Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bonnie Promotion Mystery

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
In Bonnie's first promotion (The Gal with the Golden Gun), after we find the Scaramanga gun that belonged to Ol' Fish Eye's old friend, Adolphus in Corsairs Cove, we head back to Skull Island to Remington's Steel, we talk to Harman Barne. He says to repair it for anyone else he would charge a steep price for this but will fix it for the debt he owes her. What was this debt/favor?

Ensign
Aug 26, 2009
to me the real mystery is that there is clearly a Scaramanga right in front of Ol'Fish Eye on the window ledge bu he still sends us all over the place to find another one ...

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Old pirating things... not much to it. There are a thousand "debts" the game doesn't explain.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mugustuster on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
to me the real mystery is that there is clearly a Scaramanga right in front of Ol'Fish Eye on the window ledge bu he still sends us all over the place to find another one ...
And why should he give it to you - go get your own, young pirate!!!!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
It should be noted that this is a change from the original promotion quest, in which is was Lucius Fox, Bonnie's father, who does the upgrade and does not charge because he is doing it for his daughter.

The change meant they could not charge, and attributed the favor to the payment of an unnamed old debt.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
It should be noted that this is a change from the original promotion quest, in which is was Lucius Fox, Bonnie's father, who does the upgrade and does not charge because he is doing it for his daughter.

The change meant they could not charge, and attributed the favor to the payment of an unnamed old debt.
Excuse me, but I read that old post in Blind Mew's Musings and he says that there is a relationship, but he's NOT her father.
Lucius used to say "... seeing how it's for Bonnie Anne, there'll be no charge." He doesn't say "For my daughter there's no charge."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Squalltamer on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
In Bonnie's first promotion (The Gal with the Golden Gun), after we find the Scaramanga gun that belonged to Ol' Fish Eye's old friend, Adolphus in Corsairs Cove, we head back to Skull Island to Remington's Steel, we talk to Harman Barne. He says to repair it for anyone else he would charge a steep price for this but will fix it for the debt he owes her. What was this debt/favor?
I don't believe there is any need for an explanation: I think this simply gives a sense of history to the characters in the Pirate101 story.

We come to Skull Island as a refugee, a stranger, into a community where others already exist. Bonnie Anne is already well known, and seems to be especially well-liked and trusted. Adolphus helps render that unstated history by his statement that he owes her a debt. Since we quickly learn that Bonnie Anne is both competent and honorable, it makes sense that others would have already experienced that for themselves... and in this case at least, Bonnie Anne's virtuous character evinced in her past is rewarded.

As for Lucius Fox, I think he is far too young to be Bonnie's father... but he definitely is fond of her (more unstated history!)

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Excuse me, but I read that old post in Blind Mew's Musings and he says that there is a relationship, but he's NOT her father.
Lucius used to say "... seeing how it's for Bonnie Anne, there'll be no charge." He doesn't say "For my daughter there's no charge."
I got the very strong impression, in ALL of Bonnie's promotion quests, that he WAS her father, especially in the promotion quest in Marleybone when she has to go against her own brother. Julius expressed is disappointment in him.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Squalltamer on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
just wait until you get to flotsam and deal with one eyed jack whose lines end with
"don't worry, i'll get to that favor later!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
I got the very strong impression, in ALL of Bonnie's promotion quests, that he WAS her father, especially in the promotion quest in Marleybone when she has to go against her own brother. Julius expressed is disappointment in him.
Strong impression is not the same as fact; if you want proof I can find that post and quote it for you.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Strong impression is not the same as fact; if you want proof I can find that post and quote it for you.
Please do. I'd rather not have to go searching through all of Blind Mew's stuff myself.