Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 15, 2013
I have level 63 witchdoctor and was wondering what the best class was. I want to make a second character before the new worlds come out and i want to know what your class is and if its pretty easy and/or fairly hard to beat. i was thinking of maybe making a buccaneer but im not sure, give me your idea of which class is pretty good(besides being a witch)

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
elbe32025 on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I have level 63 witchdoctor and was wondering what the best class was. I want to make a second character before the new worlds come out and i want to know what your class is and if its pretty easy and/or fairly hard to beat. i was thinking of maybe making a buccaneer but im not sure, give me your idea of which class is pretty good(besides being a witch)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but buccaneer is definitely not the best class.
I'd say trying a privateer/musketeer next. Witches are pretty good, but they almost always lose to a privateer with their high will and resistance. Musketeers are kinda underrated. They deal quite a lot of aoe damage, and can counter high dodge privateer companions. They also are a very strategic class and use traps to damage an enemy, even from far away.
Then i'd say trying a swashbuckler. This class is actually quite good but the update seemed to leave it behind with useless or broken powers. They are excellent at dodging, especially with elusive trained. They do the most damage of any classes, and are the only class (with privateers) to have a critical buff- two actually-.
They also do great AoE damage. It all depends on the next update, because i have a feeling they're going to get something special.
Then, and only then, when you've maxxed all the classes do i suggest you create a buccaneer. They're not that great, and questing takes for ever as the only aoe they get is at level 65 (and that one damages you).
But i think witchdoctors are the best class!

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 48

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have one of each (well I have two privateers ) and I love them all. They are each unique and have different challenges and require different fighting styles. They are a wonderful way to stretch how I think and play the game. I highly recommend them all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
P.S.
Welcome to the message boards Elbe. Congrats on getting your witchdoctor so far and I look forward to hearing how you do with the other classes.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I am a lvl 65 privateer and so far the game has been pretty easy for me. I am not a super powerful pirate with really good gear that all have special powers but I think I'm pretty good as far as pirates go.

PvP history: I almost beat a lvl 65 swash when I was lvl 50. Came down to the last hit. I beat two lvl 65 witchdoctors when I was lvl 65. Very close game. It was me vs. them. 2 to 1. I lost to another privateer. Me and a witchdoctor lost too two privateers. Beat a swashbuckler again and beat another witchdoctor and beat one or two musketeers. One time I almost lost too a swashbuckler. We outnumbered her 2 to 1 and she almost won.
For storyline fighting I have been going solo the whole time except for farming or if a friend just randomly ports to me.

Hope this Helps

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Also (No offense to buccaneers) But I think buccaneer is a terrible class. They get least amount of companions and least amount of powers. I do not reccomend that class.

p.s. I know I'm going to get a lot arguments from this post.

Ensign
Nov 17, 2013
For me a swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 17, 2013
Changed my mind I think buccaneer

Ensign
Nov 17, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I am a lvl 65 privateer and so far the game has been pretty easy for me. I am not a super powerful pirate with really good gear that all have special powers but I think I'm pretty good as far as pirates go.

PvP history: I almost beat a lvl 65 swash when I was lvl 50. Came down to the last hit. I beat two lvl 65 witchdoctors when I was lvl 65. Very close game. It was me vs. them. 2 to 1. I lost to another privateer. Me and a witchdoctor lost too two privateers. Beat a swashbuckler again and beat another witchdoctor and beat one or two musketeers. One time I almost lost too a swashbuckler. We outnumbered her 2 to 1 and she almost won.
For storyline fighting I have been going solo the whole time except for farming or if a friend just randomly ports to me.

Hope this Helps
What is your name in pirate 101 I want to be your friend please ?

Ensign
Nov 17, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
Also (No offense to buccaneers) But I think buccaneer is a terrible class. They get least amount of companions and least amount of powers. I do not reccomend that class.

p.s. I know I'm going to get a lot arguments from this post.
Do you think swashbucklers are good ?

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Rooke23 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
Do you think swashbucklers are good ?
They're pretty good, but have been neglected by KI in the last update, some powers don't work. You do the most damage and can one shot kill a companion with assassin's strike if it epic criticals. You have the coolest animations, and it's so fast to PVE in. They could, in the right hands, be possibly the best class.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
hi there,

there is not such thing as a best class, all classes have there own unique powers, KI tries to make all classes balanced , best tip that I can give is to try them all

Blaze

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
In response to Rooke23:
My name is Black Talon Ovingham. I am usually in the blind mew realm.

Also, I do think swash's are good. A tip for though in them in PvP. I noticed that swashbucklers and buccaneers charge right into the other team in a duel. Then the other player get's all his companions and attacks the swash or buccaneer. My advice is too go across the board with all your companions. Then you can protect yourself.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
All classes are good if you know how to use their strengths and how to avoid their weaknesses. Personally, I think Privateer is the best. I love PvP, and whenever I am in a 1v1 situation, I usually win. The only times I lose is when it's against another Privateer. It's easy to learn and execute a privateer's strengths, so it is a lot easier to focus on another player's weaknesses and develop a strategy.

Have a Piratey Holiday!! Lvl 65

Ensign
Jul 15, 2013
Now I'm level 65 and I think I'm gonna become a musketeer or a privateer. Most likely a musketeer but for now I still need to beat the hydra, and I'm not looking forward to that :p.
And also my name is;
Timid Blaine Ironside
If you ever see me, I would glady like your help :)

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
All right a list to what i think are best to bad

Privateers: Ever since Aquila opened up Privateers can increase so many bufferings and increases
Witchdoctors: Overall i think Witchdoctors are just plain AWESOME and magical and can top some classes
Buccaneers: Ever since Aquila came in Buccaneers became a bit overpowered(A.K.A Reckless Frendzy)
Musketeers: They cause massive damage and bombs from far away
Swashbuckler: I put it to last(and since its my class i am asahmed) because they kinda turned weak