Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bought Companions and Skill points

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
If I buy several companions from the crown shop will it cause me to run short of skill points? Would be nice with each purchase to get an extra sleep token to put an old companion to sleep.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Companion points are only used up on the companion you use them on

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Yeah that's a good idea because you barely get sleep tokens

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I think what your are referring to is Companion Training Points (not Skill Points) and yes, you could run short of the Training Points. I've read about a number of people complaining about the high cost of Training Points as you get higher up. Also, another point to consider before buying Companions is that bought Companions may not be able to be promoted like the story line Companions (Epic Talents primarily). So be sure you really want the Companion when you buy.

A guide I've used for Companion promotions can be found at http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?15615-Illustrated-Guide-to-Companion-Promotions. I don't know how up to date the guide is but, I haven't found any errors yet.
I like your idea of getting an extra sleep token for Companion purchases from the Crown Shop. Maybe, instead of for each purchase, it could be for every 4 purchases and any Companion that is necessary for the story line would not be able to be benched.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks for the info and the link. Huge help