Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

blood shoals takes way too long.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
with the skull island expansion they made it so Lasko, Manny, and Moe get there own storylines involving a fire ship, a lover held hostage, and a trip to "Azteca". I think these storylines completely drag out skull island up until the point where I just don't feel like continuing on my 3 pirates who still have to do all 3 storylines that means between the 3 of them I will be doing 3 quests 3 times each so nine in all. I feel like one or two of the storylines should go back to way they used to be so its not quite as dragged out or boring. I mean sure they are fun the first or second time around but as for a third, fourth, or fifth its gets dreadful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the awesome pyroma... on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
with the skull island expansion they made it so Lasko, Manny, and Moe get there own storylines involving a fire ship, a lover held hostage, and a trip to "Azteca". I think these storylines completely drag out skull island up until the point where I just don't feel like continuing on my 3 pirates who still have to do all 3 storylines that means between the 3 of them I will be doing 3 quests 3 times each so nine in all. I feel like one or two of the storylines should go back to way they used to be so its not quite as dragged out or boring. I mean sure they are fun the first or second time around but as for a third, fourth, or fifth its gets dreadful.
Allow some space of time between your pirates. This will make the stories seem "fresh" because your memory of details will fade.
These quests give a very necessary boost to EXP and levels; before the Blood Shoals additions, I was getting to Monquista at level 14-15 ( and I had done all the SI side quests. )
After the additions my pirates were getting there at 16-18.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I've done it with 12 pirates (I have 2 accounts) and I agree that it can be long. What I think they are trying to do is give a "free" account player the sense of what playing Pirate101 is like. I like the quests the way they are now and wouldn't change them unless they need to for the story line.

What I've done is make a Quest Journal of my own where I record the quests, who I talked to and where they are found to get the quest, all the intervening steps to the quest end, and more. I try to minimize the amount of time I spend doing quests by arranging the items in the journal so I can work on and complete multiple quests at the same time. This can really speed up the questing process. I also keep a record of where I find persistent Treasure Chests and keep checking that area to get more gold. I also keep a record of where Boss ships are in the Skyway so I can get the best equipment, most Gold, and most Scrip (and increase my Naval Experience). I also keep a list of drops that I want to farm Bosses for and where the Bosses are (I find most of my information on Pirate101Central) This game can be enjoyed on many levels from the Pirate who tries to finish as fast as he can to the Pirate that wants the best equipment, Pets, and Pet Snacks and Gear and do all the quests.

Each time you start a new Pirate, that Pirate must gain experience, Gold, Scrip, equipment, etc. to advance to the next level and they all start at level 1. That is the way the game is played. If you get tired of it, go do something else for a while and then come back.

Have fun!

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
The Helpful Pirate, you DO know that you can't get scrip for gold, right?

Anyways, Blood Shoals takes way too long? Eh. I don't think there's much to add. Maybe this should be locked.

BTW, the quests were changed, possibly to add suspense.. Manny, Moe, and Jack used to have quests that were like sidequests. I don't remember them all, but I think Manny's old quest was given to Danny Ratso. I also think the Azteca quest was just because of Wizard101 world azteca, and to make sure that the 2 stories don't interact. The Other quests are original, but like azteca, they don't have much to do with the regular story. I bet Lasko thought Ratbeard poisened them because he knew Lasko would get the pirate to help Manny, Moe, and Jack. Ah well.

Also, I have a feeling that the Prawns, the Threshers, the "New Azteca" citizens, Wilhelmina, Captain Gordon, and the Red Claw gang will not be in any other plot lines. (I think one of the green minions the Prawns have appear in "Bob's your uncle", though.)

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
It's to extend free to play area and attract more players, if you ask me it's even not long enough.

Proof is we lack players.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:

Anyways, Blood Shoals takes way too long? Eh. I don't think there's much to add. Maybe this should be locked.

