Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion issue

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 17, 2013
Hello! I've been meaning to bring this issue up but never got around to doing it.

I've been having issues with my main companions (fan flanders, sarah steele, and el toro) on my max swashbuckler. Everytime I try to do a battle with her I don't get some of those companions?? For example I'll try to do a battle with said companions and instead of Sarah and Fan, I get Gaspard de Vole and Ratbeard or other companions instead when I don't even use them. Can this issue be fixed somehow?? It's been going on for at least 2 years and the first time it happened I thought it'd go away the next day but it didn't.

I'd be really sad if it can't, because I've had this character for so longer and grown to attached to her so it'd be disappointing if I have to replace her with a new character.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rpschools on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
Hello! I've been meaning to bring this issue up but never got around to doing it.

I've been having issues with my main companions (fan flanders, sarah steele, and el toro) on my max swashbuckler. Everytime I try to do a battle with her I don't get some of those companions?? For example I'll try to do a battle with said companions and instead of Sarah and Fan, I get Gaspard de Vole and Ratbeard or other companions instead when I don't even use them. Can this issue be fixed somehow?? It's been going on for at least 2 years and the first time it happened I thought it'd go away the next day but it didn't.

I'd be really sad if it can't, because I've had this character for so longer and grown to attached to her so it'd be disappointing if I have to replace her with a new character.
Welcome to the message boards, rpschools! What do you have your companion order set on? Do you have it set on Random?
Go into your options page and find the game play options for companion order - you have the choice of "In Order" (Which I think is what you want) to get certain specific companions. Or choose "First Mate" (only that companion that you choose as first mate shows up every time ) or "Random" and then anyone will show up.
Good Luck!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

Check your settings to see what you have set for followers, First Mate, In Order, or Random.
If you have it set to First Mate, that means your first mate will always join you, and the rest of your companions will be chosen randomly.
In Order, set the companions to join the battle in the order listed on your companion page.
Random, sets the companions to join in a random order.

If selected companions aren't showing up for special battle that let you specifically choose your companions, then that seems like a real issue for KI to help you with.

Community Leader

I know the advanced companions update has been around for longer than how long you've been experiencing this issue, but have you got your combat unit selection option under "Advanced Game Play" in settings set to "In order" vs "Random"?

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Ensign
Jan 17, 2013
Omg, it worked! Thank you all, definitely a huge sigh of relief.