Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Badge Cheating: attn. OEJack

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Today, I logged in to collect and buy the new rollerblade mount; when a friend asked me to port to him. He wanted me to look at a player's level and badge, he found it very suspicious.
Sure enough it was; he was a level 41 and had the "Bob's Not My Uncle" badge equipped. It's just not possible for a player at that level to have that badge.
As we all know, the quest that awards that badge is for our Presidio companion's promotion at level 67, and you can't port into promotion quest dungeons, so he couldn't have got that badge that way.
I believe that this player may have hacked or used some kind of cheat to get it. My friend did report that player.
It just needs some investigating.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
Today, I logged in to collect and buy the new rollerblade mount; when a friend asked me to port to him. He wanted me to look at a player's level and badge, he found it very suspicious.
Sure enough it was; he was a level 41 and had the "Bob's Not My Uncle" badge equipped. It's just not possible for a player at that level to have that badge.
As we all know, the quest that awards that badge is for our Presidio companion's promotion at level 67, and you can't port into promotion quest dungeons, so he couldn't have got that badge that way.
I believe that this player may have hacked or used some kind of cheat to get it. My friend did report that player.
See the below thread from Central, same exact topic. According to a different player, that player used the Hydra exploit to complete the "Bob's Not Your Uncle" quest. KI has already fixed that exploit.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61045-Help!-A-Puzzle-for-you-pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Jul 29, 2017 wrote:
See the below thread from Central, same exact topic. According to a different player, that player used the Hydra exploit to complete the "Bob's Not Your Uncle" quest. KI has already fixed that exploit.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61045-Help!-A-Puzzle-for-you-pirates!
Thank you for the information.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Wow...... I didn't even know that was possible. (well, in wizzy, I think there was some omen glitches where you could transfer the badge to lower level chars on your account that didn't fight him)

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
What is this "hydra exploit"?
Since this exploit has been closed down, it doesn't matter now.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
Since this exploit has been closed down, it doesn't matter now.
You make it sound like I was gonna use it for myself
No I was just curious because I've been with pirate for a long time now and I've never once heard of this

Community Leader
What is this "hydra exploit"?
Back in the day, it was possible to teleport a low level character into the hydra instance, fight the heads ad infinitum, and get a ridiculous amount of experience. This would make it commonplace for characters that were only in Cool Ranch to be level 65. The glitch was patched a while back, and the characters who benefited from it had their level reduced to where it was before they used the glitch

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Matthew525011 on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
Back in the day, it was possible to teleport a low level character into the hydra instance, fight the heads ad infinitum, and get a ridiculous amount of experience. This would make it commonplace for characters that were only in Cool Ranch to be level 65. The glitch was patched a while back, and the characters who benefited from it had their level reduced to where it was before they used the glitch
Wow, talk about punishment
But then again, they kinda deserve it for using something unintentionally added to the game to boost themselves.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You make it sound like I was gonna use it for myself
No I was just curious because I've been with pirate for a long time now and I've never once heard of this
You might not use it, but if I was reporting a current cheat on these boards, someone else might be tempted to do it.
I did report on a cheat being used; the post was removed because I went into detail on how it was done, I believe that KI has fixed that cheat, though.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
You might not use it, but if I was reporting a current cheat on these boards, someone else might be tempted to do it.
I did report on a cheat being used; the post was removed because I went into detail on how it was done, I believe that KI has fixed that cheat, though.
Oh! I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe next time i'll just search up some things about the bug the current topic is about instead of trying to have someone explain it in the face of many active players

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Wow...... I didn't even know that was possible. (well, in wizzy, I think there was some omen glitches where you could transfer the badge to lower level chars on your account that didn't fight him)
I am also sure they patched this glitch, but I haven't gone on wizzy in like a few months. I think the glitch was around when the omen boss came out. and thank you, anecorbie for the information on this glitch.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
I also found several people in game that had the badge 'Kane's Nemesis', who were very low levels (All below 40).

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
milo gt on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
I also found several people in game that had the badge 'Kane's Nemesis', who were very low levels (All below 40).
Theoretically you could port into the dungeon with a max level and beat Kane. I dont see the reason in this as the only thing useful to a level 40 pirate here is the gold,buts its possible.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
This is do-able. Any pirate can teleport to a friend anywhere as long as they have access to the area (whether its with crowns or membership).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, but that battle is transport-able - you can port to friends in there. Although, What the Heck, KI? Can't you stop this?
Soon, badges will be without any meaning at all.....

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
That's not a glitch though because (MUCH to my disliking) low levels can port into the Kane dungeon. I really hope Kingsisle fixes it and does something to prevent low levels from being able to port into Kane. The thing that irritates me the most is low levels porting into battles they know they can't handle.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
That's not a glitch though because (MUCH to my disliking) low levels can port into the Kane dungeon. I really hope Kingsisle fixes it and does something to prevent low levels from being able to port into Kane. The thing that irritates me the most is low levels porting into battles they know they can't handle.
This could be easily fixed with making a player in the Kane dungeon be considered "busy" when someone tries to port *cough* @kingisle *cough*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
This could be easily fixed with making a player in the Kane dungeon be considered "busy" when someone tries to port *cough* @kingisle *cough*
That would make it a gauntlet, it would be better if your level is taken into consideration ( say no one under level 66 ) and a statement "you do not have the level to access this dungeon."

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
That would make it a gauntlet, it would be better if your level is taken into consideration ( say no one under level 66 ) and a statement "you do not have the level to access this dungeon."
Bob's not ya uncle shouldnt have been a possible glitch.. good thing it was brought up, and tyvm to the KI team for handling it so efficiently, ty to the person who relieved us of our fears with that link :3

hmm on the second issue though, unfortunately anecorbie i have to mildly disagree, i dont see a problem with this one (Kane badge for helping out in a crisis) as much as that hydra tragedy.. as example hydra did something as far as unlocking future powers? permanently?but then afterwards they were nooblet enough to scam the pvp? idk it was HORRID sounding and am soooo glad it was fixed way before i got my new computer back.. pvp is kinda dead for nooblets as it is without having that kind of irresponsibilty playing into it.. anyways exploitation of children/new pirates via hydra vs a badge for having been invited to a Kane battle? gotta side with the lesser evil on this one hun.. <3 ya though :3

still KI loves us and does their best to keep things as fair as possible.. hopefully some new badges might be on the horizon? if so can ya think of any new ones you'd like to see happen? I hope more will be coming with the addition of the kiosk , as long as pirates are helping others and not breaking moral codes then i see lots good to come from this :D

tiny sidenote though, has there been any word of non-commenting yet spectating for pvp yet? easier to learn if in spectating view, though not in way of players in their match, nor being allowed to distract them.. could bring more interest to pvp and future tournaments as well..

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Personally, I don't care if someone lower level ports into Kane and helps, and gets the badge. I like to help out friends, and sometimes on one of my lower level pirates I get an SOS from someone in a tough spot. If I can port in, cast some strategic heals and buffs, and offer my crew as alternative targets for the bad guys, it might make the difference in the fight for the other pirate.
If someone low ports in there, and hides like a coward, letting others win them the badge, well, they know how empty their feat is. If they brag about their "victory" in Avery's Court later, I doubt their little speech will win much respect, their attitude will tend to give them away. Those who are good don't need to brag.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2015
yea i know the player who had the badge he's player name is sarcastic tyrone a lvl41 .