Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
I have a quest to upgrade rate beard but I can't do it because I need to talk to cat beard ,but my main quest is when cat beard is in jail in marlybone, so I can't talk to cat beard so I can't upgrade rat beard! What do I do!!!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Leegrace on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
I have a quest to upgrade rate beard but I can't do it because I need to talk to cat beard ,but my main quest is when cat beard is in jail in marlybone, so I can't talk to cat beard so I can't upgrade rat beard! What do I do!!!
You just have to keep on questing and put that quest on a back burner for a while. Occasions like this will arise where you have a quest destination you don't have access to, or a character you need to speak with that for one reason or another is not yet available. Eventually you'll gain access to those areas and people.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
Technically I have access to cat beard but im on the quest when cat beard is in jail in marlybone and after that quest he becomes part of my crew. So he isn't on his boat so I can't talk to him. Will I ever be able to talk to him or will the quest forever be in my quest log and never be finished?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Leegrace on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Technically I have access to cat beard but im on the quest when cat beard is in jail in marlybone and after that quest he becomes part of my crew. So he isn't on his boat so I can't talk to him. Will I ever be able to talk to him or will the quest forever be in my quest log and never be finished?
Believe me, it will eventually all work out. It might seem a bit convoluted but in the end you'll be able to speak with him. This isn't the only time when you'll have a quest goal that is, for whatever reason, unattainable. There are several quests where you need to speak with someone or retrieve an item in Cool Ranch, Mooshu or Marleybone when you don't even have the correct winstone to get there. You just have to wait it out.