Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Wizard101 and Pirate101 Timeline Theory

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
349
About 3 years ago, one of the first posts I made was a theory about the wizard and pirate timeline. It is a horrible and disgusting theory that makes me cringe when I look back on it, so I come here today to fix that. The purpose of this theory is to find a synthesis between the events of wizard101 and pirate101 so that the timeline does not make me bang my head against a wall. I will be looking at 3 main events in the spiral to come to my conclusion of what the gap between the 2 games is. These being: 1) Meowiarty's defeat and imprisonment, 2) the sickness of Emperor Yoshihito, and 3) a few of the supposed plot holes in the spiral timeline.

The first and second points have minor spoilers for both games, while the third includes major spoilers for both Wizard101 and Pirate101.

Time passed will be expressed through levels gained. This will make more sense later. I will also be assuming the character does not over level.

1) Meowiarty's defeat and imprisonment

On the Wizard101 side of things, our wizard defeats Meowiarty at around level 30.

On the Pirate101 side, we hear from Meowiarty that his grand plan was to get into prison to avoid the impending war between Marleybone and Monquista. We first witness full out war at around level 50 in Pirate101, so it would be safe to assume that Meowiarty would need to be in prison by about 5 levels before, or level 45.

Conclusion:
Wizard101's level 30 happens before Pirate's level 45.

2) The sickness of Emperor Yoshihito

In Wizard101, we chase Malistaire out of Marleybone and into Mooshu, where he casts a spell on the emperor as he flees to Dragonspyre. This event occurs at the same time as Meowiarty's defeat, putting it at about Wizard level 30. The emperor is healed by about level 40.

In Pirate101, we arrive in Mooshu to find that the emperor is under Malistaire's curse. This is where the timeline gets a little weird. Pirate101's worlds are not 10 level blocks like Wizard101, so dating events can be more challenging. Pirate101 Mooshu is about 13 levels long, give or take. We first hear about the emperor's sickness, however, at about level 40. In wizard101, the emperor's sickness lasts for 10 levels. If we apply 10 levels here, that would mean the emperor's sickness would last from a little before level 40 to a little before level 50. As a hypothetical, I will use the dates level 37 to level 47. "But wait," I hear you saying, "That doesn't make sense! How would the pirate not have heard of the emperor's revival in those last 3 levels? And how can these dates even make sense in relation to the events of wiz?" Both of these are valid questions. But, to both I have a response.

a) Pirate101 Mooshu is on the "outskirts" of the world. "Imperial Skyway", as Mew calls it, is a separate part of Mooshu. Thus, it would not be too great of a leap in logic to assume that word had not yet spread to our area of Mooshu of the emperor's revival.
b) We can check the 37 - 47 dates against my first points. I am proposing here an about 7 - 10 level gap between wiz and pirate. The theory requires wizard level 30 to happen before pirate level 45. At the lowest estimate, wizard level 30 occurs at the time of Pirate level 37, and, at the highest, wizard level 30 occurs at the time of Pirate level 40. Both of these dates work with the requirement.

3) I'll talk about 2 "plot holes" here. 1) Xol Amul and 2) The infamous Bonnie promo

a) Xol Amul can be explained pretty easily. Using the dating system about. Pirate level 5 would happen at the same time as wizard level -3 - -5(?), before out wizards creation! My explanation for this would be that the aztecosours were fleeing in fear of the long prophesied Xibalba and Umbra Queen. They do not necessarily need to be fleeing nigh-immanent doom.

b) Book 15 can easily explain Deacon being about to show up after his defeat, due to the introduction of copies of elites. This is not necessarily a problem with the grander Pirate-Wizard timeline, but more a flaw with the pirate timeline that I wanted to point out and address.

That concludes my theory. I'm really putting that new word count to use, hehe.

Anyway, using the assumed 7-1, I thought I'd post some fun facts.

1) At Kane's defeat, our wizard is about level 60 - 63 and has just discovered astral magic and is moving into Zafaria.

2) At Malistaire's defeat, our Pirate has entered Aquila.

3) At the end of Empyrea part 2, our Pirate is presumably level 137 - 140 and has powers far beyond our comprehension.

Feel free to leave your thoughts below and point out any flaws in the theory.

See you in the Spiral!
Alex the Pirate

Edit: A word

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Alex the Pirate on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
About 3 years ago, one of the first posts I made was a theory about the wizard and pirate timeline. It is a horrible and disgusting theory that makes me cringe when I look back on it, so I come here today to fix that. The purpose of this theory is to find a synthesis between the events of wizard101 and pirate101 so that the timeline does not make me bang my head against a wall. I will be looking at 3 main events in the spiral to come to my conclusion of what the gap between the 2 games is. These being: 1) Meowiarty's defeat and imprisonment, 2) the sickness of Emperor Yoshihito, and 3) a few of the supposed plot holes in the spiral timeline.

