Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Changes to gear in the future?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
This is a question mainly for Ratbeard, or anyone else who works with the equipment. Will there ever be changes so special gear becomes DOWN graded into lower tiers?

let me give an example:
this is in Wizard101
Celestia was the latest world, all of the 58+ gear was no auction
once zafaria came out, all the 58+ no auction gear, lost their NO auction status,

will we be seeing some changes like this as the game continues?

Developer
There were a couple of changes to gear with the last update mainly due to the way that Marleybone and Aquila split along the usual 5- or 10- level increments. I'd like to avoid that again!

I have no plans to change existing items. I do have some changes planned moving forward, which may include:

1. Fewer items with powers from other classes
  2. More items with higher level powers
  3. More items with brand new powers
  4. Places to farm for "rare" gear variants that are auctionable (most right now is no auction)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
There were a couple of changes to gear with the last update mainly due to the way that Marleybone and Aquila split along the usual 5- or 10- level increments. I'd like to avoid that again!

I have no plans to change existing items. I do have some changes planned moving forward, which may include:

4. Places to farm for "rare" gear variants that are auctionable (most right now is no auction)
I do love how you think. Thanks so much for sharing a glimpse of some goodies to come.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:

Just wondering on your NEW powers statement. Are the powers going to be brand new like "wow never seen that power before"? Or are you leaning toward existing unavailable powers that will become available for the pirate? Example: a robe that gives Gracie Conrad's mine trap.