Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can you report people for bothering you?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Ahoy One-eyed Jack!
I need to ask you, is it okay if I report people for bothering me? Because someone asked me for help and I said no, then he said aye. But then immediately he said "Help!" and I responded by saying "Sorry". Then he said aye like 17 more times, and then I said "Okay!" Then he kept saying aye (and Nay like one time) then I said "Stop bothering me!" then he said "Nay" and kept saying "Aye". Then after a while I said "Stop that!" Then he said "Nay" and then said "Aye" a lot of more times. I wanted to ask you if it was okay if I reported him. Is it?

Captain
May 13, 2011
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy One-eyed Jack!
I need to ask you, is it okay if I report people for bothering me? Because someone asked me for help and I said no, then he said aye. But then immediately he said "Help!" and I responded by saying "Sorry". Then he said aye like 17 more times, and then I said "Okay!" Then he kept saying aye (and Nay like one time) then I said "Stop bothering me!" then he said "Nay" and kept saying "Aye". Then after a while I said "Stop that!" Then he said "Nay" and then said "Aye" a lot of more times. I wanted to ask you if it was okay if I reported him. Is it?
you cant report someone for being rude. what you CAN do is ignore him and go on with what you were doing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ahoy One-eyed Jack!
I for one highly recommend the Ignore button for that little scallywag.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I'm not sure about reporting, then again I guess it is spamming. However, I usually just click the ignore button for that player.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Ahoy One-eyed Jack!
Ahoy, friend! I'm not One-Eyed Jack, but I know this from experience: You can't validly get a player banned for simply annoying you, and thus you shouldn't report them for it. If it was, everyone would end up getting banned, in my opinion. That's for another day, though...what you can do, if that player continues to bug you, is to open their player profile (click on them or their name) and press the red "Ignore" button near the bottom of the box. This way, you can't hear what they say. Unless the player is trying to scam you or find out your personal information (etc), then you shouldn't be reporting them.

Hope this clears things up and makes your sailing smoother. Fair winds!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
That is annoying, but I don't believe it violates the terms of conditions, so you would be falsely reporting to turn him in to KI. What you can do is simply put him on your ignore list. Then you will no longer see his texts. Problem solved.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I'm not sure that bothering a person is a reportable offense (in real life, it could be stalking). One way to take care of the problem is to click on their name in the Chat Window or click on the Pirate bothering you (this brings up the window for that specific Pirate). In that window, you can click 'ignore' and, until you un-ignore that person, you will never hear from him again no matter how many times he tries to talk to you, either using normal chat, menu chat, or text chat. You didn't mention if you had Friended him or not. If you did, you could unFriend him (I would - in addition to ignore). However, this only stops him from using text chat. He could still use Regular or Menu Chat.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Well, I was basically asking because I already did ! Hopefully I don't get banned! Also, for now on I will ignore them, (I knew how to ignore someone, I just thought they should have been reported.)

Please don't ban me One-eyed Jack! For now on I will ignore them.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Well, I was basically asking because I already did ! Hopefully I don't get banned! Also, for now on I will ignore them, (I knew how to ignore someone, I just thought they should have been reported.)

Please don't ban me One-eyed Jack! For now on I will ignore them.
I doubt very seriously if you would get banned even if you were reported unless you did something that would get you banned. It is my understanding that anytime a person is reported for any reason, they review the text log that they keep to see if a report was needed and what action, if any, they should take. If someone reports people for no reason (no reportable reason), they also make a note of that in the person's file and, if there are too many reports like that, they take appropriate action (ie reducing or eliminating chat for that person, time out from the game, etc.).