Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

a few louis le bisque questions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Louis le bisque is one of my favorite companions. I have a few questions about him.

1. So louis is from Valencia right? If he is then how does he have that really heavy French accent? Also why are there no crabs in Valencia at all except for the crab hermit?

2. When the character was being developed, why did you want him to be so chunky? And why the name 'louis le bisque'?

3. Can there be sidequests for each companion so we can learn more about their past?

4. Where exactly was he raised? I know Polaris is about French and Russian things but still I wanna know.

5. How did the character develop?

Thank you for answering these questions if you do.

Loyal Zane Bowman lvl 42
Black Wolf Bowman lvl 61

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Also why are there no crabs in Valencia at all except for the crab hermit?
----------

I can answer this question. It's because you didn't see the entire area of Valencia. There's definitely some crabs in the other sky ways of Valencia.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
CoolRebon on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
----------

I can answer this question. It's because you didn't see the entire area of Valencia. There's definitely some crabs in the other sky ways of Valencia.
I know that, but when will Valencia part 2 come out? It's so short.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Louis le bisque is one of my favorite companions. I have a few questions about him.

1. So louis is from Valencia right? If he is then how does he have that really heavy French accent? Also why are there no crabs in Valencia at all except for the crab hermit?

2. When the character was being developed, why did you want him to be so chunky? And why the name 'louis le bisque'?

3. Can there be sidequests for each companion so we can learn more about their past?

4. Where exactly was he raised? I know Polaris is about French and Russian things but still I wanna know.

Loyal Zane Bowman lvl 42
Black Wolf Bowman lvl 61
I have Birgus Latro as one of my companions and he is also from Valencia, he doesn't speak like a Valencian either. "Le Bisque" refers to French cuisine as in Lobster bisque, I believe one of the ingredients is a heavy cream.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
I know that, but when will Valencia part 2 come out? It's so short.
I can't answer that.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
3. Can there be side quests for each companion so we can learn more about their past?

You're asking about promotion quests. Many of the main companions have these, Louis included. Blind Mew has addressed this topic several times. I believe he said that there were simply to many companions for all of them to promote, at least with quests.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Melody Fisher on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
3. Can there be side quests for each companion so we can learn more about their past?

You're asking about promotion quests. Many of the main companions have these, Louis included. Blind Mew has addressed this topic several times. I believe he said that there were simply to many companions for all of them to promote, at least with quests.
Not promotion quests, it's an idea I have that your companion gives you side quest and you go to their homeland and stuff, when you're done with it you get companion training points.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
I have Birgus Latro as one of my companions and he is also from Valencia, he doesn't speak like a Valencian either. "Le Bisque" refers to French cuisine as in Lobster bisque, I believe one of the ingredients is a heavy cream.
I knew about the bisque thing, but it's just so silly to have that in a name. Birgus is from Valencia? That's unbelievable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
I knew about the bisque thing, but it's just so silly to have that in a name. Birgus is from Valencia? That's unbelievable.
Lol silliness is the whole point.

Developer
----------

When we return to Valencia, you'll find Crabs are quite plentiful there.

And yeah, logic often takes a back seat to a good joke. If you must have a consistent story reason, I figure Crabs were an important part of the Valencian Army before the rise of the Armada. During the early stages of the Polarian War, Louis' parents were taken prisoner by the penguins, and Louis himself was smuggled out as a young crabling and raised in secret by some radical anti-monarchist Penguins. Later on, after napoleguin's defeat, he made his way back to Valencia, and finally ended up in Skull Island. Hence his accent.

Seriously, it's a little late to object to silliness in names...

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010

Loyal Zane Bowman lvl 42
Black Wolf Bowman lvl 61
These are some of my answers...

1. Yes, he is from Valencia. I'm sure that he mentions at least twice in the game that he is (it may be more times).

2. I don't know.

3. I don't know, again.

4. This is about the same question asked the first time, Valencia, I think Silvia. I am confused if Polaris is based off of Russia or Antarctica. The name "Polaris" defiantly alludes to "The North Pole", or "Antarctica".

5. I also don't know.

Sorry if I was being more of a detriment to your questions than an aid.

Strong Andy Armstrong, lvl. 65 Privateer
Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Blind Mew on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
When we return to Valencia, you'll find Crabs are quite plentiful there.

And yeah, logic often takes a back seat to a good joke. If you must have a consistent story reason, I figure Crabs were an important part of the Valencian Army before the rise of the Armada. During the early stages of the Polarian War, Louis' parents were taken prisoner by the penguins, and Louis himself was smuggled out as a young crabling and raised in secret by some radical anti-monarchist Penguins. Later on, after napoleguin's defeat, he made his way back to Valencia, and finally ended up in Skull Island. Hence his accent.

Seriously, it's a little late to object to silliness in names...
Can you do a rogue's gallery on him? :D

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
These are some of my answers...

1. Yes, he is from Valencia. I'm sure that he mentions at least twice in the game that he is (it may be more times).

2. I don't know.

3. I don't know, again.

4. This is about the same question asked the first time, Valencia, I think Silvia. I am confused if Polaris is based off of Russia or Antarctica. The name "Polaris" defiantly alludes to "The North Pole", or "Antarctica".

