Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question on drop rates.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Its just a basic question. Do pirates who have more max level or near max level pirates have better drop rates? In my eternal pilgrimage to procure the mask of the Lord of the Amarda, a couple of pirates who already possess this magnificent mechanical marvel have volunteered to spend a considerable time in helping me also get the same reward. For that I thank them; the pirate101 community has been truly helpful for so many years. These pirates I speak of have all suggested that because they own many max level characters, the drops rates are generally better. However they are unsure of this and that is why I am asking an admin or a wise pirate to clarify this issue with me. For example I have a friend Tasha who has completed far less than a hundred runs of Kane and possesses multiple masks, where as I am on exactly 120 runs as I type this with no mask (yet). She also has every pirate (5 of them) at max level. Her example extends to friends who likewise have many max level pirates, but she is the most notable. The most amazing luck I have had in this dungeon so far is to get buccaneer steeds back to back. In a way I suppose it would make sense, pirates who spend time making characters instead of farming deserve a go at farming with better luck due to the time they invest in this game. And then there are those like me who devote myself to one pirate only. If it is a question of playtime I myself would have 2 or more pirates maxed but alas I only like my buckler. I myself have only one maxed pirate, this buckler I keep talking about, but I am sure 100 runs of Kane would suffice to having another max level character if I did invest time in making another pirate instead.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
Its just a basic question. Do pirates who have more max level or near max level pirates have better drop rates? In my eternal pilgrimage to procure the mask of the Lord of the Amarda, a couple of pirates who already possess this magnificent mechanical marvel have volunteered to spend a considerable time in helping me also get the same reward. For that I thank them; the pirate101 community has been truly helpful for so many years. These pirates I speak of have all suggested that because they own many max level characters, the drops rates are generally better. However they are unsure of this and that is why I am asking an admin or a wise pirate to clarify this issue with me. For example I have a friend Tasha who has completed far less than a hundred runs of Kane and possesses multiple masks, where as I am on exactly 120 runs as I type this with no mask (yet). She also has every pirate (5 of them) at max level. Her example extends to friends who likewise have many max level pirates, but she is the most notable. The most amazing luck I have had in this dungeon so far is to get buccaneer steeds back to back. In a way I suppose it would make sense, pirates who spend time making characters instead of farming deserve a go at farming with better luck due to the time they invest in this game. And then there are those like me who devote myself to one pirate only. If it is a question of playtime I myself would have 2 or more pirates maxed but alas I only like my buckler. I myself have only one maxed pirate, this buckler I keep talking about, but I am sure 100 runs of Kane would suffice to having another max level character if I did invest time in making another pirate instead.
Golden Guardian, I have 12 pirates at max level with maxed out crews and I have yet to receive a better chance at a drop because of this. When will the pirate players realize that there is NO way to manipulate drops or that KI would use a code that favors one player over another?
I'm still farming for certain items and haven't received them, but that's because of luck and the Random Numbers Generator.
The best ( & only ) way to get what you want is to KEEP ON FARMING!
The only reason to create another pirate is to see what that class offers and how the game is effected by your choices. And because this game is very fun and re-play-able.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lady Luck bestows her favors randomly. I have two max level pirates whose drop rates are no better or worse than average. Dedication to farming is the only key to receiving drops if Lady Luck is not looking your way. I think you have to take anyone's else's statement that they got a drop in 5 or 10 or 100 runs in the spirit it was given, as encouragement to keep trying.

Sorry,

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
Golden Guardian, I have 12 pirates at max level with maxed out crews and I have yet to receive a better chance at a drop because of this. When will the pirate players realize that there is NO way to manipulate drops or that KI would use a code that favors one player over another?
I'm still farming for certain items and haven't received them, but that's because of luck and the Random Numbers Generator.
The only reason to create another pirate is to see what that class offers and how the game is effected by your choices. And because this game is very fun and re-play-able.
Another reason to create another pirate (preferably 5 different class pirates) is to be able to use equipment you get that your first pirate can't use.

