Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blast of discord, charm, same thing?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
If blast of discord is aloud, why can't charm be aloud?There both almost the same thing, and blast of discord is based on charm.Due to the fact it turns its own team against each other

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
rex1556 on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
If blast of discord is aloud, why can't charm be aloud?There both almost the same thing, and blast of discord is based on charm.Due to the fact it turns its own team against each other
I assume by "aloud" you mean "allowed" in PvP... and if so you're asking in the wrong forum... but it's probably still allowed because enough people haven't started complaining about it yet.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
TucsonWizard on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
I assume by "aloud" you mean "allowed" in PvP... and if so you're asking in the wrong forum... but it's probably still allowed because enough people haven't started complaining about it yet.
Charm was never banned becuase it was too op, it has never been in ranked because it doesn't function properly in battle Royale

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Charm was banned because it somehow disturbed the order of battle; as you know from using it, the charmed victim does his actions after any pets or summons on the battleboard.
This power isn't luck based like Blast of Discord ( which may affect all, some, or none ) but is almost an automatic attack, affecting only one target ( I suppose if you had a higher will than the witchdoctor using it, it would then fizzle, like the Masque of the Lotus sometimes does or charm from a pet. )
I believe that Charm should be allowed in Ranked PVP combat because no other class has had a power banned.
Yes, and even Charming Gaze should be un-banned.
But these two powers are not the same thing: Charm is a single target only and the Charmed victim may or may not attack; I've had instances where they simply wander to one side and stand there.
Blast of Discord causes affected victims to attack nearby team members, and this may be the entire team or a few or none ( as I said before. )

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
BoD is MUCH different than charm.

BoD: Has a chance to stop randomly and stops if it misses

Charm: Lasts the entire round

BoD: Doesn't use epics

Charm: Uses epics

BoD: Only hits adjacent allies

Charm: Allows movement

I can't speak for pvp, but I can say BoD and Charm are to VERY different powers.