The first and second points have minor spoilers for both games, while the third includes major spoilers for both Wizard101 and Pirate101.

Time passed will be expressed through levels gained. This will make more sense later. I will also be assuming the character does not over level.

1) Meowiarty's defeat and imprisonment

On the Wizard101 side of things, our wizard defeats Meowiarty at around level 30.

On the Pirate101 side, we hear from Meowiarty that his grand plan was to get into prison to avoid the impending war between Marleybone and Monquista. We first witness full out war at around level 50 in Pirate101, so it would be safe to assume that Meowiarty would need to be in prison by about 5 levels before, or level 45.

Conclusion:
Wizard101's level 30 happens before Pirate's level 45.

2) The sickness of Emperor Yoshihito

In Wizard101, we chase Malistaire out of Marleybone and into Mooshu, where he casts a spell on the emperor as he flees to Dragonspyre. This event occurs at the same time as Meowiarty's defeat, putting it at about Wizard level 30. The emperor is healed by about level 40.

In Pirate101, we arrive in Mooshu to find that the emperor is under Malistaire's curse. This is where the timeline gets a little weird. Pirate101's worlds are not 10 level blocks like Wizard101, so dating events can be more challenging. Pirate101 Mooshu is about 13 levels long, give or take. We first hear about the emperor's sickness, however, at about level 40. In wizard101, the emperor's sickness lasts for 10 levels. If we apply 10 levels here, that would mean the emperor's sickness would last from a little before level 40 to a little before level 50. As a hypothetical, I will use the dates level 37 to level 47. "But wait," I hear you saying, "That doesn't make sense! How would the pirate not have heard of the emperor's revival in those last 3 levels? And how can these dates even make sense in relation to the events of wiz?" Both of these are valid questions. But, to both I have a response.

a) Pirate101 Mooshu is on the "outskirts" of the world. "Imperial Skyway", as Mew calls it, is a separate part of Mooshu. Thus, it would not be too great of a leap in logic to assume that word had not yet spread to our area of Mooshu of the emperor's revival.
b) We can check the 37 - 47 dates against my first points. I am proposing here an about 7 - 10 level gap between wiz and pirate. The theory requires wizard level 30 to happen before pirate level 45. At the lowest estimate, wizard level 30 occurs at the time of Pirate level 37, and, at the highest, wizard level 30 occurs at the time of Pirate level 40. Both of these dates work with the requirement.

3) I'll talk about 2 "plot holes" here. 1) Xol Amul and 2) The infamous Bonnie promo

a) Xol Amul can be explained pretty easily. Using the dating system about. Pirate level 5 would happen at the same time as wizard level -3 - -5(?), before out wizards creation! My explanation for this would be that the aztecosours were fleeing in fear of the long prophesied Xibalba and Umbra Queen. They do not necessarily need to be fleeing nigh-immanent doom.

b) Book 15 can easily explain Deacon being about to show up after his defeat, due to the introduction of copies of elites. This is not necessarily a problem with the grander Pirate-Wizard timeline, but more a flaw with the pirate timeline that I wanted to point out and address.

That concludes my theory. I'm really putting that new word count to use, hehe.

Anyway, using the assumed 7-1, I thought I'd post some fun facts.

1) At Kane's defeat, our wizard is about level 60 - 63 and has just discovered astral magic and is moving into Zafaria.

2) At Malistaire's defeat, our Pirate has entered Aquila.

3) At the end of Empyrea part 2, our Pirate is presumably level 137 - 140 and has powers far beyond our comprehension.

Feel free to leave your thoughts below and point out any flaws in the theory.

See you in the Spiral!
Alex the Pirate

Edit: A word
The only problem with your theory is Bonnie's Promotion. IF players are doing this promotion at the appropriate level ( and NOT neglecting it ) then there is no need to wonder why Deacon is there, Deacon is still alive and we defeat him in the Motherlode Mine after Bonnie's promotion.

It's only those players who do Bonnie's promotion out of order that the "timeline" jars.
This also includes those who wait to promote Ratbeard for his second promotion, where he has to talk to Catbeard. But, oh no! Catbeard is in prison! Well, then you must release Catbeard to promote Ratbeard.
Blind Mew never considered that players would neglect to promote such important companions like Bonnie or RB.

