Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Your Hardest Battle

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
Ooh I just remember something. Do ye guys remember the dungeon "Volcano!" at the end of Skull Island? Well, at the end of it ye have to fight a boss called Chumba Wumba before ye get to Gunn's treasure. Though I never lost the battle, I did lose all 3 companions. Chumba Wumba certainly gave me a run for me treasure!
Before the re-vamp of the Blood Shoals quest line most players were doing that dungeon at level 10, now its level 12.
I remember the first time I went through it - I forgot to collect the "funky bunch"! I had to re-do the whole dungeon, man, those lava fish were horrible!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Skull Island: I don't remember having too much trouble here, altough I do remember having to team up with someone else at the time to finish the Presidio

Monquista:N O T H I N G

Valencia: N O T H, ok I should stop this

Cool Ranch: The Darkmoor ships made me quit the game for months, also Deacon was really tough, there were some other battles that are not as notable

Mooshu: The first dungeon where you have to raid the governor and give the gold supply to the villagers

Marleybone: Bishop had me tripping

Aquila: The manticores and high level ophidians were a pain

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
Aquila gave me the toughest time, and it's not because of the Hydra (which I didn't have too much trouble with)... The regular enemies alone gave me a run for my money. The Harpies, the Ettins, the Ophidian Warriors, the Vulture Pirates, and especially the Manticores. I think my hardest battle was when Bat Masterson and I had to fight the Dread Manticore by ourselves and it had one - or two (I can't remember...) minions with him. This was way back when Aquila first came out.

It's actually pretty funny that Aquila is my favorite world, despite the fact it was a total nightmare for my main pirate.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2008
6
Metal Guardian back as a buccaneer when mooshu was the last world. Even with all my companions doing well, it was a slug fest, me against the Metal Guardian. We were trading shot for shot until finally I managed to kill him.

Second hardest would have to be Satyr's my all buccaneer team decided to leave their accuracy back in Illios and missed for a couple turns in a row while we were decimated by Witchdoctor group criticals.

Next would have to be buffaloons in cool ranch. I died so many times! All i wanted was some of their hide! It was a collect quest and I decided to try out some new companions because it's easy, right? WRONG I failed miserably and had to switch companions multiple times lol, generally fights were easy for my buck, this time... they were not :(

Lastly I have to say the one time my entire team left and I solo'd the Nef5... It took like 10 tries and when I finished I could nada 0;

P101 is a pretty easy game to solo and these honestly are the only parts that were hard for me.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
102
The stingtails on my swashbuckler. I must have done that at least 20 times until a friend randomly ported to me and helped me kill them.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
I could basically solo the game (well not counting Aquila as I stop as soon as I reach 65) with all my 3 pirates, except one battle: General Tso and his chicken :/

This week I did it on my musk lvl 43, and I actually managed for the first time! Though I had used 5 summons from doubloons lol.

And yeah, I killed almost everyone, forgot to walk next to chicken again :/

That "threaten chicken" goal isnt very clear, to be honest.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
214
So far I have to go with the Metal Guardian. It wasn't that he was all that tough but I fought him incorrectly and ended up with my companions separated when I opened the final series of bars. All companions AND maxed pet perished in the battle but my WD managed to survive with about 100 health to spare.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Silver Angel on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
I could basically solo the game (well not counting Aquila as I stop as soon as I reach 65) with all my 3 pirates, except one battle: General Tso and his chicken :/

This week I did it on my musk lvl 43, and I actually managed for the first time! Though I had used 5 summons from doubloons lol.

And yeah, I killed almost everyone, forgot to walk next to chicken again :/

That "threaten chicken" goal isnt very clear, to be honest.
It's not the first "threaten ( animal )" we've had. In the Monquista Sewer Drains, we had to threaten a Bloodbat. That one had an arrow to point where you needed to stand, maybe KI should add something similar?
I will say, I was never confused by the directions.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
It's not the first "threaten ( animal )" we've had. In the Monquista Sewer Drains, we had to threaten a Bloodbat. That one had an arrow to point where you needed to stand, maybe KI should add something similar?
I will say, I was never confused by the directions.
Yes, I remember both of those encounter. Personally, I like variation in battle objectives. Makes the game more interesting, ya know?
Connor Bowman,

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
It's not the first "threaten ( animal )" we've had. In the Monquista Sewer Drains, we had to threaten a Bloodbat. That one had an arrow to point where you needed to stand, maybe KI should add something similar?
I will say, I was never confused by the directions.
Yeah now that you mention it, I remember the bloodbat.

But between Monquista and Mooshu, a lot of time can flow... so yeah when I got the the chicken the first time I totally didnt think about the bloodbat :/

And by the time I do chicken for the second time (on my 2nd pirate) even more time passed and I forgot again eh.

And well you know what happened the third time...

