Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bagha Khan question

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Why can Bagha Khan train Vengeance Strike instead of Riposte when he's a swashbuckler? I'm a bit aggravated by this.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Bagha Khan has an EXTREMELY HIGH dodge rate once he reaches max and you train all the way to Dodge 4. Giving him Riposte, especially Riposte 2 or 3, would make him OP, so instead, KI gave him Vengeance Strike.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
A little variety is the spice of life.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Why can Bagha Khan train Vengeance Strike instead of Riposte when he's a swashbuckler? I'm a bit aggravated by this.
It's just the say he is, Dead Mike is a buccaneer and can train riposte, but not vengeance strike. Milo Greytail can train vengeance strike, but not riposte. It's all how the companions are made, I guess. Hope I helped!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I suspect it is to insure a bit of variety. Sometimes Swashbucklers have access to skills normally associated with Buccaneers, sometimes Buccaneers have access to skills normally associated with Swashbucklers, etc. I think it would be a bit boring if all companions of a given class had exactly the same skill mix.

-Indigo

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Ju Hao can learn vengeance strike and not riposte. maybe it's because they shouldn't make them too OP.