Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Book 13 Chapter 33

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 29, 2015
Hello, I'm pretty new to the messageboards. I apologize if this thread was put into the wrong place, and there was a more specific place for my question, but here goes nothing. Ever since joining Pirate101 and getting to Marleybone for the first time, I noticed that the quest "The Thin Orange Line" is pretty much the last time we gain thousands of xp before getting near the final parts of chapter 33, (well before the Rooke battle and releasing Catbeard.) There's this small quest-line in between completing the Armada Landing Craft, and battling Rooke. It's the quests, "Marleybone Steel" through "Anarchy in the MB." I noticed a significant drop in XP while doing these quests. Probably the max amount of XP we earn from one quest is 350. (min is around 75..) It's called "Golem Gee". I've always wondered, why don't we get at least around 700-1000 XP from these quests? Is it because they're short? Is it because of getting so much XP from doing the spokes? I feel like the answer to this is quite obvious.. Seeing that I haven't seen many with the same question about this chapter. Thanks.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I suspect it has something to do with keeping you balanced for the areas you are in Level wise. The end of Marleybone used to be the end of game content, and where you'd be hitting a level cap. If you only did the main quests, the numbers probably added up to make you max level. Side quests, now, can raise you higher level making you more powerful than the combat at the end of Marleybone expects you to be, but that had not been the case in the past. A couple more worlds were added after Marleybone and the level cap raised. XP that would have been lost at the old level cap is not lost because the cap is higher, now.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! Long time player here and there is actually a reason for this. Ya see, back when the MB and AQ update came out the Marleybone quests didn't include the war golem questline. In fact, the war golem questline was its own separate entity and was a side quest. It was added to the main questline to show the societal chaos in marleybone and also to pad out the run time of marleybone as a whole. But the original questline already had enough xp to get the player to the normal end of marleybone level, so adding new quests that gave normal xp would over level the player and thus make progressing too easy. So, the xp given by the war golem quests had to be lowered.

In regards to Calamity Finch's comment:
Just to point something out, Marleybone and Aquila both came out at the same time. I'm not trying to be rude, I just wouldn't want misinformation to be spread around.

See you in the spiral,
Alex the Pirate

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
I suspect it has something to do with keeping you balanced for the areas you are in Level wise. The end of Marleybone used to be the end of game content, and where you'd be hitting a level cap. If you only did the main quests, the numbers probably added up to make you max level. Side quests, now, can raise you higher level making you more powerful than the combat at the end of Marleybone expects you to be, but that had not been the case in the past. A couple more worlds were added after Marleybone and the level cap raised. XP that would have been lost at the old level cap is not lost because the cap is higher, now.
Marleybone was never an "end of content" world. Marleybone had came paired with Aquila. During that update, Aquila was the "end of content" during that period of time.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009