Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can a level 70 ship help lower level players in ship battles?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 15, 2022
I've noticed my Aquila heavy galleon ship isn't given the option to fire when helping smaller ships fight battles. I get fired upon by the ship we're fighting, but it doesn't do any damage, and I can't fire until after the smaller ship has depleted the ship by half (it seems). Is this a thing?

The kid I was helping kept calling me a troll. He said everyone else can help him but me, but this has happened to me every time I try to help someone at a much lower level.

Thx!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have never experienced what you are describing, either as the high level ship, or the low. It seems very odd. Where were you and which ships were you sinking with this other player?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
AnaisNon on Sep 14, 2022 wrote:
I've noticed my Aquila heavy galleon ship isn't given the option to fire when helping smaller ships fight battles. I get fired upon by the ship we're fighting, but it doesn't do any damage, and I can't fire until after the smaller ship has depleted the ship by half (it seems). Is this a thing?

The kid I was helping kept calling me a troll. He said everyone else can help him but me, but this has happened to me every time I try to help someone at a much lower level.

Thx!
You can target and hit any ship, regardless of your level. However, if your nautical level is significantly higher than that of the ship you're trying to hit, you won't automatically target the ship, you'll have to manually target them. There are two ways to do this: first, left-click on the ship you want to fire on. This is by far the easiest way. The second way is to use one of the bracket keys to cycle through all the nearby ships. The brackets are [ and ] in case you're wondering. Personally I use a bit of both, but do what works for you. One thing to note, if you're too high a level, you'll only get 1 Nautical XP from the fight once the ship has been sunk. Hope this helps you!