Why do Bucks and Musketeers not get any love?

1
AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Hello all- I made some chocolate brownie tarts for you. (A test recipe) The tea and coffee is on the table right there, so help yourselves.

Today I have a question. Wy do Buccaneers and Musketeers seem to not get any love? They did get some beautiful houses- but from Ki is not what I meant. I mean, why is there seemingly such a lack in the classes? Why is Swashbuckler the "king" of the classes and supposedly better than the others?

I see more Buccaneers nowadays, but I rarely see a Musketeer. I have only one or two on my friends list. I just don't get why I rarely see a Musketeer. I'm just curious, and rather disappointed in the lack of love for we gun-wielders and spear-users. -sulks-

About half of my list is Swashbucklers, two eighths Witchdoctors, two eighths Privateer, one and a half eighths buccaneer and half an eighth Musketeers. I just wonder why people don't like Musketeers. I mean, we have guns! What's not to like about that? And plus, the companions are awesome-sauce! -sighs- My apologies, I'm just upset. Haven't been feeling very cheerful lately.

Ciao.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
318
I don't know, but about a forth of my friends list are buccaneers and most of them are lower than mine. I can't tell if I seen more buccaneers or swashbucklers. About two people on my friends list are musketeers, why they don't get the love, they have traps.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 23

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Nice math work there, very impressive. Coming from my musketeer, Darling Christina Dove, I love being a musketeer. Once I got past level 20 and through Cool Ranch I can kick some serious tush and I have an absolute blast (pun totally intended). I love all my blasts and explosions. Most of the time my enemies are 3/4 gone before they can even reach me or my companions. Explosions, traps, high powered guns, how much more powerful can ya get? Musketeers totally rock

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
331
Yarr! Actually I started as a Swashbuckler. It is max level, has the best of everything and will always be my favorite class. But I started a Musketeer later on mainly for pvp. But the Musketeer has proven to be almost as good for questing as my Swashbuckler. Also the Musketeers got the Dragoon Autocannon weapon as a drop. That is a heck of a weapon if you can get it right when you hit level 55. The Buccaneers got the Wreckless Frenzy power and when used right can be devastating to enemies in quests or pvp. As you said the houses for these classes rock so I think KI has shown a little love for both classes this time around. Also most other classes have a healthy respect for Musketeers and Buccaneers in the pvp arenas.

Red India, Self Appointed Unlimited Class Master Musketeer Champion Supreme

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
109
Fellow Buccaneer here, looking for some love!!!

Jokes aside, I'd have to agree. Why is there such a lack for buccaneers and Musketeers? I consider the Buccaneer one of the dominant Pirate classes. And we get a lot of health!!!

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
199
A swashbuckler must agree thank you for the tea. Delicious as always Avalon. We must protect Musketeers from becoming extinct! Buccaneer is my favorite class and always will be. But isn't it true that Buccaneers can hit Swashbucklers without having to worry about dodge? (Or someone told me.)

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
i'd have thought privateers would have the least people, because we don't have strong attack powers from our class, we have to steal them from other classes

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
Actually, some of my best friends on the game are Buccaneers and Musketeers. About 1/2 of my friends list consists of Buccaneers and Musketeers.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Fellow Buccaneer here, looking for some love!!!

Jokes aside, I'd have to agree. Why is there such a lack for buccaneers and Musketeers? I consider the Buccaneer one of the dominant Pirate classes. And we get a lot of health!!!
i dont care if buccaneers are weak or not. im a buc and proud of it. were made for tanking, but people with a brain know to take the weaker people first, leaving us alone. if were alone, who are we taking damage for?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
505
Musketeer was my first ever Pirate and the only one I'll use. I love that Musketeer. He's AWESOME! Musketeers are a fine class and Bucs are to.

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
I think people dislike the Buccaneer class because Buccaneers they see Buccaneers, more or less, as beefed up companions. I mean they do have the least amount of companions and powers, but the most epics (I think my level 50 buccaneer has 6 epics). Or maybe its because they can't use the Buccaneer class to take down an enemy in one hit like swashbucklers can. Now, why people hate the Musketeers is totally beyond me. I once stacked all my traps (bombs included) ontop of each of each other and it killed all the guys before they made it in range of Bonnie's Overwatch.

