Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Changing ships hull size UGH

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2011
I and lv 15 in game right now and i have light hull size, i would like to go to medium now that i have a bigger boat but i have not found any USEFUL info in the help pages yet about how do go and do that UGH. My N Lv is 4 and i think is would be rather helpful if you could get a guide on this ONLY in the players guide so it is faster to look up then to coming here and scroll threw a ton of posts that do not answer any of my question on this topic :) HELP plez lol ty ty ty

Ensign
Sep 13, 2011
Hull sizes are intrinsic to the ship, so in order to change hull size, you have to get a new ship.

At level 12, I went to Scrimshaw and bought the Galleon. It's a heavy hull, and with add-ons it served me well until I got to Cool Ranch. Given that you are level 15, I would highly recommend purchasing a new ship, either from a ship vendor or the crowns shop. If you are close to finishing the Monquista section, though, you might want to wait until Cool Ranch and upgrade there, so it will become necessary there too. Just as upgrades become possible for us, the ships we face become considerably tougher as well (which is to be expected), so each new world pushes our needs further.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Scarlet2oo4 on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
I and lv 15 in game right now and i have light hull size, i would like to go to medium now that i have a bigger boat but i have not found any USEFUL info in the help pages yet about how do go and do that UGH. My N Lv is 4 and i think is would be rather helpful if you could get a guide on this ONLY in the players guide so it is faster to look up then to coming here and scroll threw a ton of posts that do not answer any of my question on this topic :) HELP plez lol ty ty ty
Ship equipment is based on your nautical level. In order to equip the stronger ship equipment you need to be a higher nautical level. See about doing some broadside battles to increase your nautical level and look at the equipment you want to use so that you know how much you need to increase your current level. Most items need at least nautical level 5 or 8. As you move higher in the game you will need to increase that to level 12, 16, 24, etc.