Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
Which companions are able to have more than one rank in farming talents (pet wrangling, scavenger, officer ...)? thanks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lavish Luis on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Which companions are able to have more than one rank in farming talents (pet wrangling, scavenger, officer ...)? thanks
I believe they all can have more than one rank in any farming talent, you just have to be willing to spend the points on that rather than combat talents.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Lavish Luis on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello there, uh....fellow marauder and welcome to the message boards-- quite an interesting username you have there!

Here's a thread from P101 Central that may help you find what you are looking for...just click on the words- Link Here!

Although I may have to update it a bit due to possible changes. Hope you enjoy your time spent here on the boards and again welcome! Say it...don't spray it!

Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
Thanks so much Valkoor! That was exactly what I was looking for. I have pirate who just hit 65 and I figured I'd go back and reset companion talents. Now I know which classes are best for getting more gold, items and pet stuff! Love this game!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Lavish Luis on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Thanks so much Valkoor! That was exactly what I was looking for. I have pirate who just hit 65 and I figured I'd go back and reset companion talents. Now I know which classes are best for getting more gold, items and pet stuff! Love this game!
You are quite welcome Luis- glad to help!

I reset my companions right after advanced companions and actually spent a lot of gold and time resetting them over and over again, once I figured out which classes specialized in which tasks. I figured that if I was going to have a couple pages of crew out collecting from tasks, I may as well have them working for their captain at optimum efficiency. Plus if they weren't going to be joining me in battle, it wouldn't hurt to miss out on some of the other talents. If I ever decide to get them back into the battle mix, I'll reset them and assign them some more important talents-- after all gold is incredibly easy to come by these days.

But until then, my trusty wranglers, plunderers and scavengers will be performing their tasks at their absolute bests. At least I think so, I mean who knows what they really are up to when out on a task....I don't even want to imagine!

And, you betcha-- it's an easy game to love, that's for sure! And I noticed a new username for you too...thanks for clearing the air.

Smooth sailing to you Lavish Luis!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello there, uh....fellow marauder and welcome to the message boards-- quite an interesting username you have there!

Here's a thread from P101 Central that may help you find what you are looking for...just click on the words- Link Here!

Although I may have to update it a bit due to possible changes. Hope you enjoy your time spent here on the boards and again welcome! Say it...don't spray it!
Hi Valkoor.

I think that there might be some changes you want to include to that list. I just noticed these changes recently when I went to reset a few companions.

The main order talent that a Companion can use is now listed first An example is Nurse Quinn. Her main talent that I can use with orders is Scavenger since she is a Witchdoctor and it is listed first in the List of Talents. Now Old Scratch is also a Witchdoctor but apparently he can have a Rank 2 of Pet Wrangling. Also, most Privateers seem to have Officer as a main talent for orders now. I also set them to use Pet Wrangling since, at the moment, I don't use their Officer talent very much. Ghost Singer and Emmett (called Lieutenant Emmett before his promotion) can also have Pet Wrangler Rank 2 along with Officer Rank 2. Not sure about Rank 3 since I haven't gotten them that high yet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Helpful Pirate on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Hi Valkoor.

I think that there might be some changes you want to include to that list. I just noticed these changes recently when I went to reset a few companions.

The main order talent that a Companion can use is now listed first An example is Nurse Quinn. Her main talent that I can use with orders is Scavenger since she is a Witchdoctor and it is listed first in the List of Talents. Now Old Scratch is also a Witchdoctor but apparently he can have a Rank 2 of Pet Wrangling. Also, most Privateers seem to have Officer as a main talent for orders now. I also set them to use Pet Wrangling since, at the moment, I don't use their Officer talent very much. Ghost Singer and Emmett (called Lieutenant Emmett before his promotion) can also have Pet Wrangler Rank 2 along with Officer Rank 2. Not sure about Rank 3 since I haven't gotten them that high yet.
Thank you Helpful Pirate!

Yeah, I knew that there were some changes that I had to make on that thread. That was done as soon as Advanced Companions came out and recently I too noticed that some changes needed to be made. I'm not sure but I think most companions can now train in Rank 2 of Pet Wrangler and like you noted, which I missed, I think Privateers now specialize in the Officer talent. At the time, I think only Privateers could train in Pet Wrangler Rank 2 and all companions could train in only one Rank of Officer...but again, that was quite a while ago. At the time I did test all of the classes with all of the companion tasks and those findings are what I originally posted. All of my companions are maxed and I know that all of my 'permanently' assigned WDs have Scavenger Rank 3, all of my SBs have Plunderer Rank 3, all of my Privy's have Pet Wrangler Rank 2. And I have not made any changes to any of them in quite a while. So there may be some changes I need to account for, but those classes should still be seeing the same benefits from those Ranks.

So, I will make it a point to go in game and re-test all of the talents and rankings to make sure they are correct and up to date with any recent changes.

Thank you.