Bumbaloons too hard!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
9
The bumbaloons are way to hard it is impossible to solo plz lower there life

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Caleb Nightingale on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
The bumbaloons are way to hard it is impossible to solo plz lower there life
One-Eyed Jack gives us some wonderful advice in the May Newsletter and if you follow it I guarantee you will have an easier time. I re read it each time I am up against them and I have no problems. It also helps to hold on those fights until you get the one for the striped ones for Brother Wolf. By then you are a bit stronger and it goes easier.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
if somethings too hard, maybe your not doing it right. i wouldnt go head on against a bull in real life

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
These creatures are though to beat,even for my Buccaneer. Here are some tips, try side questing this could help your pirate level up and equip armor boost and/or health boost for defense,for attack try damage boost. Try learning the healing power from the privateer class,Gunnery skill helps also.If another class try the Buccaneer power boost for additional damage power, if your pirate is a close combat type.For long range type try useing special shoot skills from the Musketeer class,these could damage two or more of these mighty creatures. This is how I have over come the toughest creature so far, i came across with in the game. Good luck, on your quest.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
They are a challenge. You do have to think about your tactics, rather than depend on the old faithful routine that might normally work well. Do read the tips Chrissy linked to above; the monocular-visioned lepus's advice is solid. Unless he is giving you a tip on a horse race, in which case it is better to ignore him.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Indigo Ring on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
They are a challenge. You do have to think about your tactics, rather than depend on the old faithful routine that might normally work well. Do read the tips Chrissy linked to above; the monocular-visioned lepus's advice is solid. Unless he is giving you a tip on a horse race, in which case it is better to ignore him.

-Indigo
Indigo, you crack me up. Truly funny and great word usage. Thank you for the much needed giggle. Such wise advice lol.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
9
Thx guys for the advice, and i finally did it!

Malcolm Nightingale lvl 29

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Caleb Nightingale on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
Thx guys for the advice, and i finally did it!

Malcolm Nightingale lvl 29
Congratulations for a job well done.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
34
Another trick you can also use is a companion with First Strike 2. The Bumbaloons have Vengance Strike 2, so this ensures you up to 2 extra hits whenever you attack. Sky Snake works well for me, but I think he's witchdoctor only.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
One-Eyed Jack gives us some wonderful advice in the May Newsletter and if you follow it I guarantee you will have an easier time. I re read it each time I am up against them and I have no problems. It also helps to hold on those fights until you get the one for the striped ones for Brother Wolf. By then you are a bit stronger and it goes easier.
um crissy the bumbaloons are the striped ones and the buffaloons are the plain ones ...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Kronosroses on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
um crissy the bumbaloons are the striped ones and the buffaloons are the plain ones ...
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I got a bit carried away with my suggestions and gave one that didn't quite fit. Thanks.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
183
Caleb Nightingale on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
The bumbaloons are way to hard it is impossible to solo plz lower there life
These Bumbaloons also came up as a large determent, they were not easy. Although, that quest is long gone for me. I can help you.