Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Colors when attacking

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I am sorry if this was asked before, I could not find a topic.
What do the colors mean when you are attacking?
White, yellow and red Seems I can hit for same damage and get all 3 colors. Lets say I do damage of 95 my Pirate hits gets the white, companion hits 95 and gets red. I can hit again get 95 and get yellow. I guess my question is what is the difference between all 3 colors of damage?

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
I know white means critical, but I would REALLY like to know the difference between read and yellow.

I thought it might be physical vs. magical damage but Bonnie Anne keeps proving me wrong. Please tell us!

Administrator
The general rule is as follows:
  • Red is physical damage.
  • Yellow is magical damage.
  • White is critical damage.

Keep in mind that guns in Pirate101 are sparkshooters and thus deal magical damage; however, some Musketeer powers are marked as dealing physical damage. If there is some glaring oversight of damage categorization, let me know!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Knowing whether your enemies use physical or magical attacks can help you choose what gear to wear against them:

Red / Physical damage is reduced by Armor (Shield symbol)

Yellow / Magical damage is reduced by Resistance (Skull symbol)

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
Thank you so much! I've been watching this the past week or so and have seen Bonnie Anne deal the occasional red damage, so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
The general rule is as follows:
  • Red is physical damage.
  • Yellow is magical damage.
  • White is critical damage.

Keep in mind that guns in Pirate101 are sparkshooters and thus deal magical damage; however, some Musketeer powers are marked as dealing physical damage. If there is some glaring oversight of damage categorization, let me know!
I will keep watching now . I kept thinking white was regular damage.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"