Now, I would give anything to hear Blind Mew's explanation of the Penguin Revolution and the rise of Napoliguin!
Post Edit: About Meowiarty; you actually believed him when he said he had planned this? He's still smarting from his humiliating defeat by a kid wizard! The part I did believe was that he could walk out at any time, it would be great if he could become a recurring villain for P101!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
349
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
The only problem with your theory is Bonnie's Promotion. IF players are doing this promotion at the appropriate level ( and NOT neglecting it ) then there is no need to wonder why Deacon is there, Deacon is still alive and we defeat him in the Motherlode Mine after Bonnie's promotion.

It's only those players who do Bonnie's promotion out of order that the "timeline" jars.
This also includes those who wait to promote Ratbeard for his second promotion, where he has to talk to Catbeard. But, oh no! Catbeard is in prison! Well, then you must release Catbeard to promote Ratbeard.
Blind Mew never considered that players would neglect to promote such important companions like Bonnie or RB.

Now, I would give anything to hear Blind Mew's explanation of the Penguin Revolution and the rise of Napoliguin!
Post Edit: About Meowiarty; you actually believed him when he said he had planned this? He's still smarting from his humiliating defeat by a kid wizard! The part I did believe was that he could walk out at any time, it would be great if he could become a recurring villain for P101!
The Polaris plot line is admittedly a bit of a mess. But, I'll do my best to give my personal explanation. I highly doubt this is correct, but I'll give it a shot.

Napoleguin is said to have retaken power by Pirate level 70. This information is learned from the Polarian ambassador's quest in Florenza. This happen at, in theory, wizard level 60 - 63. I think it can be well assumed that the Pirate will visit Polaris soon (I know, assumption, but just for the sake of my explanation), so let's say somewhere between pirate levels 70 - 90. This places it at wiz levels 60 - 80. Perhaps in our adventures with Napoleguin his empire falls leading to the rise of the walruses. This would allow for them to be in power when our wizard comes in at wizard level 100, or pirate level 107 - 110.

This implies that there were 2 penguin revolutions, which I find unlikely, but it's my best explanation for it.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
950
Alex the Pirate on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
The Polaris plot line is admittedly a bit of a mess. But, I'll do my best to give my personal explanation. I highly doubt this is correct, but I'll give it a shot.

Napoleguin is said to have retaken power by Pirate level 70. This information is learned from the Polarian ambassador's quest in Florenza. This happen at, in theory, wizard level 60 - 63. I think it can be well assumed that the Pirate will visit Polaris soon (I know, assumption, but just for the sake of my explanation), so let's say somewhere between pirate levels 70 - 90. This places it at wiz levels 60 - 80. Perhaps in our adventures with Napoleguin his empire falls leading to the rise of the walruses. This would allow for them to be in power when our wizard comes in at wizard level 100, or pirate level 107 - 110.

This implies that there were 2 penguin revolutions, which I find unlikely, but it's my best explanation for it.
It's not that unlikely for there to be two penguin revolutions. Even in real history, Napoleon came into power twice, and was exiled twice.

In Russia, there actually two revolutions. The first against the Tzar, and the second against the short lived government that replaced the Tzar.

It's possible that Polaris is just in a near constant state of revolutions between the penguins and walruses.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Alex the Pirate on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
The Polaris plot line is admittedly a bit of a mess. But, I'll do my best to give my personal explanation. I highly doubt this is correct, but I'll give it a shot.

Napoleguin is said to have retaken power by Pirate level 70. This information is learned from the Polarian ambassador's quest in Florenza. This happen at, in theory, wizard level 60 - 63. I think it can be well assumed that the Pirate will visit Polaris soon (I know, assumption, but just for the sake of my explanation), so let's say somewhere between pirate levels 70 - 90. This places it at wiz levels 60 - 80. Perhaps in our adventures with Napoleguin his empire falls leading to the rise of the walruses. This would allow for them to be in power when our wizard comes in at wizard level 100, or pirate level 107 - 110.

This implies that there were 2 penguin revolutions, which I find unlikely, but it's my best explanation for it.
In History ( which I realize has only a nodding aquaintance with KI's history ). Napoleon was first defeated, then exiled to the island of Elba. He was only contained there a few months when he escaped and returned to France.
During the time he was off the throne, the British re-established the Bourbon rule ( the family that was kicked out in the first revolution. )
He then returned to power, King Louis the XVIII, fled.( second revolution? ). Napoleon was then defeated by British and Russian forces at Waterloo. Then he was imprisoned on the Island of St. Helena, where he died.
So it is possible to have 2 revolutions, quite near in time to each other.