The game is definitely fun and re-playable!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for tellin me about this numbers generator, however if I may ask can you explain how this generator works? Also I think I have received the rarest drop from Kane- yes a drop so rare that Kane's mask probably has a higher chance of showing up than this one. The item I have recieved is a sword, an extremely powerful sword. Yep that's right, I got exactly what you are thinking about. This very powerful sword is known Kane's Greatswo- whoops actually it's the Yari. A level forty or forty five Yari for those in mooshu is dropped by Kane himself. What an odd rare drop. Thanks for the encouragement, I will keep on farming with my friends for a while still. And willowydrewm hopefully Lady Luck will show us some kindness soon with Kane's mask.

However I still have doubts on correlation of number of max level pirates and drop rates. Either they are just lucky or coding may actually favour them unbeknownst to us. Simply all of the people I have asked in regards to their Kane's Mask have more than one max pirate, and despite all my doubts and belief that drop rates are equal for all they keep insisting, no, instructing that I need another max character or a few for the mask to drop. I am torn now between those who say drop rates are equal no matter and those who say more pirates = better drop rates. If someone can link a case that where an admin actually states drop rates are equal in all cases that would be greatly appreciated as my doubts would be eased.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You can find the information you seek in these two posts:
Ratbeard help me dispel farming myths ( this is the post that started the "pat head, rub belly" for good luck. )
And
A question regarding rng and loot tables.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for tellin me about this numbers generator, however if I may ask can you explain how this generator works? Also I think I have received the rarest drop from Kane- yes a drop so rare that Kane's mask probably has a higher chance of showing up than this one. The item I have recieved is a sword, an extremely powerful sword. Yep that's right, I got exactly what you are thinking about. This very powerful sword is known Kane's Greatswo- whoops actually it's the Yari. A level forty or forty five Yari for those in mooshu is dropped by Kane himself. What an odd rare drop. Thanks for the encouragement, I will keep on farming with my friends for a while still. And willowydrewm hopefully Lady Luck will show us some kindness soon with Kane's mask.

However I still have doubts on correlation of number of max level pirates and drop rates. Either they are just lucky or coding may actually favour them unbeknownst to us. Simply all of the people I have asked in regards to their Kane's Mask have more than one max pirate, and despite all my doubts and belief that drop rates are equal for all they keep insisting, no, instructing that I need another max character or a few for the mask to drop. I am torn now between those who say drop rates are equal no matter and those who say more pirates = better drop rates. If someone can link a case that where an admin actually states drop rates are equal in all cases that would be greatly appreciated as my doubts would be eased.
Let me tell you about a great privateer and friend, Virtuous Dante Ramsey - he has one pirate and he has received Kane's Mask. This one example, therefore, destroys the "theory" of "more pirates = more loot".
Conversely, he would say you're lucky, as he has yet to get the buccaneer steed from Kane.

Post Edit, sorry, I meant to say "more pirates = better drop rate" in the above sentence.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I'll echo what Esperanza (Anecorbie) & Willow stated...it's all just random numbers & random luck.

I only have one maxed pirate & all of my other pirates are under level 23-- at least I think, it's been a while since I showed any of them some love. I believe that to this date I have received Kane's Mask 8+ times (in about 110 runs), but only 4 times legit-- meaning without using the second chance chest. I have sold 5+ of them & still have 3 scattered across my pirates' packs/banks. They were all acquired during solo runs & all with the same pirate. But I have always had really spectacular luck when it comes to RNG & drops (minus that first Clocktopus hybrid that took 43 morphing attempts). I received Blood's jacket 3 times (all legit) while farming him less than 10 times. I have heard of players still Flaming over not receiving it after 200+ runs. And likewise heard "first time" players/players celebrating as they received the Jacket in their very first run at ol' Captain Coagulate. In my case, I'd be inclined (and naive, as well) to feel that farming solo produces greater fortunes...but I know others who also farm exclusively solo & have had no such luck. Having more pirates or more maxed pirates has nothing to do with how lucky/unlucky a player is. (Though I do still wonder if coding is in place to at least improve/increase your chances/percentages as you hit "hidden milestones" that the programming tracks. Other games do it, so maybe P101 does as well...perhaps? Still random but slightly better odds as you go.)

