Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Epics For Kobe?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Hello everyone! I've been working on my Buccaneer lately, and yesterday I got from Brother Owl to fighting the De Monte ships so the Scurvy Dogs will get us into Port Regal. As of right now I've got 4 ships down and 2 to go, but I was wondering something.
What epics am I supposed to give my Kobe?
I know that Kobe is considered beast and one of the best companions in the entire game (not to mention he looks absolutely amazing as a Samoorai Lord), but as of now Kobe isn't exactly killing it like I thought he would. Obviously he's only a Samoorai right now, but I still have to wonder if I'm giving him the wrong things. When I promoted him, I give him Relentless and Riposte, whereas with all of my other starters companions [sans Kan Po since I'm bad as a Witchdoctor] Relentless 2. If anybody can answer my question, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks and have a fantastic week!

Cdr. Corrupt Rachel Bellamy, Level 26 Tomb Raider

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I myself prefer to use Relentless and Blade Storm. The reasoning behind this is that sometimes Relentless triggers and other times Blade Storm triggers and each can trigger the other. Riposte will trigger only if the attack misses.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Since Kobe has to forced criticals mega and swashbuckler stab blade storm is a must as it will trigger after he uses one of those, and we all love relentless :P and as of talents a build that always works good with me is accurate tough dodgy agility.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Basically the rule for most companions is (whatever they start with) 1, Relentless/BurstFire/MojoEcho 2, Bladestorm/DoubleTap/MojoRising 1. Kobe fits into this category.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Ahoy there!
If I train Kobe, I would give him relentless 2 and bladestorm. For the talents: Agile 4, Accurate 4, Dodgy 4 and either Rough 4 or Tough 4, that's your choice to make him either sustainable or dangerous.
-Brave Mindy Sharp-

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Ahoy!
Do you use an item with big juju? It'll increase his relentless chance and criticals significantly. As an ordinary Samoorai, I would give him Relentless 2, but bladestorm is for his second promo. An easy item you can farm for that gives big juju is either a totem or an amulet, can't remember correctly. It's dropped from Johnny Ringo, right in the house behind the transportaler in Cool Ranch.
-Brave Mindy Sharp (again)-

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
In my opinion Relentless and Blade Storm. This is because when Kobe uses that garunteed critical hit, the blade storm will most likely get activated and then after that due to the blade storm there is a large change the relentless will be activated. I am not sure how many epics he gets.....(I have not used my buccaneer in a while, I took a break)

If it were 3: Blade Storm 1, Relentless 2

If it were 4: Blade Storm 2, Relentless 2/ Blade Storm 1, Relentless (3)- either is good the first one is just more balanced.

Or, if you have 4 and you feel as if you want to maximize the fact that Kobe has good dodge as a swashbuckler,
You can also do: Blade Storm 1, Relentless 2, Riposte 1- although I do reccomend the earlier one due to relentless maximizing the amazing damage that Kobe does!!!!!

Good luck training your Kobe!

Au Revoir,

JackThePirate

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Mindy GoldenHeart on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!
Do you use an item with big juju? It'll increase his relentless chance and criticals significantly. As an ordinary Samoorai, I would give him Relentless 2, but bladestorm is for his second promo. An easy item you can farm for that gives big juju is either a totem or an amulet, can't remember correctly. It's dropped from Johnny Ringo, right in the house behind the transportaler in Cool Ranch.
-Brave Mindy Sharp (again)-
Thanks! As my Privateer I always desperately wanted to get Big Juji but only had those little running chickens, so thanks for telling me where my Buck can farm! I always want to buff Kobe and Bonnie in battle with stuff that helps their offensive capabilities too, so I'm gonna try and get the totem.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Thanks! As my Privateer I always desperately wanted to get Big Juji but only had those little running chickens, so thanks for telling me where my Buck can farm! I always want to buff Kobe and Bonnie in battle with stuff that helps their offensive capabilities too, so I'm gonna try and get the totem.
Ahoy there!
You're in luck that you've told me about your , as I can help with him as well. I'm like a scanner, researching the browser for all items that give helpful cards.
1)The Sky walker robes, lvl 30, gives some armor or a thing like that, can't recall properly. Dropped by Tyson and Captain Blood.
2) An amulet, Sky Walker's Star, give some health and Big JuJu, dropped by Frank Cranes and Ike Bronco.
3) Subaltern's Seal, same as the Sky Walker's star, dropped by Captain Foote in Arroyo Grande, Frank Cranes and Nasty Nathan Birdett.
4) Wold Clan Robes, 8 will, some health and Big JuJu. Dropped by Queep in Ancient Ruins, only buccs can farm him as he appears in their first promo quest.
5) Dragon Fire Jingasa, a hat that gives some health and GREAT, not big, JuJu. Friar Sand.
6) Emperor's Crown, dropped by Diskylos and Cadmus, gives armor health and Great JuJu.
7) Kenza's Jandals, dropped by Monkey Kind dopplegangers and Doctor Noh. There are other sources, but those 2 are the easiest.
That's all I can type before I don't feel my fingers, those are the easiest items to get that give big and great Juju. Choose whichever you please. Good day, and happy farming!
- Brave Mindy Sharp -