Bloody Felix Lawson
Fox Hounder

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
102
I am a Musketeer and I think our class gets plenty of attention. I'm not sure where you are coming from here as I love my companions, powers, and our class house. Not to mention the weapon drops for Musketeer are quite fun with the recent expansion

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
74
The reason why Buccaneers and musketeers don't get any love is because:

For one, buccaneers get the least amount of companions out of all of the 5 classes, (even know my second most favorite class,) but I say that the buccaneers have the most powerful companions.

Musketeers, secondly, "basicly have the same move every time but each time more upgraded" my brother said, (my brother being a musketeer,) don't get me wrong that also sound cool.

Witchdoctor

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
331
Zlyxer on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
A swashbuckler must agree thank you for the tea. Delicious as always Avalon. We must protect Musketeers from becoming extinct! Buccaneer is my favorite class and always will be. But isn't it true that Buccaneers can hit Swashbucklers without having to worry about dodge? (Or someone told me.)
Not even slightly based in reality. My swashbuckler has never lost to a buccaneer in pvp. They try wreckless frenzy and after I am done hitting them with first strike I dodge it and...whoops...waste of a power card and then I do another 600-1000 damage after they miss with riposte. And my dodge isn't even that high for a swashbuckler because I focus a little more on damage than dodge.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Ensign
Jan 28, 2009
11
I consider both to be fine classes, I being a musketeer myself. I suppose it may be due to the stealth, power, and agility of a swashbuckling. I much rather prefer to shoot from a range with a pair o' pistols or a rifle than charge into battle with a sword, shield, you know. It's just me, really, but I do think Musketeer and Buccaneers are both fantastic classes.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
22
I admit that Musketeers and Buccaneers are good classes but to tell you the truth musketeers have the con of being unable to shoot through objects blocking there view. And there guns don't do that much damage. The traps are strong I admit, but they all go to waste if the enemy doesn't go through the traps as expected.

When it comes to Buccaneers they can't move really far and there attack power drags a battle on unnecessarily.

I tried all classes and ended up preferring a Swashbuckler over all. The powers are great, the few epics we get are all we need to beat up bosses and the fact that we can double and even triple our attack power with a single hit is a great bonus.

Xavier Collins - The Black Dragon of the Spiral

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
220
Well my first pirate was a privateer and I did pretty good but not as good with my swashbuckler I made swashbuckler my favorite class but the only reason I did that was because they do a lot of damage, use the hidden powers, the poison, and because in my opinion they got the better companions over privateer. Then I made my witchdoctor and I have to say the people are right about witchdoctor being the best for soloing and finishing the game faster it is my second favorite class. But I have been doing some pvp with my swashbuckler and I was underestimating the and but I stopped doing that because I noticed if you use the or powers correctly they are definitely a force to be reckoned with I lost both battles against the player and the one musketeers traps and powers can really annoy me because they can take out my hidden power and make me have to go through their traps which does good amounts of damage. My point is that the people that chose those classes play the game smarter than the classes that are mostly chosen ,, and they plan out their strategy to winning because they know we are powerful classes but in reality it makes them better classes I have earned a respect for and so that is my opinion.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 65
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65
Leo Richardson witchdoctor lvl 56

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
58
WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do musketeers get no love? I know musketeers aren't the greatest in damage (and this is coming from a musketeer), but come on people! You could set traps and have enemies step on them, or you could get far away and shoot the enemies to death. Actually, that made them sound like cowards. But they're not! It's just called playing it safe. As for buccaneers, well, if you want to be a buccaneer that's fine, but to me it just feels like they wear 150 pounds of armor and then stand in the middle of enemies taking hits. So please everybody, lets have less, and more!

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
39
Totally agree.