So, as the others stated...it's all just pure luck & how the numbers roll. Some are more lucky than others, & more often. Some just can't seem to catch a break. And some are simply somewhere in the middle of the luck spectrum. But that's to be expected with the whole "randomness" thingy. Good thing is...there is no curse, hijinx or Hoodoo involved.

So at any given moment the numbers may roll in your favor & you may be the one with all the good fortune.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
I'll echo what Esperanza (Anecorbie) & Willow stated...it's all just random numbers & random luck.

I only have one maxed pirate & all of my other pirates are under level 23-- at least I think, it's been a while since I showed any of them some love. I believe that to this date I have received Kane's Mask 8+ times (in about 110 runs), but only 4 times legit-- meaning without using the second chance chest. I have sold 5+ of them & still have 3 scattered across my pirates' packs/banks. They were all acquired during solo runs & all with the same pirate. But I have always had really spectacular luck when it comes to RNG & drops (minus that first Clocktopus hybrid that took 43 morphing attempts). I received Blood's jacket 3 times (all legit) while farming him less than 10 times. I have heard of players still Flaming over not receiving it after 200+ runs. And likewise heard "first time" players/players celebrating as they received the Jacket in their very first run at ol' Captain Coagulate. In my case, I'd be inclined (and naive, as well) to feel that farming solo produces greater fortunes...but I know others who also farm exclusively solo & have had no such luck. Having more pirates or more maxed pirates has nothing to do with how lucky/unlucky a player is. (Though I do still wonder if coding is in place to at least improve/increase your chances/percentages as you hit "hidden milestones" that the programming tracks. Other games do it, so maybe P101 does as well...perhaps? Still random but slightly better odds as you go.)

So, as the others stated...it's all just pure luck & how the numbers roll. Some are more lucky than others, & more often. Some just can't seem to catch a break. And some are simply somewhere in the middle of the luck spectrum. But that's to be expected with the whole "randomness" thingy. Good thing is...there is no curse, hijinx or Hoodoo involved.

So at any given moment the numbers may roll in your favor & you may be the one with all the good fortune.
You won't believe what happened yesterday! These "hidden milestones" as you put it lead my friend to do the most amusing thing I have ever seen done by any pirate! He simply told us to port to his house after we finish the current Kane run as it was important. And so we did. We ported to a dark room, lit with dim candles all over. We were in a circle whose circumference was stones and Aquila statues facing us. At one particular point in the circle was a table with candles. Old scratch stood behind this table. It was at this moment Black Jack Silver proudly claimed:
"Welcome to my shrine of luck! The objective is simple, do the good luck dance in the circle for 7 seconds, then come to the table with scratch and dance for 7 seconds". This was supposed to give us blessing and good luck. Well it gave us brabanti bogans so I guess that's a start.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
You won't believe what happened yesterday! These "hidden milestones" as you put it lead my friend to do the most amusing thing I have ever seen done by any pirate! He simply told us to port to his house after we finish the current Kane run as it was important. And so we did. We ported to a dark room, lit with dim candles all over. We were in a circle whose circumference was stones and Aquila statues facing us. At one particular point in the circle was a table with candles. Old scratch stood behind this table. It was at this moment Black Jack Silver proudly claimed:
"Welcome to my shrine of luck! The objective is simple, do the good luck dance in the circle for 7 seconds, then come to the table with scratch and dance for 7 seconds". This was supposed to give us blessing and good luck. Well it gave us brabanti bogans so I guess that's a start.
And another myth is born ( at least this one won't have the players demanding that other follow their "rules"! )

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Hilarious! Maybe I need to make my own "shrine of luck".