5. I also don't know.

Sorry if I was being more of a detriment to your questions than an aid.

To answer #4:

'Polaris' alludes to the North, and generally cold and snowy areas such as Russia and/or Canada. It hosts three races: the Penguins, the Polar Bears, and the Walruses. The last two represent the Russian people and the Russian Tsardom. The Penguins represent Frenchmen during the Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011

Loyal Zane Bowman lvl 42
Black Wolf Bowman lvl 61
1. The accent makes him stand out more from the other companions. We have only explored some of Valencia, I bet there are more skyways and places, with more crabs and possibly unicorns too. As for his accent, Blind Mew explained that he was smuggled by penguins.

2. I think this was done to add characteristics and to help make him more memorable, like every other companion :P, well, not sure, but whenever someone says that name I always know who they are talking about, in my opinion it matches his personality.

3. I agree with you with this one, we learn about only the main characters stories really, I enjoyed helping Ratbeard turn the tide, Bonnie Anne becoming a musketeer to a highlander, Kan Po becoming a master, Birgus Latro becoming an ally to the queen, Bat Masterson proving his heroism to the eagles of Aquila, Mormo becoming an Obeah, El Toro learning about the Samoorai and Old Scratch learning more about his past, I find it very interest, for what kind of captain are we, if we don't know nothin' bout' our own crew?

4. I would say Valencia, I don't really see any crabs anywhere apart from Valencia, except for Scuttles, who I bet we will meet again at some point.

5. Not sure how to answer the last one

I hope we learn more about the characters and worlds, I love to play the game, but what I really love is learning about all the things in the game :D

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
To answer #4:

'Polaris' alludes to the North, and generally cold and snowy areas such as Russia and/or Canada. It hosts three races: the Penguins, the Polar Bears, and the Walruses. The last two represent the Russian people and the Russian Tsardom. The Penguins represent Frenchmen during the Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars.
i know.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
1. The accent makes him stand out more from the other companions. We have only explored some of Valencia, I bet there are more skyways and places, with more crabs and possibly unicorns too. As for his accent, Blind Mew explained that he was smuggled by penguins.

2. I think this was done to add characteristics and to help make him more memorable, like every other companion :P, well, not sure, but whenever someone says that name I always know who they are talking about, in my opinion it matches his personality.

3. I agree with you with this one, we learn about only the main characters stories really, I enjoyed helping Ratbeard turn the tide, Bonnie Anne becoming a musketeer to a highlander, Kan Po becoming a master, Birgus Latro becoming an ally to the queen, Bat Masterson proving his heroism to the eagles of Aquila, Mormo becoming an Obeah, El Toro learning about the Samoorai and Old Scratch learning more about his past, I find it very interest, for what kind of captain are we, if we don't know nothin' bout' our own crew?

4. I would say Valencia, I don't really see any crabs anywhere apart from Valencia, except for Scuttles, who I bet we will meet again at some point.

5. Not sure how to answer the last one

I hope we learn more about the characters and worlds, I love to play the game, but what I really love is learning about all the things in the game :D
now that i think about it, louis was still young when he got captured by penguins, he must've learned how to speak their way.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
To answer #4:

First off, if you'd notice I'm not arguing (to prove it I yarred your post). Second off, this'd make sense because I recall that Napoleguin keeps mentioning his victories, and his "alluded" figure obviously known as Napoleon had a rather significant victory in the Battle of Austerlitz (Gortez and Catbeard also mention that he is a champion quite a few times). This would also make sense because the Tsardom of Russia had wealth, as a person's common inheritance; or also known as attributes. In the story it mentions that Napoleguin was a shipping clerk before he was a naval man, which also applies to the real root of his allusion, Napoleon (Pirate101 is accurately educational).This shows wealth because in a poor city/town/subdivision/state/country/continent, a common job would be a slave or farmer. I will state this, Valencia most likely applies/alludes to Valence, which "NAPOLEON" had a big role in. I would like to suggest something to KingsIsle, I would add characters that would advert Augustin, and Robespirre.

One more thing, all of these details. I would think that "The Great History Expert Blind Mew" could back us up on all of these facts.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
----------

i know.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
First off, if you'd notice I'm not arguing (to prove it I yarred your post). Second off, this'd make sense because I recall that Napoleguin keeps mentioning his victories, and his "alluded" figure obviously known as Napoleon had a rather significant victory in the Battle of Austerlitz (Gortez and Catbeard also mention that he is a champion quite a few times). This would also make sense because the Tsardom of Russia had wealth, as a person's common inheritance; or also known as attributes. In the story it mentions that Napoleguin was a shipping clerk before he was a naval man, which also applies to the real root of his allusion, Napoleon (Pirate101 is accurately educational).This shows wealth because in a poor city/town/subdivision/state/country/continent, a common job would be a slave or farmer. I will state this, Valencia most likely applies/alludes to Valence, which "NAPOLEON" had a big role in. I would like to suggest something to KingsIsle, I would add characters that would advert Augustin, and Robespirre.

One more thing, all of these details. I would think that "The Great History Expert Blind Mew" could back us up on all of these facts.

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just saying I know about Polaris and that stuff you said.