Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Chum Badge

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 26, 2009
Why hello there~
Now, i apologize to ask this, i tried to look in various ways to find an answer to this question but was unable to, so here we are:
It says i've to complete this quest which is the main one anyway
pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Quest:Them_Rats_of_Nim
I did but no badge was given, allright, so i read around (that maybe ?) you need to complete all quests related to Fin Dorsal, i think i did nearly all the subquests 'till now, the ones i didn't made lead to nothing so...
...What am i missing? Or is the badge no longer around?

Thanks in advance~

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
Here is what I found for you:

Quest:Them Rats o' Nim

Book 4, Chapter 7
Prequest:
Rat Trap

Given By: Blind Mew
Giver Location: Scrimshaw

This be a storyline quest.

Goals:
Explore Nim's Lair 'n The Warrens
Defeat Nim
Talk t' One-Eyed Jack
Talk t' Captain Avery 'n Avery's Court

Hand in: Captain Avery

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ellione on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Why hello there~
Now, i apologize to ask this, i tried to look in various ways to find an answer to this question but was unable to, so here we are:
It says i've to complete this quest which is the main one anyway
pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Quest:Them_Rats_of_Nim
I did but no badge was given, allright, so i read around (that maybe ?) you need to complete all quests related to Fin Dorsal, i think i did nearly all the subquests 'till now, the ones i didn't made lead to nothing so...
...What am i missing? Or is the badge no longer around?

Thanks in advance~
Welcome to the message boards Ellione. Great question and so thoughtful of you to try to track it down first.
Well done Rhemas. Great detailed information there. Now anyone else that queries on this will have all your concise facts. Excellent.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2009
Rhemas on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Here is what I found for you:

Quest:Them Rats o' Nim

Book 4, Chapter 7
Prequest:
Rat Trap

Given By: Blind Mew
Giver Location: Scrimshaw

This be a storyline quest.

Goals:
Explore Nim's Lair 'n The Warrens
Defeat Nim
Talk t' One-Eyed Jack
Talk t' Captain Avery 'n Avery's Court

Hand in: Captain Avery
But the problem unfortunately remains: as storyline quest i'm currently in Cool Ranch, so i already done that, it seems there's something else i'm missing but i can't understand what.
Maybe it's related to "Skull mountaineer" badge which i didn't get 'cause i can't access to the Hidden Shrine (no, not The Old Chum) in Temple of Gloom, and there too, i don't know what i missed since NPCs don't give me other quests, but other players can get in there

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ellione on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
But the problem unfortunately remains: as storyline quest i'm currently in Cool Ranch, so i already done that, it seems there's something else i'm missing but i can't understand what.
Maybe it's related to "Skull mountaineer" badge which i didn't get 'cause i can't access to the Hidden Shrine (no, not The Old Chum) in Temple of Gloom, and there too, i don't know what i missed since NPCs don't give me other quests, but other players can get in there
I found a note in Central about Marcus, who is in the Hidden Shrine and it says that the quest has been removed in one of the updates.
Could one of the game designers please verify this?

Administrator
The issue with the Skull Mountaineer badge and the Best Chum Badge are unrelated. Perhaps Ellione is missing the Mooshu Falcon sidequest?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 26, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
The issue with the Skull Mountaineer badge and the Best Chum Badge are unrelated. Perhaps Ellione is missing the Mooshu Falcon sidequest?
I did that too (i also re-checked all the NPCs).
By looking around i found these requirements:

"
1) In the beginning of the game,(not the tutorial,) he steals Captain Avery's jade amuelet. He also riles up the troggies so that they bombard Skull Island. Captain Avery wants you to get it back, but you end up stopping the troggy bombardment anyway.

2) Fin Dorsal hires Archer the Dog Pirate to steal Captain Avery's Mooshu falcon. He succeeds, but the falcon gets stolen by Marcus, Fin's former right-hand shark, who now works for Joey Karo( frog pirate) . Once you defeat Marcus and Joey Karo, Joey Karo fires Marcus. I believe that is the last time you see Marcus. Talk to Billy Haze to get this side quest.

3) Fin Dorsal finds a piece of the El Dorado map and trys to sell it to the Armada!

Once you beat all 3 of these quests, equip Best Chum badge and go to crown shop. He will be on the list."

I supose it's kinda old since the 2nd point (Mooshu Falcon Quest which i completed) is different now, still, the quest is the same, and, sorry for the redundance , i did everything i should that's why i'm kinda lost xD

Administrator
Hmm. If you've finished the quests "Into the Skull Cave," "Oh, that map ...," and "The Mooshu Falcon," you should have that badge, if not, please contact support@pirate101.com and reference this thread for more information.

Thanks for your report!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 26, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
Hmm. If you've finished the quests "Into the Skull Cave," "Oh, that map ...," and "The Mooshu Falcon," you should have that badge, if not, please contact support@pirate101.com and reference this thread for more information.

Thanks for your report!
Did and they solved the problem

Many thanks to everyone! Great game, great support and great community!