Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is in Polaris?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2011
I am making this topic to discuss what could possibly be in Polaris. The main point of discussion is what the story will be and who has the next piece of Marco Polo's map.

The first thing I want to say is that it is guaranteed that Napoleguin has been restored to power in Polaris. In a side quest in Valencia Part 2, the Polarian ambassador says that "We have given his leader back". This is hinting to a Napoleguin coup in Polaris. Replacing whatever government they had after his fall. I would also want to draw a parallel to Napoleguin's origin, which is Napoleon Bonaparte. In 1815, Napoleon had returned from Elba to come back to power in France. He was restored to power and was only defeated upon his defeat at Waterloo.

I do believe that Napoleguin could have the next piece of Pollo's map. Napoleguin could have found a piece of the map on his return to Polaris. Perhaps some Polarian soldier or General could have found or have stolen it. Napoleguin may declare war against the fledgling powers of the Spiral as all of them are currently weak. You would have to get into Polaris and defeat Napoleguin. Getting his piece of the map.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Springlife32 on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
I am making this topic to discuss what could possibly be in Polaris. The main point of discussion is what the story will be and who has the next piece of Marco Polo's map.

The first thing I want to say is that it is guaranteed that Napoleguin has been restored to power in Polaris. In a side quest in Valencia Part 2, the Polarian ambassador says that "We have given his leader back". This is hinting to a Napoleguin coup in Polaris. Replacing whatever government they had after his fall. I would also want to draw a parallel to Napoleguin's origin, which is Napoleon Bonaparte. In 1815, Napoleon had returned from Elba to come back to power in France. He was restored to power and was only defeated upon his defeat at Waterloo.

I do believe that Napoleguin could have the next piece of Pollo's map. Napoleguin could have found a piece of the map on his return to Polaris. Perhaps some Polarian soldier or General could have found or have stolen it. Napoleguin may declare war against the fledgling powers of the Spiral as all of them are currently weak. You would have to get into Polaris and defeat Napoleguin. Getting his piece of the map.
Or Napoleguin is holding Erica the Red in prison for piracy?

There is a very weird disjunction of story line involving Wizard101's Polaris & Pirate101's Polaris.
In Wizard101, the wizard must go to Polaris to find a cure for the ailing Barleby ( The Grandfather Tree ). In Polaris he/she discovers a penguin revolution is about to happen. There is a Tsarina on the Throne, Antusquette ( a reference to Queen Antoinette of France ). There is no mention of Napoleguin. There are plenty of French & Russian revolution references in W101's Polaris, ( separated in time by more than a hundred years ); I don't know how Blind Mew is going to reconcile the differences.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
Or Napoleguin is holding Erica the Red in prison for piracy?

There is a very weird disjunction of story line involving Wizard101's Polaris & Pirate101's Polaris.
In Wizard101, the wizard must go to Polaris to find a cure for the ailing Barleby ( The Grandfather Tree ). In Polaris he/she discovers a penguin revolution is about to happen. There is a Tsarina on the Throne, Antusquette ( a reference to Queen Antoinette of France ). There is no mention of Napoleguin. There are plenty of French & Russian revolution references in W101's Polaris, ( separated in time by more than a hundred years ); I don't know how Blind Mew is going to reconcile the differences.
The Wizard storyline takes place before Pirate’s. The French Revolution (i.e. the Penguin Revolution) takes place in 1789. Napoleon really doesn’t come to power until the 1800s, thus why there is no mention of Napoleguin in the Wizard storyline.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
The Wizard storyline takes place before Pirate’s. The French Revolution (i.e. the Penguin Revolution) takes place in 1789. Napoleon really doesn’t come to power until the 1800s, thus why there is no mention of Napoleguin in the Wizard storyline.
Yet it's specifically stated in the puppet show that "Napoleguin rose from shipping clerk to power in only ten years. True, the revolution helped, but that's an impressive record." And we see the rebels marching in what looks like Red Square ( yet another Russian reference ).
Also Blind Mew has stated that W101's & P101's time line are running "currently".

Although KI does include references to historical events, they're not super accurate ( nor should they be. )

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
What's in Polaris, you ask? Why, it should be obvious! What's in Polaris is (redacted), and above all, snow!

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
anecorbie on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
Yet it's specifically stated in the puppet show that "Napoleguin rose from shipping clerk to power in only ten years. True, the revolution helped, but that's an impressive record." And we see the rebels marching in what looks like Red Square ( yet another Russian reference ).
Also Blind Mew has stated that W101's & P101's time line are running "currently".

Although KI does include references to historical events, they're not super accurate ( nor should they be. )
Assuming that Napoleguin was still a shipping clerk during the French (Penguin) Revolution, ten years sounds about the right amount of time before his rise to power.
While agree that Pirate101 is very historically inconsistent (which is not at all a gripe, btw), it would make ZERO sense for the French Revolution to have taken place before Napoleon’s ascension to power. I know that the historical references do not run off a linear timeline (we visit the Wild West before Ancient Greece), but the Napoleonic Wars came right after the French Revolution, and in the same country.
Where did Blind Mew say this? I would like to see. Wizard and Pirate timelines certainly weren’t running at the same time when we found out that the Emporer of MooShu was still in an enchanted sleep.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Jan 31, 2020 wrote:
Assuming that Napoleguin was still a shipping clerk during the French (Penguin) Revolution, ten years sounds about the right amount of time before his rise to power.
While agree that Pirate101 is very historically inconsistent (which is not at all a gripe, btw), it would make ZERO sense for the French Revolution to have taken place before Napoleon’s ascension to power. I know that the historical references do not run off a linear timeline (we visit the Wild West before Ancient Greece), but the Napoleonic Wars came right after the French Revolution, and in the same country.
Where did Blind Mew say this? I would like to see. Wizard and Pirate timelines certainly weren’t running at the same time when we found out that the Emporer of MooShu was still in an enchanted sleep.
Blind Mew said this many years ago, when players began to question why the Aztecosaurs of Xol Akmul mentioned Morganthe & why the Emperor of MooShu was still in a deep sleep. He explained that the Wizard was still in Marleybone when we visit MooShu, then we visit Marleybone after the wizard bests Meowiarty. The Aztecosaurs of Xol Akmul knew the cataclysm was coming and returned to a safe place their ancestors used as burial grounds.

Napoleon was in a French Military Academy ( were he studied gunnery ) during the French Revolution, he then rose through the ranks and eventually gained a conculship in the Republican government. From there he gained power. ( He certainly wasn't a shipping clerk ).

Captain
Dec 06, 2012