Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Pirate PvE Class in 2016

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 30, 2009
Hi all, I currently have a 44 privateer, 46 swash, and 40 musketeer. I haven't played the game in awhile and I was wondering what is the best class now? Is it worth making a buccaneer?

Thankssssss

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I've been dominating PvE with my musketeer lately. I haven't played with him recently, but I wouldn't doubt it if my Buccaneer was better.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
martianhunter09 on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Hi all, I currently have a 44 privateer, 46 swash, and 40 musketeer. I haven't played the game in awhile and I was wondering what is the best class now? Is it worth making a buccaneer?

Thankssssss
Welcome to the Message Boards, martianhunter09! ALL classes are able to solo this game, all have their strengths and weaknesses - I would run a couple of dungeons just to familiarize yourself with your pirates; look over your powers and gear, then chose the class that you enjoy most.
P.S. There is NO "best class", or "strongest" or "OP",

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
For PvE, once you unlock black fog I would say that SB are the strongest class, they can finish a battle really fast if your after speed. But beware they are not like this against every boss battle so you may have to rethink your strategy against some bosses

Ensign
Nov 30, 2009
anecorbie on May 4, 2016 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, martianhunter09! ALL classes are able to solo this game, all have their strengths and weaknesses - I would run a couple of dungeons just to familiarize yourself with your pirates; look over your powers and gear, then chose the class that you enjoy most.
P.S. There is NO "best class", or "strongest" or "OP",
Which class is the most fun to play? I keep getting bored of the class towards middle of Mooshu.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
martianhunter09 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Which class is the most fun to play? I keep getting bored of the class towards middle of Mooshu.
Witchdoctor!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Musketeers and Swashbucklers are best for soloing in my opinion, yet anyways as a Musketeer, I've soloed pretty much the entire game fine and I enjoyed it because being a Musketeer requires a good knowing of positioning yourself and setting yourself in a good position to deal some good damage, which Musketeers are really good at.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Hmmm... While it is true that all classes have their own strengths and weaknesses, and that there are encounters where x might easily succeed but y will struggle, I think that It can be fairly said that either Witch or Privateer are the strongest class.

Why? Scratch's Buff. Mojo Flow makes just about every ability held by your average privy/witch significantly more powerful. I'd like to say there is more to it than that, but... I don't think there is. I just finished beachhead with my witch, and scratch made fights that used to be grueling quite easy. Bishop, who was a significant threat every other time I've fought him, folded like a piece of paper. I imagine If scratch had been that strong when i was going through on my privateer, he'd have had just as easy a time. Maybe not quite as fast, but... really, what enemy in the game could hope to kill a player stacked with multiple scratch-boosted valor shields?

Suddenly I feel compelled to use scratch buffs to make a super tank out of hawkules and make him go fight diskylos 1v1. this ought to be interesting...