Silver Luis Cog L58

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Not even slightly based in reality. My swashbuckler has never lost to a buccaneer in pvp. They try wreckless frenzy and after I am done hitting them with first strike I dodge it and...whoops...waste of a power card and then I do another 600-1000 damage after they miss with riposte. And my dodge isn't even that high for a swashbuckler because I focus a little more on damage than dodge.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme
Really come on be a little nicer I like bucs they are reckless and so am I even though I'm a swash

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Buccaneers are AWESOME and Musketeers get decent companions... all except for Louis Le Bisque! He hardly ever did any damage and died in the third round of the sewer fight. And Barnabus... oh my...

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35
Slick Stephanie Maxwell level 8

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
39
CheeryCherry1234 on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Buccaneers are AWESOME and Musketeers get decent companions... all except for Louis Le Bisque! He hardly ever did any damage and died in the third round of the sewer fight. And Barnabus... oh my...

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 35
Slick Stephanie Maxwell level 8
At last tier Louis Le Bisque is an amazing companion. You can use his rain of mortarshells to your advantage and create double traps with your own scatter spikes. He also gets some decent damage and a guaranteed epic critical.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L50

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
(Sneaks into room wearing a mask, grabs a chocolate brownie tart, makes a pleasantly surprised grunt then takes another and puts in in his pocket)

(Oh yes grabs a cuppa tea but does not put it in his pocket, though you may want to count the spoons afterwards)

Is this the meeting for Musketeers anonymous? My name is, um, er, Bob. Bob the Musketeer. That's me. I've been a musketeer for three months. No one talks to me, or even looks at me when I enter a tavern. Even the NPCs give me the evil eye and make the sign against me. Gilbert and Sullivan even sang off key at me, I'm sure it was on purpose. Redcoats watch me in particular when I walk by. And I'm sure those side quest people laugh at me when I leave.

Anyway, (sniffles), I want to be loved. I want to do massive damage. I want another chocolate brownie tart. I want... well lots of things.

I can do stuff too. I can wipe out scads of foes with one shot. I can lay traps. I can go twice. I can epic and critical stuff just as well as those... other classes.

I have to go now, Bonnie Anne promised to walk me back to the ship when she was done shopping for supplies.

(Takes another chocolate brownie tart for the other pocket)

(Looks longingly at the spoons, but doesn't take another)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Sam Underhill on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
(Sneaks into room wearing a mask, grabs a chocolate brownie tart, makes a pleasantly surprised grunt then takes another and puts in in his pocket)

(Oh yes grabs a cuppa tea but does not put it in his pocket, though you may want to count the spoons afterwards)

Is this the meeting for Musketeers anonymous? My name is, um, er, Bob. Bob the Musketeer. That's me. I've been a musketeer for three months. No one talks to me, or even looks at me when I enter a tavern. Even the NPCs give me the evil eye and make the sign against me. Gilbert and Sullivan even sang off key at me, I'm sure it was on purpose. Redcoats watch me in particular when I walk by. And I'm sure those side quest people laugh at me when I leave.

Anyway, (sniffles), I want to be loved. I want to do massive damage. I want another chocolate brownie tart. I want... well lots of things.

I can do stuff too. I can wipe out scads of foes with one shot. I can lay traps. I can go twice. I can epic and critical stuff just as well as those... other classes.

I have to go now, Bonnie Anne promised to walk me back to the ship when she was done shopping for supplies.

(Takes another chocolate brownie tart for the other pocket)

(Looks longingly at the spoons, but doesn't take another)
Good stuff there, you made me smile repeatedly . You should do some Fan Fiction. You have a gift for it.

Ensign
May 25, 2009
7
I started as a Privateer, got to level 29, and somehow my main quest stream got reset back to the beginning. I have since maxed out a Witchdoctor, sad because I cannot finish Aquila without wasting experience I can get when they add new content, and allow higher levels which they will.

Musketeer has been fun the times I have played mine, Able Aedan Ainsley, red and navy standard with a gold and white eagle, currently only level 15. I think a lot of people who have played Wizard 101, probably wanted to get a little more up close and personal, and swashbuckler just sounds cooler than buccaneer. I can only surmise that is the case. I only saw 2 other witchdoctors the entire time from start to level 65. Surely there were more, but I only battled with two.

But never fear, buccaneer and musketeer are my next level 65s.

1