Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Circles under Companions in Combat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 30, 2009
Hi there fellow pirates. I was just wondering if someone with more experience with the game could answer a question for me. In combat my companions have these greyish/white circles under them and I find them extremely distracting, they tend to grab the attention of my eyes constantly. Does anyone know if there is an option to disable these circles? Thank you in advance for any insight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dalicon on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
Hi there fellow pirates. I was just wondering if someone with more experience with the game could answer a question for me. In combat my companions have these greyish/white circles under them and I find them extremely distracting, they tend to grab the attention of my eyes constantly. Does anyone know if there is an option to disable these circles? Thank you in advance for any insight.
There is no option to disable the circles.
They are there for a reason, sometimes we're fighting enemies that look like our companions ( ex: Amber Horse Raiders look like Subodai ) with a quick glance we can tell which is friendly and which are enemy. And which are our companions as opposed to a team mate's companions.
Also, there are banners in this game that give boosts to companions/pets - a glowing circle indicates that the boost is active: without the circle, you wouldn't be able to tell it's working.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Dalicon on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
Are you using a Standard? If so, those circles indicate the companion is receiving a bonus.

Ensign
Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the replies. I was talking about the more faded circles specifically under companions, the banner ones don't seem to have the same distracting effect. That's unfortunate that there isn't an option to disable them, I typically haven't had any issue yet with not being able to tell my companions apart from enemies. It also seems weird that my pirate and pet don't have the circles if it was specifically for team clarity. I do hope that they can add an option down the road to disable them for individual people in the options menu since it must be helpful for people that do have trouble telling units apart but for people like myself it is just very distracting.

I don't think it's really a necessity for everyone to have this enabled because during turn selection you can't see the circles anyways since you have the board layout displayed and it's very simple to determine where your companions are based on your current team colour and simply clicking on their icon. I find myself constantly missing the fun combat animations because my eyes are constantly being drawn down to the circles, a weird issue I'm sure but it's something I've noticed for myself consistently.

Oh wells :) Thanks again for the replies guys. I'm going to send in a ticket as a suggestion just to put it in KI's heads for something they might put an option in for down the road for crazy people like myself. Good sailing to you in the Spiral ;)