Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Winter is coming

1
AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......
Ooh-- I like guessing games, great idea! And I really enjoyed your guesses and ideas.

Christmas Companion you say....how about a GingerSpook!? A Gingerbread Witchdoctor that can send out waves of frosty ice-ing, freezing all enemies in yummy, but lethal, goodness. With a Spinnamon AoE attack that whips up a ferocious torrent that rains down gumdrops and candies! Or maybe just a Walrus companion named Tuskus Rosmarus -- of the Tusketeer Class.

For a mount, I'm thinking a Mule-Tied Log-- something a little on the goofy side. You ride around in style on a Holiday decorated hitching post that is pulling a stubborn mule, in a Christmas sweater, behind it! The endearing Donkey sits on it's keister and digs it's hind hooves into the ground, leaving behind a dirty smoke cloud. I can't wait to hear that "Hee-Haw"-- music to my merry ears! I wouldn't mind having a Winter Wolf or Majestic Moose mount with ornaments and tinsel hanging off of it's antlers. Maybe even some mistletoe-- pucker up pirate!

Now pets...hmmm. For starters, maybe a Egg-nog pet. A bumblin' and stumblin' egg with all limbs sticking out. One 'hand' can be holding a candy cane and the other a cup of nog. And why not throw in a pet French Hen, that clucks with an accent. I don't know what it's saying, but I think I like it! Even an insult in French sounds pretty cool! Oooh, and we just have to have a pet Arrr-whal with a battle animation that includes some mighty fine fencing that would leave even El Toro de Pompouso speechless! And I also wouldn't mind seeing an Arctic Hare with a patch and a peg for a leg.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
31
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......
""Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!""
haha you were caught

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
So far we got a lama, an elephant and a scorpion as a charity mount.

For 2015 here is a guest for a charity mount. I would say a celestial roc. It might be the frist flying charity mount. It's color would be like the aurora shades of green,blue,red and violet.Have a golden armor and a holly around it.
Now that's taking holiday cheer into new heights.

Definition- A Roc is a giant mythical bird, that said to carry a creature as big as an elephant with ease.

Anyone for a blue version of the christmas buffaloon, I would like to see a third version of that pet.

Valmia please forgive our friend here for the crystal ball mischief.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
I'm wondering that we may get more "winter" inspired furnishings ( besides the holiday themed ones we get every year ).
We may even get a NEW HOUSE
Winter inspired furnishings :
Snow ball fight - throw snow balls at your friends
A tray of hot coco and marshmallows
House:
The Feast Hall of Hugin's Fjord ( Grizzleheim inspired house, somewhat like the GH craft house in W101 )

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
734
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......
Yarrr, I love the way ye think fair lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......
I would love an artic fox character that would be so cool. Bonnie is so lonely on the crew! BTW while she was chasing you I spiked the punch! Happy Holidays everybody!!!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
I'm guessing a return to Cool Ranch! That would be pretty awesome, even if it does seem unlikely. Falmea did drop a few hints, though.. I'm almost 100% that Winter will hold a story update!!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Head Honcho

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
I think that if there is a new story update, that it will probably be heavily focused on the characters themselves and returning characters. Whereas every month there has been a Rogue's Gallery, this month they asked us to give them more suggestions for characters we'd like to know more about, and in the most recent Falmea Friday, the question was what NPC or Character in the Spiral we'd love to know more about. Not only that, but Falmea mentioned Cool Ranch once or twice, so at the very least, I'm guessing there might be more stuff with the Mag 7.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
29
I think for the crown shop they should add a snowflake eyepatch and have multiple designs of snowflakes

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
163
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
I think that if there is a new story update, that it will probably be heavily focused on the characters themselves and returning characters. Whereas every month there has been a Rogue's Gallery, this month they asked us to give them more suggestions for characters we'd like to know more about, and in the most recent Falmea Friday, the question was what NPC or Character in the Spiral we'd love to know more about. Not only that, but Falmea mentioned Cool Ranch once or twice, so at the very least, I'm guessing there might be more stuff with the Mag 7.
How about new characters? We might get something that has to do with Cool Ranch, but it might not be about Mag 7...

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
Ahoy me mateys!

I like the talk about the new Christmas/winter items that have the possibility of coming up in the crown shop. I do like the idea of the fox companion, but when one thinks of the winter seasons, an animal more Christmassy might come to mind than an arctic creature (though I do have to admit, my Bonnie Anne is a bit lonely on the companions roster. I think a moose/reindeer or polar bear companion might be more sensible in the Christmas season (though I do say again, I like the arctic fox as well). Perhaps the bear could be from Grizzelheim and the reindeer might be some kind of musketeer. Christmas companions would be sick!

