Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About game fan art

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I don't know if anyone else has this question but, are there any basic rules about the content that fan art can contain? Like, does the content have to follow any certain rules? For example, the use of weapons. (Like a gun being pointed at someone.)

If anyone could give me an answer, I'd be very grateful!

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I guess if you made is safe and appropriate for people playing this game, no blood or gore, no pointing a gun in the picture at "YOU"! It would be scary if that happened.
Hope this helped.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
See the reply to the thread in Shipyards last dated May 10, 2013 with the title "for Ratbeard/Blind Mew". One-Eyed Jack was the person who responded.

If you are interested in a particular topic, try searching for it before posting. Most of the questions can be answered this way. The way to search is to press the search button at the top of the Message Boards. Enter the Subject you wish to search for (I entered "Art"), set the time period (I did 6 months), check the box where it says to search body of text (unless you think it is also in the subject header), set the particular board you wish to search (I left the board selection blank because then it searches all boards), and then start the search. It usually comes back fairly quickly.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Sniper Rose on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I guess if you made is safe and appropriate for people playing this game, no blood or gore, no pointing a gun in the picture at "YOU"! It would be scary if that happened.
Hope this helped.
Thank you for your answer. You really helped a lot. Yeah, it is kinda scary when you see a picture with a gun being pointed at you. I really was wondering about pirate vs. pirate pictures. My brother and I really enjoy PvP and we do it often together. I really wanted to draw something based off of PvP, but I'm still not sure about it. I mean, I've seen a picture where there is a battle, but it's in the background. I'm assuming that it's alright to submit pictures related to battles, but I just want to make sure that it was allowed before I do anything.

Once again, thank you!

~Quick Pearl

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
SlightlyMadWizard on May 25, 2013 wrote:
See the reply to the thread in Shipyards last dated May 10, 2013 with the title "for Ratbeard/Blind Mew". One-Eyed Jack was the person who responded.

If you are interested in a particular topic, try searching for it before posting. Most of the questions can be answered this way. The way to search is to press the search button at the top of the Message Boards. Enter the Subject you wish to search for (I entered "Art"), set the time period (I did 6 months), check the box where it says to search body of text (unless you think it is also in the subject header), set the particular board you wish to search (I left the board selection blank because then it searches all boards), and then start the search. It usually comes back fairly quickly.
I did a search on "art rules" before posting, and I didn't find anything. One-Eyed Jack just gave a link to the fan art section, but no rules, just instructions on how to submit. Thanks for trying to help though.

~Quick Pearl

Administrator
We've never posted rules for fan art, but we do run a family friendly website, so anything "questionable" shouldn't be submitted. Ask yourself, if your picture was a scene from a movie, would that scene be rated PG-13 or up? If it would, it won't be published on our site; otherwise, we love to see our players' art!

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 06, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on May 27, 2013 wrote:
We've never posted rules for fan art, but we do run a family friendly website, so anything "questionable" shouldn't be submitted. Ask yourself, if your picture was a scene from a movie, would that scene be rated PG-13 or up? If it would, it won't be published on our site; otherwise, we love to see our players' art!

Thanks!
One-Eyed Jack I have a question on the Fan Art:

So I was thinking about posting some hand drawn pictures up on your website, but I was curious:

1.) Can I place my account name on the picture so that people know that I did it (I know real names aren't allowed for security reasons)?

2.) Is there a limit to the number of photos I can send to the email or to KI period? It's not like I would send 100 pictures but am I only allowed to send 1? Also can I send multiple pictures within 1 email or other emails over time?

3.) Lastly, is it cool if I were to work on a concept of a world yet to be released or already released just a new area (let's say Polaris and Monquista's second Skyway) just to give my idea on what it might look like or are all world concepts, companions/NPCs and any art work done on them KI only?

Administrator
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 27, 2013 wrote:
One-Eyed Jack I have a question on the Fan Art:

So I was thinking about posting some hand drawn pictures up on your website, but I was curious:

1.) Can I place my account name on the picture so that people know that I did it (I know real names aren't allowed for security reasons)?

2.) Is there a limit to the number of photos I can send to the email or to KI period? It's not like I would send 100 pictures but am I only allowed to send 1? Also can I send multiple pictures within 1 email or other emails over time?

3.) Lastly, is it cool if I were to work on a concept of a world yet to be released or already released just a new area (let's say Polaris and Monquista's second Skyway) just to give my idea on what it might look like or are all world concepts, companions/NPCs and any art work done on them KI only?
1) Placing your in-game character name is the only acceptable type of identifier (otherwise we will try our best to remove your PII)

2) Please send no more than three submissions at a time.

3) That's fine.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 06, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on May 28, 2013 wrote:
1) Placing your in-game character name is the only acceptable type of identifier (otherwise we will try our best to remove your PII)

2) Please send no more than three submissions at a time.

3) That's fine.
Ok. Thanks, One-Eyed Jack!

One little quickie question: would "three submissions at a time" mean like 3 pictures within 1 email or 3 picutres per monthly fan art? Either way is fine by me.