Chat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 05, 2011
1
ok i recently turned 13 and i still can't turn on my 13+ chat can you please help me all i see is ... and i have no other way to chat with my friends plz tell me how to enable it i been playing for a long time now

Administrator
methunder on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
ok i recently turned 13 and i still can't turn on my 13+ chat can you please help me all i see is ... and i have no other way to chat with my friends plz tell me how to enable it i been playing for a long time now
If you are unable to use the chat function, it is possible that your account does not have Text Chat enabled. Accounts set up as over 13 players are able to use the Text Chat.

If you have an account that is over 13 and still cannot chat you might need to enable the feature. To enable you must login to Pirate101.com and select "My Accounts". Under the "Account Management" section login to your parental controls and click on the 'enable' button located next to the 'filtered text' option.

Text Chat for players with under 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a Membership or Crowns with a valid credit card.

If you're still having issues, please contact Customer Support using the "Ask a Question" button on the Help & Support page.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
160
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
If you are unable to use the chat function, it is possible that your account does not have Text Chat enabled. Accounts set up as over 13 players are able to use the Text Chat.

If you have an account that is over 13 and still cannot chat you might need to enable the feature. To enable you must login to Pirate101.com and select "My Accounts". Under the "Account Management" section login to your parental controls and click on the 'enable' button located next to the 'filtered text' option.

Text Chat for players with under 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a Membership or Crowns with a valid credit card.

If you're still having issues, please contact Customer Support using the "Ask a Question" button on the Help & Support page.
I have been having a similar problem, Jack. My parents cannot access their parent account because they forgot their username and passcode, so we cannot change the settings. The email we used to create that account got shutdown, and because that email account got shutdown we can't get the emails from KingsIsle that help us reset the username and passcode! What should I do?

Administrator
DrParrot on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
I have been having a similar problem, Jack. My parents cannot access their parent account because they forgot their username and passcode, so we cannot change the settings. The email we used to create that account got shutdown, and because that email account got shutdown we can't get the emails from KingsIsle that help us reset the username and passcode! What should I do?
Hi! Please contact support@pirate101.com and they'll be able to assist you with advanced password recovery through a series of questions to verify ownership of the Master Account.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
Yeah, I've sort of been having the same problem. The e-mail associated with this account isn't my real e-mail, and I already e-mailed support. Is there any way to change it?