how rare are captain blood items, does anyone know a percentage or an estimate of it?
(i have found out about a post very similar to this one and my question has been answered in it)
Lots of people ask about Captain Blood items because they seek out Captain Blood's Jacket. Well, to do the math for you, it's simple. Captain Blood drops 5 (yes five) pieces of boss gear unique to him. The things that Captain Blood drops that are unique to him are listed below:
1. Captain Blood's Hat- Grants 6 Magic Resist and gives you Cadaver's Chanty.
2. Captain Blood's Jacket- The best robe in the game. Gives you 8 Strength, 8 Will, and 28 Magic Resist. It also grants you Blood Flames, which let you summon 5 ghost flames that deal massive damage. PVE only!
3. Captain Blood's Boots- Grants 7 dodge and 5 armor and gives you Mutineer's Grasp.
4. Captain Blood's Hook- 135 weapon damage and gives you the Repel Borders epic. Slashy weapon.
5. Captain Blood's Reaver- Your typical slashy weapon that gives you 126 weapon damage. It looks the same as the hook, but this weapon just comes with the sword. You don't get the hook hand from the Reaver, only the sword.
So my point is, do you see why the Jacket has such a low drop rate? It's not because it's "Overpowered" or anything. It has the same drop rate as Blood's other unique drops, but when you defeat Blood, 2 dice are rolled by the game. The first dice roll decides if you got a Captain Blood drop from that battle. If the game decides you got a Captain Blood drop, then the second dice is rolled. The second dice decides which piece of Blood's gear to give you, let it be the Hat, Jacket, Boots, Hook, or Reaver. You just have to get lucky for the game to decide to give you the Jacket. I have my Jacket, but it took me 3 years to get mine as a drop from good old Captain Blood. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck farming for the Jacket and if you need a farming buddy, I am here to help!