Access to Message boards

Community Leader
Ok, I obviously have access to the message boards... here I am, however...
I have another family account, that is not subscribed to Pirates (its subbed to W101).
I had understood access to the message boards (and test realm) to be based on a recent purchase (within 30 days), perhaps I am mistaken. My other family account purchased a large bundle of crowns last night through the Pirate101 site, shouldnt they have access to post/reply on Pirate101 the message boards at least for the next 30 days? Or is a subscription required? I havent used any of the crowns yet, is that the part im missing? Must I login and purchase something "ingame" with my newly purchased crowns to gain access? Not a major issue, but from my perspective... somethings broke.
Edit: Later after talking to some of my more "crown" play experienced friends, I determined I was just "wrong" lol. No worries...

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Feb 27, 2009
No it isn't but crowns don't get you the message board. Membership = all areas, message boards, more friends, retraining in gold, and retraining ya companions in gold.

Thanks for the update, Zeppers! Glad you got that worked out.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
May 10, 2010
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
You might have mistaken the purchase bonus with the test realm. In Wizard101, you can gain access to the test realm as a Crowns player if you have made a purchase in the last 30 days.