker, so it evens out. And they do heal on their own now, rather than being useless until you have a chance to get back to the life fountain or find enough blue yums to fill your mojo bottles.
I'd rather have the life fountains because there's no place that I've been to at least where there isn't a fountain at least SOMEWHERE near there. So it takes so much less time to just find a fountain than it is to wait for your favorite companions to wake up.

Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather have the life fountains because there's no place that I've been to at least where there isn't a fountain at least SOMEWHERE near there. So it takes so much less time to just find a fountain than it is to wait for your favorite companions to wake up.
I totally agree with you on that one! Nearly every island you get to has a Life Fountain somewhere, and waiting for your companions to get better is tedious and annoying.

Same goes for training pets... the training system in Wizard101 is FAR BETTER than this one. At least there you could play a couple of interesting mini-games, as simple as they might've been. I can't wrap my head around why KI graced us with WAITING for pets to grow stronger -- at least in Wizard101 I was under the impression I was actually DOING something. I get why KI decided to go with something different, but they really could've done a better job than this.

...OK, didn't mean to get sidetracked like that. Sorry!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Paprika2215 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree with you on that one! Nearly every island you get to has a Life Fountain somewhere, and waiting for your companions to get better is tedious and annoying.

Same goes for training pets... the training system in Wizard101 is FAR BETTER than this one. At least there you could play a couple of interesting mini-games, as simple as they might've been. I can't wrap my head around why KI graced us with WAITING for pets to grow stronger -- at least in Wizard101 I was under the impression I was actually DOING something. I get why KI decided to go with something different, but they really could've done a better job than this.

Actually, I find it hard to make myself go back and try to train pets when in Wizard. It fritters away precious playing time doing the same boring maze or dance thing over and over and over again for precious little gain.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Paprika2215 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:

We can train while we're questing or doing other activities - we can train more than one pet at a time, our pets can join us in battle while training. There are the three reasons Pirate101 pet system is better than wizard! ( I can't believe anyone would prefer W101 training system )

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Simple problem, simple solution: KO'd companions take to long to heal? Then don't let them get KO'd.

Alright, alright, I know its not as simple as all that. I'm sure your not TRYING to get your crew hurt. but if you are at a point in the game where you continuously lose companions, then there are a variety of things that YOU can change, rather than things that KI should Change.

-For starters, make sure your companions are adequately leveled and trained in a way that best suits your play style. In other words, make sure your crew is on par with your foes.

-Make sure that YOU are on par with your foes! if your best powers are at the back of your roster, then you will struggle to have the damage output or support that you should have. Additionally, make sure you're well equipped. going into Aquila with gear from Mooshu will not end well.

-Don't be picky with companions. A lot of people I see get stuck in a rut of using the same 3 companions each fight. yeah, its true, we all probably have that dream team of companions, but its better to keep an open roster in case you do lose some.

-Make sure the strategy you use is effective. I'm not going to say that the AI in P101 is infallible, (there are often some derpy moments, especially with pets and doubloon summons) but it is certainly credible. if you overextend yourself or play too aggressively, something i am often guilty of, then you may finish the fight faster but you also run a higher risk of losing companions.

So there. That is pretty much everything I have to say. Pirate101 is not a super hard game, as long as you consider your moves carefully you should be fine.