Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Arabian Nights themed world?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2010
I was recently thinking about pirate stories and pirate movies. While the current storyline has the Caribbean pirates pretty well covered, I was wondering about more exotic pirates. Especially since Captain Reynolds and company keep showing up. And one of the other pirates that keeps turning up when I think of "piratey" stories is Sinbad the Sailor.

An Arabian Nights themed area would actually be a lot of fun, I think. For one thing, Sinbad often fights fantastical monsters and evil sorcerers (who often summon the monsters, come to think of it.) Cyclops, djinn, undead, ancient automatons, terrible curses, ancient prophecies, monstrous birds, and sea monsters of all kinds show up in the various Sinbad stories and movies quite often. Plus it would be a way to visit a more "actively magical" area without needing to get wizards directly involved.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
ShadowsBetween on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
I was recently thinking about pirate stories and pirate movies. While the current storyline has the Caribbean pirates pretty well covered, I was wondering about more exotic pirates. Especially since Captain Reynolds and company keep showing up. And one of the other pirates that keeps turning up when I think of "piratey" stories is Sinbad the Sailor.

An Arabian Nights themed area would actually be a lot of fun, I think. For one thing, Sinbad often fights fantastical monsters and evil sorcerers (who often summon the monsters, come to think of it.) Cyclops, djinn, undead, ancient automatons, terrible curses, ancient prophecies, monstrous birds, and sea monsters of all kinds show up in the various Sinbad stories and movies quite often. Plus it would be a way to visit a more "actively magical" area without needing to get wizards directly involved.
Sounds cool, I would enjoy that. And there is also precedent for a world of that theme: in Wizard, when you go to Pigswick Academy, you meet a character from a world called Mirage. This character is dressed similar to Princess Jasmine from Aladdin and states that Mirage is a desert world.

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Hmmm, that would be cool and another idea of a world would be a world called treekeria. it would be a world that would control all of time and space (mainly what keeps the spiral connected) . It would be in the middle of the spiral and there would be time golems, space dragons, and all kinds of time and space based monsters. The goal would be to stop Kane from destroying the time-space
gem that is the thing that's holding the spiral together in the first place and the boss will be a time-space dragon that guards the gem.

valerian quince. level 28 swashbuckler