Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Combat with friends

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 17, 2013
I play with a group of three people me and two friends but we can never get all three of us in a battle. Is this common or are we doing something wrong? We wanted to all play and quest together but only two of us getting into battle at one time kind of ruins it for us.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DarkRaven0523 on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
I play with a group of three people me and two friends but we can never get all three of us in a battle. Is this common or are we doing something wrong? We wanted to all play and quest together but only two of us getting into battle at one time kind of ruins it for us.
Have those friends who are lagging behind "port" to you to join your battles, they can even do this in dungeons ( only exceptions are Moo Tower and Dreadnaught ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This seems to happen when someone is far behind getting to the fight. There can be several reasons for it. Sometimes one player gets a pop up message from the enemy, but the other players already did the dungeon and heard it already, so only the first timer gets it, adding to time before they can enter. Maybe they stopped to loot a chest or change crew. If one player has a fast connection and new computer and another a slow dial up and old computer, it could be lagging. When you see everyone run into the fight at once, the other person might see the others all running ahead. You could see yourself run in the fight first, while they see themselves run ahead of you. With players potentially hundreds of miles apart IRL, and hundreds of miles closer and further from K I, doing something at the same time in game is a bit relative. If you can figure out a specific player is usually lagging behind that way, solution might be to wait till they run in the fight, then join it.
However it is happening, I've noticed that when you go in a fight, not all of your crew is with you from the start every time. I think the game tends to put your first mate and sometimes another crewmate in with you quick, but hesitates to add more until it sees how many pirates are joining the fight. If they don't join, then you get a full 4 crew. Maybe the fight is getting filled up by max number of crew before your friend gets to join.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How's it going? Are you getting in battle with friends now? Was one of the suggestions helpful? I think many people have this kind of issue starting out. I know I did at times. When pirating with friends who are using same wifi, we let the one with the slowest connection lead.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I think they disabled late entries (past two rounds, I think) because a lot of players were joining fights close to the end, letting the existing pirate there take out the new enemy while they hid in the corner. Not very nice, considering that that extra enemy could result in a companion biting the dust.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Not just companions were defeated after late joiners. I've seen pirates get defeated that way too. I've been in fights where I was almost done, then one joined with a new enemy, then almost done, another joined, and then again. If lucky, someone healed me. I didn't know the 3rd round was too late to join, but it would explain some fights I tried to join to help and heal, with lots of enemy there, but didn't let me in.