I also like the pet ideas. I would also like to add an elf or mini snowman or something like that. I know that that the pets consist more of animals like snakes or spiders, but a Christmas elf would be great to add to the crown shop do to the occasion.

I've also noticed that nobody mentioned a Christmas ship. Now a winter seasoned ship would be great fun. It would be in green and red or white, with snow covering the deck and a santa figure head. Its kinda like the haunted galleon, except winter version. And a horn that can soot out snowballs would be hilarious! And perhaps (hahaha) a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the deck, that sings Christmas carols every time you board your ship lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Wicked Aaron Brewster (level 25 Privateer)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy me mateys!

I like the talk about the new Christmas/winter items that have the possibility of coming up in the crown shop. I do like the idea of the fox companion, but when one thinks of the winter seasons, an animal more Christmassy might come to mind than an arctic creature (though I do have to admit, my Bonnie Anne is a bit lonely on the companions roster. I think a moose/reindeer or polar bear companion might be more sensible in the Christmas season (though I do say again, I like the arctic fox as well). Perhaps the bear could be from Grizzelheim and the reindeer might be some kind of musketeer. Christmas companions would be sick!

I also like the pet ideas. I would also like to add an elf or mini snowman or something like that. I know that that the pets consist more of animals like snakes or spiders, but a Christmas elf would be great to add to the crown shop do to the occasion.

I've also noticed that nobody mentioned a Christmas ship. Now a winter seasoned ship would be great fun. It would be in green and red or white, with snow covering the deck and a santa figure head. Its kinda like the haunted galleon, except winter version. And a horn that can soot out snowballs would be hilarious! And perhaps (hahaha) a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the deck, that sings Christmas carols every time you board your ship lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Wicked Aaron Brewster (level 25 Privateer)
I completely love your ship idea! A giant Santa as a figure head ( kinda scary, but I like scary ) he could boom out a Ho-Ho-Ho! every few minutes while in port. And a snow ball throwing horn would be wonderful, but the best part is the Christmas tree ( sail? ) playing carols!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
A Harbor Seal Pup pet, just imagine having an adorable seal pup floating by your side ( and it would make a change from the many creepy crawlies available as pets. )
Also, I would like to remind pirates that we have "The 12 Days of the Spiral" to look forward to, so this winter season will bring us many things to enjoy.
Chins up and keep faith!

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
163
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy me mateys!

I like the talk about the new Christmas/winter items that have the possibility of coming up in the crown shop. I do like the idea of the fox companion, but when one thinks of the winter seasons, an animal more Christmassy might come to mind than an arctic creature (though I do have to admit, my Bonnie Anne is a bit lonely on the companions roster. I think a moose/reindeer or polar bear companion might be more sensible in the Christmas season (though I do say again, I like the arctic fox as well). Perhaps the bear could be from Grizzelheim and the reindeer might be some kind of musketeer. Christmas companions would be sick!

I also like the pet ideas. I would also like to add an elf or mini snowman or something like that. I know that that the pets consist more of animals like snakes or spiders, but a Christmas elf would be great to add to the crown shop do to the occasion.

I've also noticed that nobody mentioned a Christmas ship. Now a winter seasoned ship would be great fun. It would be in green and red or white, with snow covering the deck and a santa figure head. Its kinda like the haunted galleon, except winter version. And a horn that can soot out snowballs would be hilarious! And perhaps (hahaha) a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the deck, that sings Christmas carols every time you board your ship lol.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Wicked Aaron Brewster (level 25 Privateer)
You should make a new thread with the ship idea.. Js.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
116
Yes it is, yes it certainly is........

I have to buy a new winter coat!! Oh and should I add armor to it???!!!

Who knows what hides in the, uh, cold? snow? ice? We shall soon find out

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
29
I don't know if there is already a mount of one of these but i am going to say it anyway i don't know they have not added a 2 mount (or 3 mount) Santa sleigh

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
GuyFromSchool on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
I don't know if there is already a mount of one of these but i am going to say it anyway i don't know they have not added a 2 mount (or 3 mount) Santa sleigh
There's one available in W101 during Christmas, I believe.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
such amazing ideas here! i would like to see new packs and not necessarily ones that include pets or companions either.. though a few mega wintertype snacks be welcome.. as would be companion training tomes or as an epic drop things like housing bric-a-brac elixirs, add-a-house elixirs, even a PET bric-a-brac elixir(cant blame me for trying XD) other things i do want..

