Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your favorite FUN battle

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
What is your favorite battle to do for fun? The one fight you still go back and do one more time just because - even though you are now well above appropriate level for it. Hands down mine is the Hydra in Aquila. Mostly because it was different and challenging from the usual grinding. Which battles are your faves?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sam Underhill on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
What is your favorite battle to do for fun? The one fight you still go back and do one more time just because - even though you are now well above appropriate level for it. Hands down mine is the Hydra in Aquila. Mostly because it was different and challenging from the usual grinding. Which battles are your faves?
Yes, Hydra is one of the best to repeat, I always join a team up for him.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Great topic! My favorite fun battle would probably be, in my opinion, one of the most creative battles ever - the Stupendor X/Stormzilla fight. I loved getting in that big robot (if anyone has seen Pacific Rim, it reminds me of a Jaeger ) and fighting the huge Stormzilla.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lo Pan is also good fun! I usually use a girl team for him, but sometimes other combos like an all unicorn team.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't know that I'd call the Hydra battle "fun" per se, but I do select it if I see someone in Team Up for it. I don't go back and do Stormzilla all that often, but it is kind of fun.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
This may sound a little crazy, but I really love the battle of the Nefarious Five in Moo Manchu's Tower. The challenges of each of the combatants really keeps you on your toes. Faye especially makes you hold your breath every time she casts her 'charm', and if she is successful, the results might be horrifying... but strangely hilarious too.

And I never tire of the dialog before the fight: as the tension builds, you and your crew growing more horrified and fascinated, Ratbeard takes a look at the practicality (if not the ethics) of the evil temptation. That always makes me laugh!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Any of the Temple bosses in Mooshu. Absolutely love the animations, the characters themselves, the speed of farming those bosses and the drops they give. (not to mention the art/environment in Mooshu is outstanding)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Lo Pan is also good fun! I usually use a girl team for him, but sometimes other combos like an all unicorn team.
Yessss, I love the Lo Pan fight! I just fought him on my Buccaneer also (like, yesterday ), and I have the lines memorized from when you enter the Dungeon, since I Farmed him for so long. XD

"The jig is up, Lo Pan. The Monks of the Crimson Lotus send their regards!" - Monkey King
"Who are these people, friends of yours? This really infuriates me to no end!" - Lo Pan

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Not a battle per se, but I do love doing the Stupendor-X thing.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Not a battle per se, but I do love doing the Stupendor-X thing.
I think it technically is a battle... At least in my opinion. I mean, it's the same battle grid and everything. *shrugs* It's really fun, though.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I just had a thought about this topic and and realized that I should mention that I find nautical battles quite fun. If I don't have a lot of time and just want to spend some time in-game, I'll head to a skyway, like Port Regal or Westminster, and look for people who need help sinking ships.

Farming boss ships in the skyways is also something I'll do from time to time, looking for the rare ship equipment, either for my own lower-levels or to sell in the Bazaar.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I'll give this a go.

Stupendor-X: currently the only battle to involve a true polymorph. Krampus doesn't qualify as such because it is, in essence, a fancy stun.

The Nefarious 5: Very interesting tactic. The possibility of switching to the other team is intriguing.

Gortez: Quite a dynamic and plot line. I like it.

Valvida Brothers: Love the backstory on this one.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Lookit Light on Jan 10, 2019 wrote:
I'll give this a go.

Stupendor-X: currently the only battle to involve a true polymorph. Krampus doesn't qualify as such because it is, in essence, a fancy stun.

The Nefarious 5: Very interesting tactic. The possibility of switching to the other team is intriguing.

Gortez: Quite a dynamic and plot line. I like it.

Valvida Brothers: Love the backstory on this one.
Ooh, I definitely agree about the Valvida Brothers. They are very fun, and... Well... You feel a liiiittle bad for them. Just a little.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I personally enjoyed the fight with rooke. Which may sound odd to hear from a . But it a great way to actually strategize rather than point and shoot. And the aspect of playing body guard to Nelson makes it harder but more fun.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
The first battle that I enjoyed was Duck of Death, on my Musket wielding the Pearl Handed Peacekeepers (I think that's what they're called) being a fan of old westerns, the final "showdown" of cool ranch was fun and didn't disappoint

Rooke is another, forcing him to go through traps to reach Nelson is a good addition to it, and not using musket comps made it a fun challenge

Deacons first, the badge "Avenged" speaks for itself.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I like that fight really early on in the Vortex of Doom where you defend Brody the pelican. It's one of the first fights that can be very challenging, since the sharks can easily get the fisherbird to near-death.

I like the fight with Deacon in the Motherload Mine. Fun battle-board and toys to play around with.

I enjoy the Kane fight because of all the chess references, and all of the unique features of the fight. It is also a worthy conclusion to that Armada arc. An excellent challenge.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Even though i was almost at max when doing my first ever run of Hydra, it was an exhilirating experience. All my crewmembers were down and it was just me left at a poxy amount of HP. Luckily, Ebon poppped up at just the right time.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
In an early Moo Manchu quest, one fight was where you had to ring a gong before you could hit the enemy statues. This is one of my most frustrating / fun fights - watching El Toro (among others) waste hit after hit with their extra attacks. It feels SOOO good after winning this one.