Yup I suppose an arrow again wouldnt hurt :)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
223
Instead of one battle I will pick s whole dungeon. The one where you have to steal a windstone to marleybone. It started out Ok but then it throws alot of things at you and I almost ran out of companions so near the end I was using really low level companions. Luckily though I was able to beat this dungeon first try.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Pirate101 fan on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
Instead of one battle I will pick s whole dungeon. The one where you have to steal a windstone to marleybone. It started out Ok but then it throws alot of things at you and I almost ran out of companions so near the end I was using really low level companions. Luckily though I was able to beat this dungeon first try.
That was Fort Basset and its a good indicator of the difficulties facing the player going into Marleybone for the first time.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
Red Pirate on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I'd have to say, when I was lower-leveled, that The Presidio was one of my hardest battles. I legit had to have a max-leveled friend help me out . But if you were talking about higher levels, I think I'd have to go with that battle before you go to MB... The one that didn't make sense because a crazy yak with shades () was teleporting around? Forgot the name of that boss lol. Anyway, I had to do that one a couple of times
.
Huh... I don't remember the presidio being all that hard. I might've lost a few companions, but the Presidio was one of the battles I didn't have to call for help. Then again, I've only played as a privateer and swashbuckler, so it might have been difficult for other classes.

Cruel Connor Bowman,
Wicked Aaron Brewster,

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
223
Actually I take my last pick back. I now choose the final battle of moo manchu tower. I still haven't beaten it yet although I have only tried three times.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
44
Red Pirate on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I'd have to say, when I was lower-leveled, that The Presidio was one of my hardest battles. I legit had to have a max-leveled friend help me out . But if you were talking about higher levels, I think I'd have to go with that battle before you go to MB... The one that didn't make sense because a crazy yak with shades () was teleporting around? Forgot the name of that boss lol. Anyway, I had to do that one a couple of times
.
Yeah when my friend was level 10 he was failing on the presidio and I had to help him I was level 28. Oh, by the way, my hardest boss yet is English bill, the duck of death.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
44
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 10, 2016 wrote:
Ooh I just remember something. Do ye guys remember the dungeon "Volcano!" at the end of Skull Island? Well, at the end of it ye have to fight a boss called Chumba Wumba before ye get to Gunn's treasure. Though I never lost the battle, I did lose all 3 companions. Chumba Wumba certainly gave me a run for me treasure!
chumba wumba is very easy only if you destroy the idols quickly.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
SuperPirate893 on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
chumba wumba is very easy only if you destroy the idols quickly.
Swashbucklers like me never do great against privateer enemies, especially those that can heal themselves.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
19
Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
Manticores.. Ettins.. Ew.

Armada Dragoons? Unlimited Steely Resolve.. Gross.

Anyone agree?

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
46
Guys that Hydra was the hardest ever for me the first time I tried it. To be fair I was still pretty much a noob back then and tried to do it solo too many times to count because my "friends" at the time wouldn't help me because it was "suicide". This was right after the Secret Trainers update so I had Cheap Shot and I also had Manticore's Sting which grants Repel Boarders and this was on my not yet max buckler so every time I would hide a head would move and i would attack it taking away my hidden so... Anyway I finally maxed out ,got the Nefarious Knives, and got a friend to help and it was so easy!

So that is the story of my hardest battle,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 /Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65/ Lvl 59

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
FISH THIEF on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Guys that Hydra was the hardest ever for me the first time I tried it. To be fair I was still pretty much a noob back then and tried to do it solo too many times to count because my "friends" at the time wouldn't help me because it was "suicide". This was right after the Secret Trainers update so I had Cheap Shot and I also had Manticore's Sting which grants Repel Boarders and this was on my not yet max buckler so every time I would hide a head would move and i would attack it taking away my hidden so... Anyway I finally maxed out ,got the Nefarious Knives, and got a friend to help and it was so easy!

So that is the story of my hardest battle,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 /Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65/ Lvl 59
Welcome to the message boards Fish Thief! Oh yes, that Hydra is a difficult challenge, kudos on finally defeating it!

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
43
For some reason, when i got to the hydra, I soloed it on my first try! So that one wasn't so hard for me.

But on to my hardest battles... I remember one time , WAY back in Cool Ranch, on just a regular banditoad ship, none of my companions could hit them! I was by myself, had about 30 health, and he had overwatch. So i laid a trap and ran around for 15 minutes until he FINALLY walked in it and I won!

On my musket, Shadow Fortress took me three times to do. (But you gotta love pork shadow!)

And Anne, I totally agree with you on the pre-updated Stormzilla. I did almost the same thing with the banditoad. I laid fire and ran around till he got down to half health, and finally won.

And finally, the Harpies. When I first got to Aquila, I wasn't expecting a huge increase in accuracy and damage! Caught me by surprise! They gave me trouble down the road as well, throughout Aquila.

Well, that's my list. Good topic idea Blaze!

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
FISH THIEF on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Guys that Hydra was the hardest ever for me the first time I tried it. To be fair I was still pretty much a noob back then and tried to do it solo too many times to count because my "friends" at the time wouldn't help me because it was "suicide". This was right after the Secret Trainers update so I had Cheap Shot and I also had Manticore's Sting which grants Repel Boarders and this was on my not yet max buckler so every time I would hide a head would move and i would attack it taking away my hidden so... Anyway I finally maxed out ,got the Nefarious Knives, and got a friend to help and it was so easy!

So that is the story of my hardest battle,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 /Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65/ Lvl 59
Swashies and Hydras never mix.

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
46
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Swashies and Hydras never mix.
Yep and on all of my other pirates i have never had much trouble. Course though I had friends and did side quests till I was a max and used max weapons so the odds were stacked in my favor. But I haven't tried it on my Privateer yet but I don't expect much trouble, especially if i bring a friend and maybe Old Scratch?

Till the next really hard battle,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 /Lvl 65/ Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 60

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
Speaking of which, Fish Thief, what extreme battles would you hate too face in the future updates? I already have a few in mind....(Kane -cough-)