P101 Winterland housing pack-would include the best of the best yuletide items smuggled from Wiz101( lol >;D we ARE pirates after all so there wizards :P)
1) smuggled things like snowglobes that make it snow, snow piles, christmas music scrolls, darkmoor thornflower bushes, interactive gingerbread house, giant nutcracker, holiday interactive musical instruments, ice skates mount, holiday fireplace, red dewberries, interactive confetti cannons, red wizardly wallpaper & also make it a carpet plz..
2) somethings new- holiday buffet table with all the fixings on it, a tobaggon mount, placeable icy trails to slide on, placeable frozen pond to slide on, giant poinsettas white or red, green, red, or blue light strands to hang up, a placeable doubloon safe (stores 100 of each type), golden punchbowls w/ red punch and golden ladle, golden punch goblets (might look like our quest goblet icon), placeable penguin pin interactive bowling alley, a winter themed music player possibly shaped like ice statue of an angel or fairy, framed napoleguin picture, framed picture of erika the red, framed picture of our parents when they were young and/or the picture we get to see at end of cool ranch, apple cider barrels(white label red apple on it), royal or sapphire blue carpet with small silver and white stars on it, red and green checkerboard flooring with golden trim around each tile, white tile flooring w/ red hollyberries in middle green trim around each square, stained glass windows from the monquistan or cool ranch churches, a buildable snowman..
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
such amazing ideas here! i would like to see new packs and not necessarily ones that include pets or companions either.. though a few mega wintertype snacks be welcome.. as would be companion training tomes or as an epic drop things like housing bric-a-brac elixirs, add-a-house elixirs, even a PET bric-a-brac elixir(cant blame me for trying XD) other things i do want..

P101 Winterland housing pack-would include the best of the best yuletide items smuggled from Wiz101( lol >;D we ARE pirates after all so there wizards :P)
1) smuggled things like snowglobes that make it snow, snow piles, christmas music scrolls, darkmoor thornflower bushes, interactive gingerbread house, giant nutcracker, holiday interactive musical instruments, ice skates mount, holiday fireplace, red dewberries, interactive confetti cannons, red wizardly wallpaper & also make it a carpet plz..
2) somethings new- holiday buffet table with all the fixings on it, a tobaggon mount, placeable icy trails to slide on, placeable frozen pond to slide on, giant poinsettas white or red, green, red, or blue light strands to hang up, a placeable doubloon safe (stores 100 of each type), golden punchbowls w/ red punch and golden ladle, golden punch goblets (might look like our quest goblet icon), placeable penguin pin interactive bowling alley, a winter themed music player possibly shaped like ice statue of an angel or fairy, framed napoleguin picture, framed picture of erika the red, framed picture of our parents when they were young and/or the picture we get to see at end of cool ranch, apple cider barrels(white label red apple on it), royal or sapphire blue carpet with small silver and white stars on it, red and green checkerboard flooring with golden trim around each tile, white tile flooring w/ red hollyberries in middle green trim around each square, stained glass windows from the monquistan or cool ranch churches, a buildable snowman..
stormy jen silver
So many wonderful ideas, and they have put me in a holiday mood. KI should hire you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
anecorbie on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
So many wonderful ideas, and they have put me in a holiday mood. KI should hire you!
he he ty madam appreciate the high praise x bows gracefully x but tis you lovely pirates that inspire me :3
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Nov 08, 2010
4
It'll be my first year getting the charity mount! I have a feeling that it's going to be an animal that isn't commonly thought as a "mount" - so something pretty quirky? I don't know why, but I also have a strong feeling that KI is going to release a Christmas pack for P101...

Heather Devereaux

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
90
I think that if KI makes a Polar Bear Companion, they should definitely add Polaris as a fun, winter surprise because polar bears are from Polaris in the Spiral. Also, we just really need a new world!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
90
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! Since the Holidays are fast approaching and 2015 is coming to an end, I would like to propose a guessing game as to what awaits us this winter season.
Of course there will be the return of the holiday companions and the Charity Christmas mount, but will we be seeing winter pets as well? And the Fall PVP season will end and the Winter PVP season will begin.
So without further blathering on my part, let's begin:
My guesses for the Winter season are:
A new Christmas Companion - a winter fox ( )
The new charity mount - a polar bear in a top hat and scarf
Several new pets - a winterpus, snow cat & frost wolf
I will predict ( I "borrowed" Vadima's crystal ball while she was preparing her Christmas punch ) that the new winter PVP season pet will be a skysnake. Oooh and a new vision is forming in the crystal! Is there a hint to a new update for 2016? The image is blurry, I will try to peer closer....
Vadima: "Give me that, you rapscallion! Count yourself fortunate that I don't turn you into a toad! Now be gone!"
Until next time, dear pirates.......
I like your ideas for the pets and companions, especially the winter fox. That would be so cool!!!!!!
I also loved your dialogue with Madame Vadima!

1