Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Back After A Year, Whats The State On Balance?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Hey guys! Whas going on, probably none of you know me but thats alright.

So I left shortly after the Aquila patch, getting my musketeer to level 65 and I quit!

So now I'm back and I'm wondering, whats the state of class balance?

Are bucks still weak?

Privy's still OP?

Witchies and muskies still great?

Swashies still overplayed?

Tell me some of the combat changes, because I am far too lazy to read the update notes

Best Wishes - Dead-Eye Luke Level 65

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
things are really better now, although bucks could still do with a little buffing i think. privy's buff length was vastly reduced, zeal now lasts 3 turns and corps is 5. pets are huge now, if your hardcore you should definitely go after some of them, and if you dont want to get wrecked in pvp i strongly recommend grinding the tower of moo manchu. so . . . . yeah. lots of stuff to do now. enjoy.

Matthew Walker - 65 , 32

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys! Whas going on, probably none of you know me but thats alright.

So I left shortly after the Aquila patch, getting my musketeer to level 65 and I quit!

So now I'm back and I'm wondering, whats the state of class balance?

Are bucks still weak?

Privy's still OP?

Witchies and muskies still great?

Swashies still overplayed?

Tell me some of the combat changes, because I am far too lazy to read the update notes

Best Wishes - Dead-Eye Luke Level 65
Buccaneers are not weak. They are borderline OP for pvp now. With the new way that Blade Storm triggers, they are a force to be reckoned with. A Buck with a pet that has the Scent ability makes them a Swashbuckler's worst nightmare.

Privateers lost a little when the durations of their buffs was cut down to a reasonable level and now have to suffer along with the rest of us as non-superhuman entities.

Witchdoctors and Musketeers are still the most fun classes to play and require more strategy than the others IMO. The same thing applies to Double Tap as does to Blade Storm but it's not the game changer for Muskets that it has proven to be for Bucks.

I seem to see just as many Buccaneers as Swashbucklers. Maybe you only think you see more Bucklers now because you hate them and are oversensitive in that regard. If there are indeed more of them now the only reason would be that with the Hidden fix and Privateers losing their ridiculous never ending buffs, people realize that Swashbucklers are once again a contender in the pvp arena. Those who had them as secondary characters have dusted them off and many who are starting new pirates are choosing them. Who wouldn't want to play the class that has, by a large margin, the most style and finesse? This will continue until the next time an update shakes things up as far as talents and abilities are concerned.

As far as combat goes, the current trend seems to Bucks dominating pvp with companions that have Vicious Charge and/or Hold The Line rank 3. They slap on their Levy's Call and then release the hounds, so to speak. There are ways to counter this, but it is an effective strategy and works well for them. Swashbucklers can still take damage from AOE attacks while hidden, but this damage no longer ends their hidden so they are able to approach their target and do huge damage when they strike. Newfound talents and abilities for pets have caused them to have quite an impact on pvp with the biggest being (I think) the Scent and Charm talents. As far as the other 3 classes go, little has changed. Tower gear allows Witches and Muskets to carry a crazy amount of Jobu's Embrace, Mojo Storm, Mournsong, Bombs and Crtitcal Strikes and Privateers are still...well...Privateers. I think this is probably the most even playing field we have seen in this game so far.

I hope this has been of some help to you, sir.

Yours truly,

Wicked Erin, Undisputed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme and All Around Great Person