BTW, the quests were changed, possibly to add suspense.. Manny, Moe, and Jack used to have quests that were like sidequests. I don't remember them all, but I think Manny's old quest was given to Danny Ratso. I also think the Azteca quest was just because of Wizard101 world azteca, and to make sure that the 2 stories don't interact. The Other quests are original, but like azteca, they don't have much to do with the regular story. I bet Lasko thought Ratbeard poisened them because he knew Lasko would get the pirate to help Manny, Moe, and Jack. Ah well.

Also, I have a feeling that the Prawns, the Threshers, the "New Azteca" citizens, Wilhelmina, Captain Gordon, and the Red Claw gang will not be in any other plot lines. (I think one of the green minions the Prawns have appear in "Bob's your uncle", though.)
Yes I do know that you can't get Scrip for Gold (unfortunately!). What I meant was I keep a list of Bosses and how much Gold and Scrip they give you when you defeat them by Blowing them out of the Sky.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I respectfully disagree. I love those quests, and think they are much more entertaining than the older ones they replaced.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:

Not at all, he's saying you get scrip from ship battles ( as well as gold or ship equipment. As long as you sink them, not board ).
The old rat quests Uncles Scuttles was part of one, but now he's just a side quest. Danny Ratso has the one about the locket, it's now a side quest. The last was absolutely changed in it we were to save a kidnapped ratling "Young Nick". Instead we now have the quest involving Wilhelmina and Captain Gordon.
No minion of the Prawns made an appearance in "Bob's Your Uncle".

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Not at all, he's saying you get scrip from ship battles ( as well as gold or ship equipment. As long as you sink them, not board ).
The old rat quests Uncles Scuttles was part of one, but now he's just a side quest. Danny Ratso has the one about the locket, it's now a side quest. The last was absolutely changed in it we were to save a kidnapped ratling "Young Nick". Instead we now have the quest involving Wilhelmina and Captain Gordon.
No minion of the Prawns made an appearance in "Bob's Your Uncle".
you can get scrip from Ship Battles? Ok then.

Anyway, thanks for telling me what quests were made into what side quests, Anecorbie!

(BTW, I think the Young Nick quests was more or less expanded than changed, because you still save a rat for someone he loves, this time Captain Gordon for Wilhelmina, from evil Crabs, but now it's the red claw gang rather than normal crabs, and the golden hook was added.)

I also happened to find https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/i-miss-young-nick-8ad6a41b483a9c3b014858bc6561134e when I was looking up Young Nick, and because I feel like being silly:

"Oh, I'm sorry ... me don't care!"

(I think that person was Crimson Jake, who talks to our crew in "Bob's your uncle".)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
you can get scrip from Ship Battles? Ok then.

Anyway, thanks for telling me what quests were made into what side quests, Anecorbie!

(BTW, I think the Young Nick quests was more or less expanded than changed, because you still save a rat for someone he loves, this time Captain Gordon for Wilhelmina, from evil Crabs, but now it's the red claw gang rather than normal crabs, and the golden hook was added.)

I also happened to find https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/i-miss-young-nick-8ad6a41b483a9c3b014858bc6561134e when I was looking up Young Nick, and because I feel like being silly:

"Oh, I'm sorry ... me don't care!"

(I think that person was Crimson Jake, who talks to our crew in "Bob's your uncle".)
Yes you can get Scrip from ship battles but only if you blow them out of the sky and don't board or get boarded.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
It took me about 4 to 6 hours to finish it, over the span of two days. What I did to keep myself motivated was buy a rare pet that was good and use it so I would not delete that character.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Why is this any different than running around doing quests from other locations?Because the starting point and turn in point for these quests happen to be in the same Blood Shoals cave is actually helpful and convenient. Would it be any different if you had to start any of them from the other side of Skull Island Skyway? And there's nothing that says you have to dwell solely on these particular quests... take a break and go do something else for a while... farm for nav XP, snacks, gold etc. Go whack some Troggies.
And, like some other folks have mentioned, you can do the entire series of quests in less than a day. Personally I prefer this type of quest much more than the ones in Cool Ranch and Mooshu that have you running back and forth between two or three different skyways... all for 100XP and a pittance of gold.

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
I really like what they did with the rat crew's quests but they do take a long while to do, and I do miss being able to receive you're parent's companion before the end of the none member areas.